Media Woodley also thinks he can beat a 6'8" 355 lb A-level NFL lineman in a street fight

This is classic sherdog that a post on this stupid topic gets twelve pages of responses

The guy Huerta KOd was 125 lbs lighter and 9 inches shorter than the one with Woodley in the video, think about how crazy that is. They are not a good comparison, especially given that the larger man in this case is also more athletic than the one Huerta fought.

Aye he was smaller and that, probably why it only took Heurta 1 second to finish the fight, how much bigger and better would they have to be to last say 30 seconds?

For instance i reckon Demian Maia would destroy the guy, he just doesn't know what to do, the NFL guy has no idea what the best practices in a fight are and would gas himself so quick.

What’s the controversy here? Woodley would destroy him.

Roger Huerta destroyed a linebacker. I have no doubt Woodley could KO a football player

he would, what´s the surprise? he´s a hight level athlete trained to give and take punishment, the other is just a big guy

KAq9akS.gif
Goat contender gif

Have you actually seen street fights? People wind up grappling almost immediately. That's why you even brought up the 150lb difference. You throw a few punches and then you're within rang to be grabbed.

Good point, but I have honestly seen a 50-50 on those, and often times it becomes a grappling match when one of the guys doesn't really want to fight and just wants to instinctively buy some time when he can't run away.

Any, I take back most of my argument because another sherdogger explained it really well.

I wonder if people have changed their minds on this given the new information we've seen with Brian Shaw toying with Dustin Poirier.

Shaw is big but he's an F- level athlete compared to elite NFL linemen.

I'm no fan of Woodley but he'd make it easy work.

I wonder if people have changed their minds on this given the new information we've seen with Brian Shaw toying with Dustin Poirier.

Brian Shaw weighs 440lbs. Thats an extra 85lbs from what was mentioned.

Untrained probably. Professionally trained? BWAHAHAHHAHAHA

Hmm. Tough. If it's in a bathroom I think the lineman roughs him up. On the actual street I'd give it to wood.

I actually had to put down an angry NFL lineman who had been drinking heavily in a bar in Tijuana back in the day. He was getting a little too touchy feely with some women against their will and the owners tried to kick him out. The problem is that the bouncers over there are all 5'8 and this guy was 6'5 350 lbs.

I stepped up to the plate and he lunged for me immediately. But I confused him with the footwork preceding one of my patented shaolin shototen skip kicks, which subsequently landed directly on his temple and put him out cold.

I was rewarded with plenty of cerveza and loose women by the bar owner. The football player I heard was taken to a Mexican prison where he rotted until someone got him out with a $2k bribe.

How is Woodley supposed to lose a fight to a random NFL guy? How would the guys at or near his size be able to overcome the enormous skill gap? He is on their level with athleticism, speed and strength most likely, they literally have no edge. And the big boys like, LB, OL and DL are getting leg locked all day right? If someone flails and connects by chance, he is of course going to lose, other than that it's the MMA world champion all day.

Lol what? How many times did he win WSM and the other strongman events, he is literally a world class athlete in is particular sport. F- versions are the guys doing the scaled events at their local gyms.

Lolwut. Woodley would easy someone with no experience. He was a world champion. Wtf are you talking about lmao

This is going to get buried in the comments, but I had a fraternity brother at university tennessee knoxville that was about 5'9 170 pounds layout a 6'5 330 pound backup guard on the football team in 2013. Now he did grab a lighter with his fist before hitting the guy but dudes nose was crooked way off to the side and he walked his ass home with a broken nose. Size does not mean you can fight for shit. Some athletic big dudes throw a baseball/football like a girl, same with punches. Some just never thought about the technique and never practiced. Being big and playing a contact sport doesn't mean anything. But a dude playing defensive end like tamba halo training bjj with the gracies would destroy twood.

Back