Woodley made 600k for 228

why in the world would you take an article that specifically says:

Texas State Athletic Commission doesn’t release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official....here is the estimated pay breakdown for the 26 fighters that traded blows at the event. But please remember – this is only an estimate, not official info.

and then make a thread suggesting it as fact?

These threads are always weird.

Compared to the average working man, that’s crazy good money if you can do that 2-3 a year or more.

For a star athlete, it’s laughably bad.

You could say he’s both overpaid and underpaid and be correct in both.

why in the world would you take an article that specifically says:

Texas State Athletic Commission doesn’t release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official....here is the estimated pay breakdown for the 26 fighters that traded blows at the event. But please remember – this is only an estimate, not official info.

and then make a thread suggesting it as fact?

Because it is the best information available.

Because it is the best information available.
It is literally zero information. You are spreading false information to support some narrative that has zero backing with any facts, figures and reports. There is zero reason to report fake numbers based upon guesses some internet reporter makes off a fight purse from 14 fucking months ago...

Not bad
except Texas doesn't release this info so this is a guess based on his last fight

My guess would be he probably made about an extra tree fiddy.

It is literally zero information. You are spreading false information to support some narrative that has zero backing with any facts, figures and reports. There is zero reason to report fake numbers based upon guesses some internet reporter makes off a fight purse from 14 fucking months ago...

Woodley's fighting under the same contract he had 14 months ago genius.

Anyone else disagree with the bonus payouts.

Thought Sterling and Zabit should have gotten the performance bonuses.
Zabits sub was incredible.

I think there was just a lot to pick from I think everyone who got a bonus deserved it but the card was just incredible.

i actually went to the web page assuming i'd find the typical caveat, like this here.

Keep in mind the salaries listed above do not include fight bonuses, Reebok sponsorships, percentages and other unofficial payments. It also does not include deductions for expenses such as insurance, taxes, etc.​

so we already usually only have an officially unofficial pay.

but this is an estimate of an officially unofficial pay. i mean, come the fuck on lol

So the bout agreement for this bout is the same as 14 months ago? No one knows. No one knows if he has escalation pay or anything. Hell the UFC changes people pay all the time and increases it from the contractual rate for specific bouts. That is why every title fight now has a minimum of 100k regardless of what the fighters contracted pay is. Contractual pay is the absolute minimum you get but each bout agreement has its own pay scale which does not have to be the same as the contract. Reporting information that has zero verification and ability to prove its correct is shitty and stupid.

These threads are always weird.

Compared to the average working man, that’s crazy good money if you can do that 2-3 a year or more.

For a star athlete, it’s laughably bad.

You could say he’s both overpaid and underpaid and be correct in both.

Except hes not a star

If you dont watch MMA you have no idea who Woodley is and his PPVs sell like shit.

It should be yellow cards every time one of these threads gets made without saying its a guesstimate.

Texas State Athletic Commission doesn’t release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

Except hes not a star

If you dont watch MMA you have no idea who Woodley is and his PPVs sell like shit.

I get the Woodley hate. I do. I’m not his biggest fan.

But he’s a star in the UFC. He’s the champion that’s defended several times.

Plus I think we both know I was talking about him being a star in mma circles.

Do we know if the has PPV points in his contract? If he did, he would probably get a couple hundred grand more.

He's the dominant champion, and gets 600k? Eesh. Should be making at least a mil as champion pay.

It should be yellow cards every time one of these threads gets made without saying its a guesstimate.

Texas State Athletic Commission doesn’t release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.
i said as much, and a few others actually defended TS lol

Back