• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Woodley speaks for the first time since losing to Covington

I think everyone could see during the Usman fight that Woodley has a foot out the door

I’ve lost all faith. One of the worst falls from grace in the last decade and it’s most likely self inflicted.

Think its a psychological thing for woodley. Somethings not right with his head and its affecting his fighting. Well either way he is almost 40 so his time was going to end soon

I actually thought he was gonna destroy Colby. I love them both, but I thought Woodley would be super motivated and have the skillset to beat Colby.

WTF WAS HE DOING.

He should cut to LW and go on a tear there.
Me too. Thought he'd find colby's chin and take him the fuck out. Oh well. I think he should retire and the ufc should use him as an analyst. That way he can still keep making money. Feel bad for the guy. Everyone hates on him but he's not even a bad guy at all. Not even in the slightest.

Woodleys cardio has never been his strong suit and he just went against Usman (cardio goat), Gilbert (Dece cardio) and Colby (cardio is his biggest strength). You could how tired Woodley was in contrast to Colby after round one by their tone of voice responding to their coaches. Woodley was gasping for air.

you people going off on his motivations and all that need to remember this is a fight game and STYLES make fights

If words "I'm never fighting again" or something similar aren't in the video then I'm not interested.

Good thing he has a rap career to fall back on..

Woodley is completely done, and has been for a while. He looked no different last night to the Usman fight, and the Burns fight. The fire has long gone, he's done.

"I low key don't got a mask on" No Tyron, not low key....you just don't have a mask on.

Everyone is thinking lack of heart and/or CTE, but has anyone considered drugs? Looks like alcoholism or illegal drug use. Bad reaction time, just staring, no motivation, etc.. Heck, even focusing on a fantasy like rap.
Yea or age.

Woodley is completely done, and has been for a while. He looked no different last night to the Usman fight, and the Burns fight. The fire has long gone, he's done.
Yep, combination of things...styles make fights and anyone with a good ground game makes TW wither. He looked great against Till knowing he had the upper hand on the mat and had 2 options....against Rory,Usman,Burns and CC he has nothing to offer but the overhand right....plain and simple.

Tyrun needs to change camps. He also needs to fight to win instead of trying to survive hoping not to lose. He needs to take more chances and try to iniate the exchanges and strike first.

I actually thought he was gonna destroy Colby. I love them both, but I thought Woodley would be super motivated and have the skillset to beat Colby.

WTF WAS HE DOING.

He should cut to LW and go on a tear there.
Colby was probably super motivated too. He lost his last fight against Usman and ran out the cage. Then he was a huge favorite against a great WW in Tyron Woodley. That dude had pressure on him too.

All I heard was "My rib, My rib. I have a boo-boo."

It was apparently a pretty serious injury.

But yeah, verbal submission due to injury was the worst way for someone with Woodley's reputation to go out. And to his greatest rival no less.

EnviousBlackandwhiteGodwit-small.gif

images

Tyron has to do the sacred ritual of the Samurai who lost their honor, he fought like a bitch.

All I heard was "My rib, My rib. I have a boo-boo."

it was embarrassing, did he consider himself a fighter?

images

images

Thiago Santos fought with one leg, nowadays any pussy thinks it's a fighter and gives up.

Rich Franklin broke his arm, and kept fighting he didn't give up like a weakling.
images

images

images

Back