Work-From-Home thread

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Three months into a work from home job and this is the worst productivity I have shown in any job and I pretty much sucked in all jobs that I had.

All I do is Sherdog, youtube and crypto all day. I should be thankful AF to have gotten this job in the first place (I am), but I have very little urgency in getting work done if I am in the house.

I just sent in my first important report to a board member and I didn't even half-ass it, I quarter-assed it. They'll sniff me out as a slacker soon enough.

Being unemployed or staying only for a short while on a job is bad for the record. I'll gut it out for at least another three months then look for something I can do better/ get paid better.

You have a negative outlook to your suitability for the job but you're also ambivalent to sticking around.
Obviously you'll never improve under the combination of those conditions.
You gotta focus your energy on wanting to improve and then you'll show to yourself and then to your employer you can / will do the job.

All in your hands bro

I've been doing it full-time since last March. I am more productive all around. I get more work done in less time and without the commute, I have more free time as well. I also do a fair share of YouTube and crypto during the work day

<GinJuice>

Although I've heard rumblings of possibly going back to the office full time in July though it's not finalized. One of the jobs I only need to go in once every 2 weeks

12 hour days and coming into the office weekends at the moment is kicking the fuck out of me but if I was at home with husband who works from home, one of us would be up on a murder charge. It was bad enough for a few months when neither of us were working.

12 hour days and coming into the office weekends at the moment is kicking the fuck out of me but if I was at home with husband who works from home, one of us would be up on a murder charge. It was bad enough for a few months when neither of us were working.
Sounds like a personal problem

Covid hasn't affected my job. People's cars keep breaking and someone needs to fix them. Business as usual.

<Fedor23>

The bakery my mom works at got shut down temporarilly because of covid restrictions, and now they take orders by phone and make and deliver everything from home, Which is nice.

My mom told the boss to hire my wife on part time minimum wage so she has a pair of helping hands in the house, and stuff gets done quicker.

Now my mom is teaching her the trade, and our Kid gets fat by being a test subject of her mom's pastries, lol

if i'd put my productivity at work at 100%, i'm likely running around 10% during this work from home thing since March 2020.
but, the majority of the 10% work i do is high profile and people think i'm even more important now than previously. bizarre world we live in now. funny thing is, i have zero intention of going back to the manhattan office, so i'll likely resign once a date is released for that to happen.

if i'd put my productivity at work at 100%, i'm likely running around 10% during this work from home thing since March 2020.
but, the majority of the 10% work i do is high profile and people think i'm even more important now than previously. bizarre world we live in now. funny thing is, i have zero intention of going back to the manhattan office, so i'll likely resign once a date is released for that to happen.
Nice, so you gonna look for another remote job?

Been doing it over 5 years now. This can definitely be a problem, its a very different way of working that we aren't used to.

I'm not sure what the nature of your job is but here's some things that worked for me.

- I have a lot more time now. No commute or getting up early/getting ready for the office. Also most 8 hour jobs you really only need to be working 3 - 4 hours of actual work.

- Set out blocks of time to cover those hours. For me its 3 - 5 pm and 10 - 12 am. That's it, hardly feels like you are even working. But when that time comes put your phone aside, close all other tabs, don't get distracted. 100% of your focus should be on work, this also improved the quality of my work.

- Morning routine. There's no reason to get up early so you can slack, a lot. If you start your day by lying in bed another hour, having breakfast and playing video games, its just not gonna get better. A little workout in the morning and some time out in the sun is all you need to set you up for a productive day.

It takes some time to adjust to this way of working but for me the pros far outweigh the cons. I think even after the lockdown a lot more people are going to be shifting to work from home / remote working.

Although I've heard rumblings of possibly going back to the office full time in July though it's not finalized. One of the jobs I only need to go in once every 2 weeks

Will you be pissed when you have to actually start going to work again?

And, does this affect how you feel about the pandemic ie. Do you want it to continue so you can keep working from home?

Will you be pissed when you have to actually start going to work again?

And, does this affect how you feel about the pandemic ie. Do you want it to continue so you can keep working from home?
Yes lol. I will prolly have to quit one of my jobs

Back