Social Work friend ended it

I'm sorry for your loss.

Former corrections officer here. It's a rough environment. So much negativity, sadly usually mostly by fellow CO workers. I'm sure you and I could have a meal and share stories for hours man.

If the job starts getting to you, please talk to someone.

Sorry to hear that, usually find the funny guys are like that because they hide an inner sadness/pain..........

I'm sorry, the "so funny" really rang a bell, funny guys (i'm one) are usually the saddest and most troubled. Honestly, I don't blame people for wanting out, hell, we didn't get a choice whether to be in this life or not (barring some of the eastern beliefs). The thing that stops me is, I think suicide would have its own repurcussions in the hereafter. So, no friends, no real family, no real hope but fuck it, I'm stuck here. I don't blame those guys though, I really don't.

I was going to say the same thing. The obituaries for those that I was aware of that killed themselves so often describe the person as the "life of the party" or always happy and smiling.

I was going to say the same thing. The obituaries for those that I was aware of that killed themselves so often describe the person as the "life of the party" or always happy and smiling.

I mentioned on here before, in suicide themed threads, that I was shocked and depressed when I learned a local owner of a dueling piano bar owner killed himself. He always was smiling, in looking over pics online, I only found one pic where he wasn't smiling, not only that, he was cocky, just the had swagger for days and seemed so comfortable in his own skin. I didn't really know him but I felt like I knew who he was better when I found out he killed himself, I felt badly for him, wondered exactly what it was that got to him and also, and also!!! I felt guilt because I'm always the type of guy to shut people out, especially if I think they have it all together, I've been there before and i never seem to learn. We do not know what is going on in someones head or in other parts of their lives that we aren't privy to. There is always the feeling that I could have done something, said something if I only knew but how are we to know, most people aren't even honest with themselves let alone with other people, particularly strangers of casual acquaintances. no way we could see what's going on in ever persons life that we come across, all we know is what they project, the rest would be guess work.

Hey guys, hey.

I've been really busy with the side business and all that, things are going well. I actually finalized the largest client I've ever had today.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV and a colleague at the prison told me one of my closest friends there committed suicide.

Devastating.

Law Enforcement and specifically corrections has a very high suicide rate and this guy was so funny. I spent many a hours chatting with him over my decade there and he would always ask about my hustles.

Suicide is such a permanent solution and it leaves all those around you in the wake of that pain. I don't get it even though I've wanted to end it before. I have demons too.

I just wanted to say I love you guys and cherish every moment.
Love ya brother,

Sorry for your loss

#SherbroStrong

Back