Workout needed

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Seral, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Seral

Seral White Belt

How should I train to maximise muscle strength and endurance, aerobic capacity and flexibility?

Maybe stretch first

then work on strength doing heavy reps on bench press, bent over rows, shoulder press, pullups, squats

then lift lighter weights in the same workout?

Maybe just do martial arts for cardio?

Theres so much i want to do it seems like i cant fit it all in. need to make some good money to free up some time from boring job

2. graedy

graedy Brown Belt

I would keep up stuff like sprint intervalls and of course your mma training all the time and peridioize your lifting in short cycles. Focusing on maxstrength for 4-6 weeks then on muscualr enduarnce for the same time and so on.

3. oyaji poi

oyaji poi oyaji belt

crossfit

4. Mark Limbaga

Mark Limbaga Amateur Fighter

Stretch for flexibility. You got so much, maybe you should be a bit more focused on a certain goal. Do you train in martial arts?

5. Universal

Universal Blue Belt

Are there any physical activities in which you're currently involved that you would have to work around?

6. Seral

Seral White Belt

Curently I started the weight lifting recently(2 weeks), havnt been stretching much and need to get back to MMA classes.

There's so much I want to do and achieve. I was thinking if I can do workouts that would improve myself all round it would be best

7. Mark Limbaga

Mark Limbaga Amateur Fighter

Your flexibility and stamina will improve with your martial arts classes. The lifting will help improve your strength and power