Social Work friend ended it

THE Red Beard

FCF Enforcer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hey.

I've been really busy with the side business and all that, things are going well. I actually finalized the largest client I've ever had today.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV and a colleague at the prison told me one of my closest friends there committed suicide.

Devastating.

Law Enforcement and specifically corrections has a very high suicide rate and this guy was so funny. I spent many a hours chatting with him over my decade there and he would always ask about my hustles.

Suicide is such a permanent solution and it leaves all those around you in the wake of that pain. I don't get it even though I've wanted to end it before. I have demons too.

I just wanted to say I love you guys and cherish every moment.

Sorry for your loss.
Thank you bud. It's funny...I never really liked a lot of people at that job but him and I always laughed and talked. I ran the recreation yard for 2 years and his post was right next to it. We would spend hours outside talking and telling stories. That never ended up until last week. Such a shame.

Damn! R.I.P. to the bro
One of the greats! I always told him he should have been in comedy. He had this one story when he delivered pizzas and Bill Clinton was in the area. He went to meet him instead of delivering the pizza. He ate the pizza while he talked to Bill. He told a story better than anyone.

Damn. I’ve lost a few friends. One to suicide. The rest to tragedy. If it’s any consolation, you get over it. At least it’s not a member of your family.

Suicide isn’t a temporary solution if you believe in reincarnation, be nice if it did but I wouldn’t bet my life on it.

One of the greats! I always told him he should have been in comedy. He had this one story when he delivered pizzas and Bill Clinton was in the area. He went to meet him instead of delivering the pizza. He ate the pizza while he talked to Bill. He told a story better than anyone.
Add another to the Clinton hit list

Hey guys, hey.

I've been really busy with the side business and all that, things are going well. I actually finalized the largest client I've ever had today.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV and a colleague at the prison told me one of my closest friends there committed suicide.

Devastating.

Law Enforcement and specifically corrections has a very high suicide rate and this guy was so funny. I spent many a hours chatting with him over my decade there and he would always ask about my hustles.

Suicide is such a permanent solution and it leaves all those around you in the wake of that pain. I don't get it even though I've wanted to end it before. I have demons too.

I just wanted to say I love you guys and cherish every moment.
That's fucked man... I've had the same and it hurts like shit.

/ehug to you mr Red.

Coincidentally just had a former prison colleague commit suicide as well. Super shocking to all of us. Nice guy, and well respected by inmates and staff alike. Been in law enforcement for over 10 years now, and need more than all my fingers and toes to count all of the suicides and untimely deaths (mostly due to stress of the job, strokes and heart attacks).

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but that temporary problem can feel like a very long time, especially if the end cannot be seen around the corner.

My condolences for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. One of my closest friends from law school committed suicide three years after we graduated. Really nice, seemingly happy guy. The part that really shocked me was that I didn’t even know it happened for literally an entire year. Somehow I ended up so far out of the loop from the grapevine that I never heard about it when it happened, and he and I barely had any contact after law school, that I found out on the one year anniversary of his passing when a mutual friend reposted his obituary on Facebook with a message like “Can’t believe you’ve been gone a whole year. Rest in peace dear friend” or something similar and I was absolutely gobsmacked and heartbroken at reading it.

Mental illness runs in my family I've had three family members commit suicide. It sucks.

Coincidentally just had a former prison colleague commit suicide as well. Super shocking to all of us. Nice guy, and well respected by inmates and staff alike. Been in law enforcement for over 10 years now, and need more than all my fingers and toes to count all of the suicides and untimely deaths (mostly due to stress of the job, strokes and heart attacks).
It is a gut punch. I'm higher on the food chain now at the prison and in life, but with him, it was never that way. Even as a new officer, he was good to me and we bonded over stories. We had the same philosophy with how we operated and he was such a good person when we all needed it. The comic relief when times were hard. You get it.

Back