Wonderboy vs Machida in his prime. Who takes it and how ?

Who wins in their prime?

• Total voters
Machida is much better striker than Wonderboy.

The hype is just fucking ridiculous right now.

2aflrop_jpg_medium.gif

1PRSc68.gif

machida.gif

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_8.gif

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_3.gif

Machida_bjpenn.gif

Last edited:
Neither guy would throw the first strike. It would be a boring fight with 2 guys backpedaling.

Machida via piss fueled Katate prowess that make LW Wonderboy look like just a boy.

Even if you wrongly assume the stand-up would be even, Machida is a much larger/stronger man in any clinch/grappling situation. Machida wins this wherever it goes.

Machida with size. He's more proven as well. Come on guys. Wonderboy is a pleasure to watch and has potential, but he doesn't have Machida's resume. Show some respect.

Neither. They wouldn't get within 10 feet of one another

Wonderboy is a better striker than Lyoto ever was, specially offensively and hes better on defense, actually moves his head in the pocket.

But Lyotos size might see him get a very close decision. Hed have an advantage in the clinch but in the standup hed lose on points.

Itd be a boring fight tho. Two counter fighters fighting never turns out exciting.

Machida is bigger than Wonderboy...would be interesting to have seen it though. Probably a boring fight though, as others have mentioned due to their styles.

Honestly, this is a match-up that couldn't be analyzed within a few sentences or paragraphs.

Each has advantages in which the other does not, but with similar styles.

Lyoto's experience in sumo gives him the edge in this fight.

Brock Lesnar vs Gsp in a boxing match who would win? nobody knows nobody care

Wonderboy is a better striker than Lyoto ever was, specially offensively and hes better on defense, actually moves his head in the pocket.

But Lyotos size might see him get a very close decision. Hed have an advantage in the clinch but in the standup hed lose on points.

Itd be a boring fight tho. Two counter fighters fighting never turns out exciting.
LoL just LoL

I think if Machida decided to work for trips, that he's tricky enough to get him down. He was able to control much stronger guys than Wonderboy on top, so I assume he'd keep it there.

I'd favor Wonderboy. But I don't know. I'd need to read some striking experts' analyses of this one, and put my faith in them.

Wonderboy wins the karate match or any kickboxing match.

Machida would crush.

Back