Wonderboy vs diaz

MonopolyKing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its a perfect setup because woodley and lawler will fight next. If wonderboy beats diaz, thats who deservrs it. If diaz wins, awesome rematch for the champs ko loss.

Diaz only takes super fights. Didn't you know that.

Diaz hasn't come close to earning a fight with Wonderboy. Simple as that.

i see no reason whatsoever that woodley should get a shot over wonderboy

iBo7xavPOn4xp.gif

giphy.gif

i6dr8i.jpg

The kicks would be too lopsided. Nick's kicks are once in ever.

why should woodley get a title shot?
in his last 3 fights:
he got completely shut out against rory.
had a nice tko against stun gun, then barely squeeked a split decision against gastellum.

wonderboy completely dusting hendricks in 3 minutes and in combination with his last KO against ellenburger trumps that.

Wonderboy beats Nick
Wonderboy beats Lawler
Nick beats Lawler

It would be like Diaz vs. Condit...but with KO by Wonderboy...

Jeez sorry... I just heard he was promised the next shot. And IF that is the case. Diaz and wonderboy woyld be a decent money fight. And then if diaz and lawler both win and rematch its a total money fight..... As long as conor says its ok

Why?Wonderboy deserves a better opponent.

Diaz is a step down.

Styles makes fights.
It's not like he forgot how to fight.

Exactly what in Nick style makes you think he can even compete with someone like Thompson?

Nick has never defeated a top 5 WW, all his good wins are against LW's, people with awful cardio or both.

Its a perfect setup because woodley and lawler will fight next. If wonderboy beats diaz, thats who deservrs it. If diaz wins, awesome rematch for the champs ko loss.

Thompson by systematic destruction. Diaz would get outclassed on the feet again. Just like his last fight.

Nick would probably get lit up. I'd give him more of a chance if he wasn't so stubborn and actually tried to utilize his high level BJJ though

Maybe Diaz needs to beat a Top 10 WW before anyone talks about him moving up the ladder. When in his career has he ever done that?

Have him fight someone around #12. if he wins that, someone around #8. Get through that, and #4 or #5 next, then maybe a fight to determine the contender. So a good 4 wins, working his way up, before he gets to sniff the title.

Shertard stoners will argue against this, since he could never get a shot if he actually had to earn it.

Back