Woodley talking about how he analyzes opponents on JRE

re-read it. I just edited (exactly to that point).

Let me quote it, as not your fault I edited after posting :)

"I mean, with GSP, at least he did take people down. he jabbed.
Woodley is just neutralizing his opponents but doing a lot less action."

Make sense now?
Potato

re-read it. I just edited (exactly to that point).

Let me quote it, as not your fault I edited after posting :)

"I mean, with GSP, at least he did take people down. he jabbed.
Woodley is just neutralizing his opponents but doing a lot less action."

Make sense now?
Absolutely

Assuming people dont think Woodley cant be smart because he's explosive. This video disproves such a theory.

You really think GSP-Fitch, GSP-Hardy, GSP- Cos, GSP-Condit were boring?

Either you're trolling, or you lie about watching them.
Or clueless
Yes yes yes and only exciting part was Condit HK. How can you think they weren’t boring? GSP so dominated every part but refuses to try and finish. Only time he tried was an armbar vs Hardy but when Hardy got out, GSP went back to lay and pray

I find his interviews more entertaining that his fights, I genuinely enjoyed listening to his breakdown of opponents.

Yes yes yes and only exciting part was Condit HK. How can you think they weren’t boring? GSP so dominated every part but refuses to try and finish. Only time he tried was an armbar vs Hardy but when Hardy got out, GSP went back to lay and pray

Okay, then you're both clueless and lie about watching fights.
Clueless, because you don't understand the meaning of "lay and pray" and confused it with action packed fight on a ground. Also because you think you know when the fighter is able to finish the fight.
And you lie about Fitch fight. No chance you saw it, otherwise you would not mention it with "lay and pray" in one sentense

Okay, then you're both clueless and lie about watching fights.
Clueless, because you don't understand the meaning of "lay and pray" and confused it with action packed fight on a ground. Also because you think you know when the fighter is able to finish the fight.
And you lie about Fitch fight. No chance you saw it, otherwise you would not mention it with "lay and pray" in one sentense
You caught me! I lied about watching those fights. I had dreams of going to bars and falling asleep while GSP was fighting so I’m not sure if I watched them or not...

I'm sorry, but I think in Lawler fights he takes himself an unwarranted credit.
They were both in ATT for so much time, I'm sure he got a lot of inside info or actually witnessed enough of him to study his weaknesses.

Other fights - again, fighting genius does not win close decisions with minimal strike attempt.
That's not how elite fighters fight. Mighty Mouse is not like that, Dillashaw is not like that, Cormier is not like that
Woodleys not elite?

Stop it

You caught me! I lied about watching those fights. I had dreams of going to bars and falling asleep while GSP was fighting so I’m not sure if I watched them or not...

Reductio ad absurdum does not win you a debate...even though there is nothing to "win" here.
Every MMA fan with a little understanding of what is happening in the cage knows that GSP fights are far from boring, so...

Woodleys not elite?

Stop it

Ok I understand that it could be interpreted the wrong way.
What I meant is :That's not how ALL elite fighters fight.

Thanks for noticing, I'll edit the original message

Reductio ad absurdum does not win you a debate...even though there is nothing to "win" here.
Every MMA fan with a little understanding of what is happening in the cage knows that GSP fights are far from boring, so...
So you have discerned that I have little understanding of what is happening in the cage and I lied about watching hose fights.

Have you taken a moment to think that just maybe I like when I fighter takes chances to try and finish a fight before 25 minutes?

That is an alternative possibility.

Considering how everyone is on Gaethje’s nuts right now, maybe you can envision a person having a different preference in fighting style.

GSP played to not lose. He retired at 32 and chose the most precarious time to “step up” to 185 only to vacate again. I his fight style matches his fight choices and I want less fighters with that mentality. I am a just bleed drone.

If you thought GSP fights were exciting then the average mma fight probably gives you a heart attack.

Have you taken a moment to think that just maybe I like when I fighter takes chances to try and finish a fight before 25 minutes?

I simply don't believe you're capable of understanding when the fighter is able to take chances and finish the fight, and when he doesn't.

BTW had you actually watched the Fitch fight, you would've REALLY appreciate GSP , just by looking at Fitch during and after the fight.
That was a beatdown.

Back