Wonderboy should of given MW a shot a while ago

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
I really think it could've gone well for him. Probably not grabbing gold but he doesn't really have many favorable matchups at WW and it's been like that for a while. MW is full of strikers and a couple wrestlers. I think he could've gotten some really fun, favorable matchups (Rob and Till rematches, Vetorri, Costa) and who knows, maybe even gotten a shot at Izzy when he was champ. He has the frame for it as well. I honestly think he should've thrown himself into the mix at MW around the time Izzy won the title . All he had to do was avoid Brunson lol

Am I way off and missing something here? I've thought this for a couple years now BTW and made a thread at one point I believe but y'all killed me for it lol

Idk man, he's already looking skinny fat at WW and he's not hurting dudes there either. If any of the grapplers like Jack or Roman got ahold of him, I think they'd break him in half.

I think Rob takes him in the rematch too, he's looked great after lacing up his boxing boots. Idk I think he's just old dude. His best years are behind him. Wish he would've crossed over earlier. I mean he was champ material, he arguably beat Woodley twice.

Am I way off and missing something here? I've thought this for a couple years now BTW and made a thread at one point I believe but y'all killed me for it lol
Wonderboy struggles with WW wrestlers. If they matched him against MW wrestlers he would be overmatched. Him moving to MW would be dependent upon the UFC basically agreeing to only put him against strikers like Adesanya or maybe a rematch against Whittaker. Obviously Wonderboy against MW strikers could be incredible fights but the UFC has the final say.

He's not even that big of a guy for 170. Guys usually move up as they get older and cutting weight becomes harder to do and takes a bigger toll on the body, yet he still makes 170 comfortably at almost 40.

It would be silly to have him go up and fight some of the giants at 185. Can you even imagine Poatan vs Wonderboy, the size difference would be ridiculous. Poatan is taller than Stipe and almost as thick.

His chin isn’t built for MW.

Guys like Woodley, Till, and Pettis are dropping him like a sack of potatoes… imagine what guys like Poatan would do.

I really think it could've gone well for him. Probably not grabbing gold but he doesn't really have many favorable matchups at WW and it's been like that for a while. MW is full of strikers and a couple wrestlers. I think he could've gotten some really fun, favorable matchups (Rob and Till rematches, Vetorri, Costa) and who knows, maybe even gotten a shot at Izzy when he was champ. He has the frame for it as well. I honestly think he should've thrown himself into the mix at MW around the time Izzy won the title . All he had to do was avoid Brunson lol

No way.
Hes already undersized by a lot of 170s

Idk man, he's already looking skinny fat at WW and he's not hurting dudes there either. If any of the grapplers like Jack or Roman got ahold of him, I think they'd break him in half.

I think Rob takes him in the rematch too, he's looked great after lacing up his boxing boots. Idk I think he's just old dude. His best years are behind him. Wish he would've crossed over earlier. I mean he was champ material, he arguably beat Woodley twice.

Wonderboy struggles with WW wrestlers. If they matched him against MW wrestlers he would be overmatched. Him moving to MW would be dependent upon the UFC basically agreeing to only put him against strikers like Adesanya or maybe a rematch against Whittaker. Obviously Wonderboy against MW strikers could be incredible fights but the UFC has the final say.

He's not even that big of a guy for 170. Guys usually move up as they get older and cutting weight becomes harder to do and takes a bigger toll on the body, yet he still makes 170 comfortably at almost 40.

It would be silly to have him go up and fight some of the giants at 185. Can you even imagine Poatan vs Wonderboy, the size difference would be ridiculous. Poatan is taller than Stipe and almost as thick.

LOL, what? He said a long time ago that Weidman toyed with him when they trained together. He's not close to strong enough for MW.

His chin isn’t built for MW.

Guys like Woodley, Till, and Pettis are dropping him like a sack of potatoes… imagine what guys like Poatan would do.

If Rob and Till can fight at MW, so can he. Shit even Holland has fought at MW . WB can too... Also, there's less wrestlers at MW than WW so he can avoid the grapplers and only fight strikers. You guys are acting like there isn't more horrible wrestling matchups at WW than MW. At both weight classes the objective is the same now - avoid those matchups. Difference is, there is less of those guys at MW, especially at the top of the heap.

He's too small for 185lbs. I remember hearing him sayign he had to bulk up just to not be undersized at WW.

If Rob and Till can fight at MW, so can he. Shit even Holland has fought at MW . WB can too... Also, there's less wrestlers at MW than WW so he can avoid the grapplers and only fight strikers. You guys are acting like there isn't more horrible wrestling matchups at WW than MW. At both weight classes the objective is the same now - avoid those matchups. Difference is, there is less of those guys at MW, especially at the top of the heap.

Whittaker and Till probably have 20lbs of functional weight on Wonderboy at this point. They're very clearly much bigger guys. And Till hasn't exactly been making waves at MW, so that's a bad example.

Whittaker and Till probably have 20lbs on Wonderboy at this point. They're very clearly much bigger guys.
So does Holland. If they're not gonna grapple with him I don't think it matters too much honestly.

So does Holland. If they're not gonna grapple with him I don't think it matters too much honestly.

holland does not have 20lbs on wonderboy. Holland is a stick who notoriously had next to no weight cut at MW, hence why he was fighting every other week up at mw and he has no problem making Welter weight. you've been saying for years now that wonderboy should go to MW. I know because I've seen you make this thread multiple times. He is just too small and he's actually getting smaller as he ages and loses muscle.

There's plenty of strikers his own size that he can face. He doesn't need to go up to MW and fight bigger strikers.

useless waste of time with guys like Brunson and Vettori as gatekeeper.

Wonderboy would be in a worse position at 185 because he would be facing guys with way more power than Pettis

I think his speed could be a factor but who knows if his power translates up? He does have that Whittaker win in his back pocket though

Wut?! More like he should have dipped his toes in 155 a long time ago. Honestly he looks like he could make 155 fairly comfortably.

Should “have” would be the correct use of grammar - you should probably read and write more consistently

But Wonderboy is not as big as either Rob or Holland.

Holland was much taller and longer than Wonderboy in there and you could see it. Whittaker is very stocky and has gained a lot of muscle since he was a welterweight. He is built like a tank honestly. Thompson is not big enough.

Back