Woodley Was a College All American Wrestler

WB does stand still with his hands down. Against a guy that can cover a hell of a lot of distance with a monster right.
WB stands bladed and uses the low/med push kick, If a fighter side steps that kick to the flank only spinning attacks are available. We saw KK use this against Holly.
Duke Roufus will have a game plan for T-Wood. T-Wood has a good chance to win as well as WB.
If Tyrone Woodley had a good left hook, he'd murder Wonderboy. Dude pulls back and to his own right so frequently it's fucking dangerous.

Well of course their different fighters. The point is when Woodley fails at a takedown, they will end up in the clinch. Woodley won't want to stay there I reckon. If he does he will tire those 19" pythons out in the first round.
OK. That was reasonable reply without throwing in an insult. I may be pointing out the obvious but 7 out of the 10 current UFC champions have significant wrestling backgrounds. However their fighting styles have evolved, for each of those 7, it started with wrestling. Not too different than the majority of champions for the past two decades. Yes, it may not be an in depth analysis but Wonderboy lacking that wrestling pedigree (or any significant BJJ accomplishment) is why I give the edge in this fight to Woodley.

Hendricks was a two time national champ. Woodley was just a division winning all American. Hendricks is a ver decorated college wrestler if I'm not mistaken.

I don't even know if Weidman was a national champ.

Hendricks was a two time national champ. Woodley was just a division winning all American. Hendricks is a ver decorated college wrestler if I'm not mistaken.

I don't even know if Weidman was a national champ.
Weidman wasn't I don't think. But he did beat Phil Davis who was a national champion. Penn State baby. They own college wrestling these days.

Weidman wasn't I don't think. But he did beat Phil Davis who was a national champion. Penn State baby. They own college wrestling these days.

yeah Hendricks is extremely decorated college wrestler. Two time national champion is some amazing stuff.

Think of a wrestler like Kyle Dake, 4 time national champ in 4 different weight classes. Never done before.

And yet Jordan Burroughs beats him constantly and his collegiate wrestling credentials pale in comparison.

Crazy crazy stuff

Last edited:
yeah Hendricks is extremely decorated college wrestler. Two time national champion is some amazing stuff.

Think of a wrestler like Kyle Dake, 4 time national champ in 4 different weight classes. Never done before.

And yet Jordan Burroughs beats him constantly and his collegiate wrestling creditable pale in comparison.

Crazy crazy stuff
Yeah if Burroughs wins next week, he will cement his legacy as the 2nd best American wrestler of all-time in most people's eyes. He is simply amazing. Best blast double I've ever seen in my life.

Mark Perry of the Univ. of Iowa beat Woodley in the quarterfinals at 2005 ncaa's, then Perry lost to Hendricks in the finals... 2 years later Perry beat Hendricks. Most NCAA wrestling fans hated Hendricks because of his attitude, but Johny was aggressive and his matches were never boring.

Yeah if Burroughs wins next week, he will cement his legacy as the 2nd best American wrestler of all-time in most people's eyes. He is simply amazing. Best blast double I've ever seen in my life.

Who is ahead of him. Sanderson and Smith?

The crazy part is Burroughs isn't peak till after college.

He beats Kyle fake on the regular and dake is a college phenom. One of the best of all time.

That level of wrestling is insane. Burroughs make insanely amazing wrestlers look bad

Who is ahead of him. Sanderson and Smith?

The crazy part is Burroughs isn't peak till after college.

He beats Kyle fake on the regular and dake is a college phenom. One of the best of all time.

That level of wrestling is insane. Burroughs make insanely amazing wrestlers look bad
I would say just Smith. Sanderson didn't wrestle enough internationally and Burroughs already has a much better record than Sanderson. Yeah it's weird Burroughs didn't peak until his senior year really. He's a takedown machine.
He's said he'll never do MMA unfortunately but his style is tailor-made for MMA. Blast doubles and outside singles. But oh well.

I would say just Smith. Sanderson didn't wrestle enough internationally and Burroughs already has a much better record than Sanderson. Yeah it's weird Burroughs didn't peak until his senior year really. He's a takedown machine.
He's said he'll never do MMA unfortunately but his style is tailor-made for MMA. Blast doubles and outside singles. But oh well.

He does have the best double I've seen. His speed seems otherworldly

Burroughs has put himself in the mix. I do think that the Russian Geduev might be able to beat him if the referee calls side with him. I can't wait to see that probable match-up.

Hendricks is a shell of his former self just like JDS. I wouldn't put any credibility behind his loss to Thompson.

Woodley is faster and more powerful than Hendricks and Thompson. He wil close the distance on Thompson and knock him out or take him down and pound him out.

The Woodley that fought Rory is long gone and Rory himself has gotten worse but Woodley has gotten better by leaps and bounds.

Back