Work-From-Home thread

Who the hell complains about getting out of bed, checking if there's an email and going back to sleep, lol can't make this shit up

Doing whatever I want with no supervision is so hard lol

I know your views on marriage. It has nothing to do with that, I just after having to go back to the UK to look after my parents for a few months, it completely changed how much I value time on my own. Never wanted time to myself. Now I'm being sweetness and light for 12 hours a day at work 6 days a week I just want to curl up and watch Sex and The City or some such on my fucking own.

Aah yes, alone time. Always vastly undervalued.

And you can shove off with that as well. I explained fully why.

I wasn't talking about you. I was discussing the wider societal trend of divorces resulting from people being forced to be around each other all the time because of lockdown.

I'm finding a pattern that most of the ppl who hate working from home live with their spouses or families. I have yet to see a single person who doesn't like working from home

That would be me. I hate working from home, too many distractions.

Thankfully it's not possible in my line of work anyway.

That would be me. I hate working from home, too many distractions.

Thankfully it's not possible in my line of work anyway.
Lol I'm the kinda guy who when I went to the office, the only thing I looked forward to all day was going out for lunch

I love working from home because I like writing my reports and stuff while laying down. Since nobody is around I can put my laptop on my belly and do my work that way and it’s nbd

Lol I'm the kinda guy who when I went to the office, the only thing I looked forward to all day was going out for lunch

Oh well, I like my job /shrugs

All these work from home during COVID dudes are gonna be crying when the pandemic ends. Lol. I can't wait. Gonna be sometime this year.
When California reopens on June 15 employers are going to start making them come back... At least some of the week.

When California reopens on June 15 employers are going to start making them come back... At least some of the week.

It's just insanity, dude. We have people who literally want the pandemic to keep going because they don't wanna have to go back to work.

I'm back to 4 days office 1 WFH, ie pre covid norm.

I work just as hard at home as in the office but get more done from less distractions.

It is certainly harder to manage staff in a traditional sense and also pick up on random office chat that can help avoid misconceptions/mistakes etc.

I'll probably drop to 2 days wfh next year when my eldest starts school

It's just insanity, dude. We have people who literally want the pandemic to keep going because they don't wanna have to go back to work.
Whether people like it or, the likelihood of them getting promoted will be higher if they go into the office.

I mean, one of the factors that helped me get my new job in December was that I was willing to go into the office every day. The last person that was doing my job refused to come in and the reason they let her go was because she was terrible at communicating. My boss already had a bad taste in his mouth from it. He and the subject matter expert I work with come in every day and he wanted that in person collaboration.

Half my team is working from home. The assignment ratio is terribly lopsided towards the people working on site. The portion of the team working from home frequently joke about waking up at 10 and hanging around the house all day in their pajamas watching movies. I don't really give a shit, I like working, but some of the people that work on site are getting so pissed. Waiting for it all to come to a head so I can witness the carnage.

Three months into a work from home job and this is the worst productivity I have shown in any job and I pretty much sucked in all jobs that I had.

All I do is Sherdog, youtube and crypto all day. I should be thankful AF to have gotten this job in the first place (I am), but I have very little urgency in getting work done if I am in the house.

I just sent in my first important report to a board member and I didn't even half-ass it, I quarter-assed it. They'll sniff me out as a slacker soon enough.

Being unemployed or staying only for a short while on a job is bad for the record. I'll gut it out for at least another three months then look for something I can do better/ get paid better.
Bro, just man up and do your shit.

I've been purposely working more hours a week so that I can keep this going when covid is done.

I save a bunch of time on not commuting so I figure I can spend half of it on work.

So far I can say that my productivity is up significantly from when I went in the office.

Back