Woodley made 600k for 228

Shit my man twood takes what ever money he can get for merking people in the octagon. His real money be Rollin in with the bangers hes about to drop. Shit Will be fire.

No. It’s where you earn the money.
How defined is something like that? If I open a digital trading account, linked to an address in another state, I don't have to declare those earnings on my CA state taxes? Or is that just related to goods and services sold?

dj broke title defense record and was barley getting 300k

dana shoulda broke out the wallet for everyone who delivered

They gave out quite a few Bonuses.

Also do we know when Tyron last negotiated his contact?

Shit my man twood takes what ever money he can get for merking people in the octagon. His real money be Rollin in with the bangers hes about to drop. Shit Will be fire.
Collabs with the likes of 21 savage, Migos and Kendrick coming soon<{RoseRun}>

They gave out quite a few Bonuses.

Also do we know when Tyron last negotiated his contact?

Thats good to hear, i only saw the top 3 they paid out i guess. Not too sure but i imagine he renegotiated when he won the belt, i imagine he's takin dana back to the bargaining table after that fight tho.

How defined is something like that? If I open a digital trading account, linked to an address in another state, I don't have to declare those earnings on my CA state taxes? Or is that just related to goods and services sold?
I’m no expert on the matter. I just remember Floyd Mayweather saying he wouldn’t fight in new York for that reason

600k for 9 minutes of work, not bad Tyron. Too bad your boss is an actual child.
What about the months of training, paying for your camp, manager etc. You soon find you ain’t left with as much as you thought. To you or I this is a lot granted but we do normal jobs. To an athlete, specifically a champion, this is peanuts.

is he a star athlete though? MMA is not exactly a global phenomenon

if he stays active and keeps winning he is gonna make like 5-6 million or something in his career? that is more than enough to retire and live a good life.

isnt that good enough? does every pro athlete enough money to live in overwhelming luxury for the next 50 years after playing sports for a few years?

He’s the champion, so yes in some ways a star.

And that’s exactly my first point. Compared to regular guys he’s making a killing. Can’t complain.

But compared to other sports athletes he’s not making that much. That’s my other point.

As a Dutchman myself, I don't hate Overeem of course. But this is crazy. How can he make more money than a champ that defends the title for like...what is it, the 6th time?

4th defence unless you don't count the draw, then it's 3. What defines how much they make to the UFC is their star power and what they generate in revenue, specifically PPV buys. Woodley barely makes 300K when he headlines, as opposed to Overeem, who averages slightly higher as a non-champ.

While Overeem made 980K last fight..
As the saying goes..
dutch.jpg

I thought the base pay for Champs was about 500k? I could be wrong maybe that's just what several where contracted. But I do remember seeing 500k in several payouts over the last couple of years.

4th defence unless you don't count the draw, then it's 3. What defines how much they make to the UFC is their star power and what they generate in revenue, specifically PPV buys. Woodley barely makes 300K when he headlines, as opposed to Overeem, who averages slightly higher as a non-champ.

I didn't really followed Woodley that much. So I didn't knew. Was just a guess.

Anyway, the reasons you gave as to why one makes more money than the other is stupid imo. Maybe it works that way, but its pretty unfair. I think all fighters should make the same amount of money for a win, loss or draw. Champions defending should get more and a challenger that defeats a champion likewise. Bonuses for the fight of the night/KO of the night/Sub of the night is great as well. But it is stupid to pay fighters depending on how much PPV they sell since cards are not always that stacked. Look at the cards where Woodley is the main event for example, he is headlining cards where the other fighters are not that big of a draw. Fighters should be respected and rewarded evenly because they are all doing the same job after all.

Back