Word Building Riddle:

dissolved

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Right off the top, all Scrabble words are allowed. That said, usually the obscure words disappear after a round or two.

- The game starts with picking a two letter word (ie. "it")

- Add a letter, but the letter combination must equal a new word or variation of the last word (ie. "bit")

- Each round is considered to be a level or point (ie. "bits" would equal level 3)

How many levels can you build?

I think I might have thought of the longest one, but I could be wrong. Please be nice and don't ruin it for others - thanks!

The longest one I could think of is 8 levels.

Hint 1 (Starting Word)

The starting word is "la"

Reveal

don't spoil it for others now
1. la, 2. lap, 3. laps, 4. lapse, 5. elapse, 6. relapse, 7. relapses, 8. relapsers

Last edited:
I appreciate the fact that you trust Sherdoggers, but you went about this the wrong way.

La to relapsers

Is La even a word though?

Let's start again.

"We".

1 en
2 pen
3 peni
4 penis
5 penises

( I cheated)

Last edited:
I have you beat (9 levels):

La to Replasters (I added a T to relapsers)

I have you beat (9 levels):

La to Replasters (I added a T to relapsers)

That's cool and all, but where does the three letter word come from?

la
alt
tale
slate
latest
slatted
startled
sprattled
splaltered

I appreciate the fact that you trust Sherdoggers, but you went about this the wrong way.

I'm a slow learner. In fact I edited the OP several times as it was. It still must have been didactic.

What would your "right way" have been? Not make a thread like this on sherdog lol?

I'm a slow learner. In fact I edited the OP several times as it was. It still must have been didactic.

What would your "right way" have been? Not make a thread like this on sherdog lol?

I think he's joking and saying your post is a cryptic way of admitting that you just relapsed.

Back