Worst casting choices in a movie

Sakuraba is #1

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Keanu Reeves in Dracula. Oldman was magnificent as Dracula, but Keanu’s bad acting drug the movie down.

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther in BvS and Jared Leto as the Joker in Suicide Squad. I’m having a hard time figuring out who was worse. They’re equally horrible.

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. Alan Ritchson is the perfect choice. He’s big and imposing like the actual character is supposed to be, not some 5’7 pretty boy manlet.

Daniel Day-Lewis as Bill "The Butcher" in Gangs of New York. Great actor but he’s performance in this movie was comical and did not properly portray the real person.

Brad Pitt as Achilles in Troy. Great movie. It’s actually one of my favorites, but Brad Pitt was miscast. He’s portrayal of Achilles was cringy. This failure is comprehensive, so it's probably attributable to the producers, script and direction.

Keanu Reeves in Dracula. Oldman was magnificent as Dracula, but Keanu’s bad acting drug the movie down.

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther in BvS and Jared Leto as the Joker in Suicide Squad. I’m having a hard time figuring out who was worse. They’re equally horrible.

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. Alan Ritchson is the perfect choice. He’s big and imposing like the actual character is supposed to be, not some 5’7 pretty boy manlet.

Daniel Day-Lewis as Bill "The Butcher" in Gangs of New York. Great actor but he’s performance in this movie was comical and did not properly portray the real person.

Brad Pitt as Achilles in Troy. Great movie. It’s actually one of my favorites, but Brad Pitt was miscast. He’s portrayal of Achilles was cringy. This failure is comprehensive, so it's probably attributable to the producers, script and direction.
Keanu Reeves in devils advocate, with his disappearing Southern accent.

I disagree about Brad Pitt as Achilles though. I thought he was great. Who do you think would've been better?

I disagree about Brad Pitt as Achilles though. I thought he was great. Who do you think would've been better?

Eric Bana would have been a better Achilles than Brad Pitt.

I am torn on Brad Pitt and Achilles. He somehow pulled it off but he‘s not believable as some Greek semi God. He looks way too American / Northern european for that.

Jake Gyllenhall as some MMA fighter Dalton in Roadhouse. I thought he felt so out of place in that role and knew it and knew that every knew.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse miscasting in the main roles.
850067.jpg

And it wasn't just them. The casting in that movie was maybe the worst I've ever seen in a major blockbuster. It's not that the actors aren't talented actors, but they couldn't be a worse fit for the movie. Luc Besson truly fucked up.

With the right casting, and a couple different choices with the narrative, I believe this movie had the potential to be a massive success.
6130306_sa.jpg

The guy that played Ric Flair in Iron Claw, worst performance in the history of cinema

I get triggered every time I think about how terrible he was!

🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬
should just have cast Jay Lethal
+ they would had bonus point for diversity casting.

TS has it right with Reeves in Dracula.

Francis made some of the greatest and worst calls in cinema history!

Jean-Claude Van Damme in Street Fighter
JCVD was the only reason this movie was made.
He was the box office attraction at that time,
the script sucked donkey dick.

Ken was the real casting joke here...
the latino guy from blood in blood out,
really??

They Nailed Zangief, Vega, E.Honda tho.
Kyllie Minogue as Cammy also get a golf clap.

Raul Julia saved that movie and made it somewhat fun.

I am torn on Brad Pitt and Achilles. He somehow pulled it off but he‘s not believable as some Greek semi God. He looks way too American / Northern european for that.

I hear you but these folks were mythological characters, don't think they were supposed to look like regular Greeks. Achilles is mentioned as having blonde/reddish hair in the Iliad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickestvisitor
Back