Social Work friend ended it

Super shitty news, truly sorry to hear. I had a friend drink himself to death.

Sorry to hear, man. Life behind the walls can get dreary. Havent had any coworkers commit suicide but a fair amount drink a lot or come in reeking of weed. Also a trend that staying too long makes you a little nutty.

Sorry to hear that.

I could imagine he didn't think it would make you sad or that many people would care. So you posting about it here is a reminder to everyone that people do probably care about and value you more than you think. Definitely easy to lose sight of that when dealing with dark thoughts.

Sorry to hear brother.

I had an army buddy off himself years back. It came out do the blue. No one expected it.

Hey guys, hey.

I've been really busy with the side business and all that, things are going well. I actually finalized the largest client I've ever had today.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV and a colleague at the prison told me one of my closest friends there committed suicide.

Devastating.

Law Enforcement and specifically corrections has a very high suicide rate and this guy was so funny. I spent many a hours chatting with him over my decade there and he would always ask about my hustles.

Suicide is such a permanent solution and it leaves all those around you in the wake of that pain. I don't get it even though I've wanted to end it before. I have demons too.

I just wanted to say I love you guys and cherish every moment.
I'm sorry, the "so funny" really rang a bell, funny guys (i'm one) are usually the saddest and most troubled. Honestly, I don't blame people for wanting out, hell, we didn't get a choice whether to be in this life or not (barring some of the eastern beliefs). The thing that stops me is, I think suicide would have its own repurcussions in the hereafter. So, no friends, no real family, no real hope but fuck it, I'm stuck here. I don't blame those guys though, I really don't.

Mental illness runs in my family I've had three family members commit suicide. It sucks.
mine too, either that or we just have such dysfunction that it makes us wacky. I've had 2 suicides on my mom's side and of course my Indian/Native American side there's one but my mom's side is definetly more depressed and mentally wacky. The Indian side, it's mainly just poverty and despair, external stuff that gets to them. The rate for the natives who committed suicide was something ridiculous like 30 times more likely than the general pop to commit suicide. Unfortunately, that's my heritage, all of it. To top it off, had a black stepdad, the neurosis of three different cultures definitely outweights the benefits.

Hey guys, hey.

I've been really busy with the side business and all that, things are going well. I actually finalized the largest client I've ever had today.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV and a colleague at the prison told me one of my closest friends there committed suicide.

Devastating.

Law Enforcement and specifically corrections has a very high suicide rate and this guy was so funny. I spent many a hours chatting with him over my decade there and he would always ask about my hustles.

Suicide is such a permanent solution and it leaves all those around you in the wake of that pain. I don't get it even though I've wanted to end it before. I have demons too.

Really funny people are usually very sad. Sorry bro.

I'm sorry, the "so funny" really rang a bell, funny guys (i'm one) are usually the saddest and most troubled. Honestly, I don't blame people for wanting out, hell, we didn't get a choice whether to be in this life or not (barring some of the eastern beliefs). The thing that stops me is, I think suicide would have its own repurcussions in the hereafter. So, no friends, no real family, no real hope but fuck it, I'm stuck here. I don't blame those guys though, I really don't.
I was very similar to you and I started betting on me. The hope came from consistently dominating things in front of me. I go through issues, and I've documented them here a few times, but we are the drivers of our cars. I'm always around if you ever want to chat or anything.

My condolences. You never know what a person is going through, so it often comes as a shock. We see the devastation left, but can never truly realize how far a person had to be pushed to get to that point. Wish the best for you and those left behind.

Hey guys, hey.

Devastating.

Hey brotha I saw you on the new gentlemen tv show the beards shorter and blonder now.

Hey brotha I saw you on the new gentlemen tv show the beards shorter and blonder now.
Blonde like your dubs...

Seriously, don't get banned bud. I like you around here.

Blonde like your dubs...

Seriously, don't get banned bud. I like you around here.
I was doing a drunk movie night like I been doing since 2015 and said "ya see brothers". Meaning come on in and celebrate with me brothas and they game me yellows. I asked why twice and no reply.
That comment was in no way a put down but here I am with yellows. Atleast Im not getting drunk and threatening to bash peoples skulls in now. Best thing is just not get on here drunk anymore.
My drunk movie night threads were fun tho people wud come in drunk and celebrate.

That sucks. Sorry for your loss.

I'm struggling with demons of my own too. Shertherapist doesn't have any advice for you on this one. Wish you well though and I'm only one call away Superman got nothing on me.

I was doing a drunk movie night like I been doing since 2015 and said "ya see brothers". Meaning come on in and celebrate with me brothas and they game me yellows. I asked why twice and no reply.
That comment was in no way a put down but here I am with yellows. Atleast Im not getting drunk and threatening to bash peoples skulls in now. Best thing is just not get on here drunk anymore.
My drunk movie night threads were fun tho people wud come in drunk and celebrate.
Those were always classics. Chin up, Champ.

That sucks. Sorry for your loss.

I'm struggling with demons of my own too. Shertherapist doesn't have any advice for you on this one. Wish you well though and I'm only one call away Superman got nothing on me.
We all have those demons. We are fighters, bro.

Reactions: 666
Back