Woodley talking about how he analyzes opponents on JRE

I simply don't believe you're capable of understanding when the fighter is able to take chances and finish the fight, and when he doesn't.

BTW had you actually watched the Fitch fight, you would've REALLY appreciate GSP , just by looking at Fitch during and after the fight.
That was a beatdown.
I honestly can’t remember the Fitch fight though of course I watched it.

People might not remember what you did or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel.

I have rarely ever rewatched a GSP fight because I remember feeling bored. GSP dominated so many 50-45 decisions they are a blur to me now.

Kos, Fitch, Hardy, Alvez, Shields etc that would literally take a while afternoon to watch those fights again.

I appreciate how GSP was always in control but I could sense how he was too concerned to lose that control in order achieve a finish. Boring.

if he was such a fighting genius he would have been able to get a stoppage against maia at least. dude had his eye closed by the 2nd-3rd round and tyron just chilled the rest of the fight. cool he ko'd robbie in a minute 30 seconds but that appears to be an outlier performance thus far. if that was the norm for him he would have stopped maia when he had the plenty of chances to.

GSP is widely regarded as very high IQ fighter and he is full of decisions.

I honestly can’t remember the Fitch fight though of course I watched it.

People might not remember what you did or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel.

I have rarely ever rewatched a GSP fight because I remember feeling bored. GSP dominated so many 50-45 decisions they are a blur to me now.

Kos, Fitch, Hardy, Alvez, Shields etc that would literally take a while afternoon to watch those fights again.

I appreciate how GSP was always in control but I could sense how he was too concerned to lose that control in order achieve a finish. Boring.

You know, what I see from it that you bring up your blurry memories and feelings as a fact.
Since you're THAT dependant on feelings, and don't remember what actually happened, it's easy to see that you can also be very very biased - a lot of sherdtards shout that he's boring, and that affects your feelings and your blurry memories.

Try to rewatch the mentioned fights. Objectively, in a non-biased way

I'll help analyze it for you: Steroid overload.

Nate ain't so great without the juice:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

meh.
Neutralizing opponents is all great, but he should attack some as well.

I hope Till takes him out of his comfort zone for once.
As a champion he truly became GSP 2.0, taking decisioning to a whole new level (of boring).

I mean, with GSP, at least he did take people down. he jabbed.
Woodley is just neutralizing his opponents but doing a lot less action.

I don't remember GSP 2.0 doing anything like this:

082_Tyron_Woodley_vs_Stephen_Thompson.0.jpg

3A52DFAF00000578-3931102-image-a-84_1479015689679.jpg

This guy sounds like a fucking fraud boasting about his wins and his skills. He looked like he didn't belong in there against Rory. Show some humility, Tyron.

What else do you remember from the fight?

I remember Woodley nearly ended the fights on multiple occasions via TKO, but Thompson had an iron chin and heart to not give up.

What do you remember from GSP 2.0's fights?

Woodley with high fight IQ? The guy is so limited with his striking, if I remember correctly he threw like 4 overhand rights in a row at gastelum. The only reason people don't engage is because he has absurd power, it's not like this guy is using beautiful footwork like Dillishaw or Silva to mentally break fighters.

I remember Woodley nearly ended the fights on multiple occasions via TKO, but Thompson had an iron chin and heart to not give up.

You remember it wrong then.
The only actual finishing attempts came in round 4, where Woodley landed the punch mentioned by you. That's it.

Other rounds were dull, with little action and backing up by both sides

MMAart said:
What do you remember from GSP 2.0's fights?

Grab a fight and I'll tell you

You know, what I see from it that you bring up your blurry memories and feelings as a fact.
Since you're THAT dependant on feelings, and don't remember what actually happened, it's easy to see that you can also be very very biased - a lot of sherdtards shout that he's boring, and that affects your feelings and your blurry memories.

Try to rewatch the mentioned fights. Objectively, in a non-biased way
If I disagree with you, I am biased. You seem to have me trapped in a corner where my only choices are GSP is exciting or I am a biased shertard who never watched his fights.

I used to peruse sherdog for years before I started posting in 2011. One of my original threads was about boycotting GSP fights because they were so boring. 5 years and no finishes. Those are facts.

If I disagree with you, I am biased. You seem to have me trapped in a corner where my only choices are GSP is exciting or I am a biased shertard who never watched his fights.

No, that's not what I said. And you know that.

Okay, then you're both clueless and lie about watching fights.
Clueless, because you don't understand the meaning of "lay and pray" and confused it with action packed fight on a ground. Also because you think you know when the fighter is able to finish the fight.
And you lie about Fitch fight. No chance you saw it, otherwise you would not mention it with "lay and pray" in one sentense
He's also clueless with the arm bar statement. That was a kimura.

~DaViD~

Woodley fighting iq is a myth that thing doesnt exist what kind of fighting iq is throwing a leg kick and backing up to the cage and wait for an overhand right ?

And also anybody who talks shit about GSP he was way more exicting than tyquill he landed more strikes against fitch than woodley did in his last 2 fights combined and also dominated every single on of his opponents and didnt have a controversial fight in every fight of his run .

Tyron’s biggest fault is in how he presents himself. Don’t fault him at all for fighting safe to protect the title and the money that comes with it. What I don’t like is the talk like he is dominating in his fights when his more preventing his opponents from mounting an offense against him. Just be real Tyron. If he came out and said, “I am the champ and they have to take this hill, my job is to hold it. Not take it again.” I would have so much more respect for him.

Back