Worship Brock/ Worship Cain/ Discredit Cain, worship JDS/ Discredit JDS, worship Cain

Once Shertards realize they can't see the future they will save themselves a lot of trouble

A fighter can go from GOAT to Can to GOAT in a span of three fights up in here.

Totally.

The thing is....JDS is still a total bad a**. Its just that the discrediting of Cain was out of control.

Most intelligent mma fans knew that fights between these two could go either way. Even if you favored one to win, you wouldnt have been surprised if the other one won.

I got 3 to 1 for my bet on Cain. I thought the world had gone insane. And I wasn't sure he'd win, I just figured him for a slight favourite. As the fight went he looked like he should have been a massive favourite to win, but things could have gone differently. I think JDS can definitely win the belt back from Cain if he just keeps improving like he has so far.

I become a fan of fighters because of the men. Not because of their records.

I'm not a fan of either JDS or Cain, but I had Cain winning it as I thought a trilogy would be epic. I don't think so anymore...

Not sure how a 3rd fight goes any differently than this one.

I become a fan of fighters because of the men. Not because of their records.

I'm not a fan of either JDS or Cain, but I had Cain winning it as I thought a trilogy would be epic. I don't think so anymore...

Not sure how a 3rd fight goes any differently than this one.

Oh I don't know, how about JDS catching him early like the first fight?

Hopefully people will just go into a more 'wait & see' mode with the HW division for now, but I doubt it. JDS hadn't really showcased anything but boxing and people were labeling him the next GOAT. People here truly go by nothing but the record or streaks of fighters without truly analyzing a thing about the fighter before throwing around the 'GOAT' label. No one should expect a guy so one-dimensional to last too long. At some point as a champ, other skills will be truly tested and we had yet to see him have to rely on anything but KO power.

Its not like I don't get the guy having fans but some fans took it very personal when I'd simply say that we've only seen his boxing/KO power and not much else tested. The HW division will be like this for a while because the top HWs have some big weaknesses other fighters can take advantage of. Silva, GSP & Jones are great title holders because of their lack of holes in their game or ability to counter their own weaknesses, there's just not anybody that dominant and strong at HW yet.

Welcome to Sherdog. This is really ridiculous.

Before the yesterday fight, nobody could even acknowledge that Cain is much more well rounded than Brock or JDS and his ability to win came down to his gameplan, which was perfect this time.

Also, 10-12 fights which means only 3-4 top opponents (who ever have the same # of fights or over their prime) means that the fighters are not that experienced, and we have not seen them in all situations that can happen in a fight.

Overeem and Werdum are the only opponents who are truly experienced and still very dangerous. Ironically, except for the Werdum/JDS fight a while ago where Werdum clearly understimated JDS, we have not seen them fight any top UFC fighters.

All hail AO, 2013 HW Champion because Cain and JDS are cans.....

No really, props to both guys....

The HW division is finally looking up

This board was 80% JDS fanatics, it only makes sense half of them would jump off the bandwagon when he lost. People like frontrunners.

Were you here when Cain was first champ?

It was 80% Cain fanatics.

I'll confess: I hated Brock and was thrilled when Cain beat his ass. Pulled for JDS in each bout since. Although I still like Cain, I will be rooting for Overeem to beat him and will never root against JDS. So it goes.

I really hope Overeem loses to Big Foot, just to see everyone jump on him and say he sucks. Then a whole lot of "and this guy was suppose to beat Cain, what a joke" quotes will start coming out.

Back