• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Woodley speaks for the first time since losing to Covington

This has to be one of the most embarrassing loses ever

The guy that fought Thompson the 1st time could have won tonight. He had pretty good output that fight. He just looks more diminished every time he competes now.

I'm no Woodley hater -- I have nothing but respect for what he has been able to accomplish in his career. He hasn't had the best fanbase and has had many detractors. These last 2 losses (maybe 3?) seem to not just be a physical decline to me but also a mental one. Part of me has been so confused on his strategies/what was going through his head. Or perhaps I'm overanalyzing? In retrospect, in his wins and losses, for the most part, he seems to keep his back damn near glued to the cage. It is something he has done in so many of his fights and although I'm not the credentialed fighter competing for a belt, much less a pro fighter, it has never seemed to lend itself to much of his success if any. Congrats to Colby though -- with or without Tyron's decline, he looked good and fought a near perfect game plan. I am not a fan of the talk outside of the cage among fighters with beefs, but I get it also -- it's a business.

I actually thought he was gonna destroy Colby. I love them both, but I thought Woodley would be super motivated and have the skillset to beat Colby.

WTF WAS HE DOING.

He should cut to LW and go on a tear there.

How could you possibly think woodley had a chance to beat colby considering hownhes fights

Drop this fool from the UFC. He doesn’t even try anymore. I don’t know what he gets paid but he’s definitely not worth it.

He's likely just coasting off his big contract he got after winning the title. Probably has a couple fight left on it.

Man woodley should not be fighting. He cant get off and see openings.

they said a stat about woodley that he landed 80 strikes in his last 70 minutes in the cage. That’s unheard of. And that’s what happens with shot fighters. They never get off and see the openings but can’t pull the trigger.

Woodley is terrible now. He's like a deer stuck in headlights which says it's more mental.

He needs to fight someone in the lower top 10 next
I don’t see anything that suggests that he’s physically capable of beating quality opponents. It doesn’t just look mental.

Man woodley should not be fighting. He cant get off and see openings.

they said a stat about woodley that he landed 80 strikes in his last 70 minutes in the cage. That’s unheard of. And that’s what happens with shot fighters. They never get off and see the openings but can’t pull the trigger.

No worries. Woodley undoubtedly has a lucrative career in the music industry to fall back on when his fighting days are done. Which they are.

Geoff Neal puts him away at this point.

Do they give you heavy medicine for broken ribs?

Maybe he's heavily medicated (high) in the vid?

Woodley wants so badly to be cool.

no gsp didn’t bite at the time because woodley was winning fights and he saw bisping as the easier fights, let’s no lie to ourselves now

maybe in cartoon land little buddy ...

but woodley had some losses on his record and his lackluster performances against WonderBread ...

Bisping was winning 5 fight streak
and also won the tile ...

plus he was " bigger" MW ...

he isn't anywhere near gsp level

turn the cartoons off now

<NoneOfMy>

"He has no personality. His fights are largely awful. He has no fans."

What does personality have to do with martial arts? You don't have to have amazing fights all the time to be an Ambassador for MMA, were Bisping or Maia the most exciting? Woodley has alot of supporters and fans, all your points are subjective.

I thought he did a decent job commentating for the UFC, he has a lot of knowledge to give to other fighters, in fact he was actively involved in helping build current WW's like Colby and Usman into the great fighters they are today.

He just doesn’t tick any boxes. His race baiting alone make him a terrible representative for the UFC. He was just promoting a cause a lot of people view as a domestic terrorist movement.

We know from his PPV numbers he is absolutely not popular. He didn’t build current WWs, unless you mean taking bad losses to them, then I guess he did.

maybe in cartoon land little buddy ...

but woodley had some losses on his record and his lackluster performances against WonderBread ...

Bisping was winning 5 fight streak
and also won the tile ...

plus he was " bigger" MW ...

he isn't anywhere near gsp level

turn the cartoons off now

<NoneOfMy>

gsp would have beat woodley but gsp had absolutely no confidence in doing so

gsp would have beat woodley but gsp had absolutely no confidence in doing so

now im supposed to believe you know what gsp was thinking ?

you def need some graham crackers, apple juice, and a nap

woodley WAS and IS overated ..

Marquart , Shields , Rory, squeaked by Thompson twice and Maia

you are delusional

Back