• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Words that sound dirty or bad.....but aren't

goiter

idk that shit always sounded weird to me

Dutch .. except their swear words which don't sound like swear words at all

you want a dirty word? Try being a sea fairing culture were your word for right and straight are near identical. That's just dirty.

Dutch .. except their swear words which don't sound like swear words at all

you want a dirty word? Try being a sea fairing culture were your word for right and straight are near identical. That's just dirty.
Schwaffelen

Titmouse - which isn’t a mouse at all but a bird.

Sacapuntas always sounded dirty even though it just means pencil sharpener.

I was going to bring this up. Someone I worked with used the term when describing a really stingy client and even though I was aware of the etymology and correct definition it still blew my mind. The word pre-dates the racial slur by centuries, but the fact that it’s almost phonetically identical just makes it a poor choice in this day and age. People got upset about the email and the whole was fucking dumb because of how easily avoidable it was.
Honestly avoidable because it need not have been used and avoidable because anybody could google the word before being outraged.

Pousser le coq
Dix-neuf

Masticate

Uranus

Assart

Dongle

Aholehole

Ballcock

Boner

Bumfiddler

Poop

Rectory