Worst footwork you have ever seen?

brock against cain
3577651_o.gif

Bader has terrible footwork and jke shields is just AWFUL on the feet. Jake may have the worst striking I have ever seen. I honestly wouldnt hesitate to get into a striking fight with Jake and im a fat piece of xboxing shit.

Actually, he's half right.

Footwork is the general use of feet/legs. Lateral movement is technically footwork, but that's not the end of it. Good footwork allows a fighter to quickly change the distance, whether closer or further, and cut angles on the inside quickly to either defend or attack.

I don't agree that Nick has great footwork, but when he's throwing combinations, he does good things to throw with more power, especially when his opponents are against the cage. Nick's movement is terrible, but his footwork in exchanges isn't terrible.

Well that's what I was saying. Obviously not all movement is footwork, but all footwork is movement. That guy was claiming that moving around the ring or cage laterally wasn't footwork but instead "movement," which is nonsense.

I would say just about any Scott Smith fights. The guy is tough as nails but he literally just walks into punches.

footwork = putting your body in position to do the most damage to your opponent where your opponent can do the least damage to you. Anderson is the master of this.

movement = moving around the cage, cutting angles, staying active, to make your opponent not be able to anticipate your position ala Gustufsson, Cruz, Frankie ect.

Nick Diaz and Lombard both have great footwork, but terrible lateral movement.

Seriously, sometime watch Diaz or Lombard quickly scoot their front foot in a half-step motion toward their opponent when they are just out of range. The way they move their feet is very high level, which is why both land a very high percentage of punches standing. All the times Diaz has been put on his ass when from close range when he was in the pocket swinging where footwork holds no meaning.

Travis Browne has good movement, but unimpressive footwork.

Misses most of his punches, but when he does connect, its from on unexpected angle or position and puts the guy out.

The two are not interchangeable. Its just laughable reading SD talk about "footwork".

The worst footwork would be guys like: Beltran, Jardine, Leonard Garcia, Leben,, ect

There both part of footwork. Nick has bad footwork! The guy is unbelievably flat footed. Just ask Freddie Roach

Cutting off the ring and movement IS part of footwork. That does not mean you need to be dancing around all the time like Anderson and Ali to have great footwork (Mayweather has great footwork and he fights with little movement in his feet) but movement IS part of footwork!

There both part of footwork. Nick has bad footwork! The guy is unbelievably flat footed. Just ask Freddie Roach

Ya, Nick is so flat footed, check out this GIF of BJ blasting stationary Nick.

diazslips.gif

Nick has horrible control of distance. He just stands and swings.

In this thread, NorCalNinja attempts to explain how head movement equals footwork.

Ya, Nick is so flat footed, check out this GIF of BJ blasting stationary Nick.

diazslips.gif

Nick has horrible control of distance. He just stands and swings.

Hahah genius headmovement. Totally owning penn.

Look at klitschko in his last fight hes flat footed too:D The best hw boxer of the last decade has horrible footwork too hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YChRIDAuA80

That sumo wrestler that fought Kieth Hackney had some pretty awful footwork.

Just re-watched Jones/Bader. Bader's footwork looks like he's drunk and wearing a 50 lb backpack. Also, the whole fight against Machida was pretty hard to watch. Anybody have any other really bad footwork moments?
bader got frustrated and just charged in from way too far out. thats a mistake vs any fighter but vs machida thats the worst opponent to do it against and probably something the talked about daily leading up to the fight.

seemed like a very amateur mistake from a very good fighter
I would say Nick and Nate Diaz but they dont really have any footwork to speak of.

nates footwork vs bendo was disappointing. although bendo made it difficult and deserves some credit, nate was punching off his back foot and seemed off balance the whole fight

Back