Wonderboy needs to teach weidman how to kick

MrFeeny

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
it's even more alarming what a joke of a spinning kick that was considering he trains with probably the best striker in mma.

come on chris

lol that's true.

Weidman has some of the worst kicks for a champion (former).

Goldie: Ronda-esque in his kicking ability Joe.

Every other week there's a new "best striker in all of MMA."

I'm not sure the UFC needs to keep employing Rogan anymore. You guys have already been taught what to say.

That's not something you just learn in a few years, that's something he's learned since he was 3 years old and its built into his muscle memory now. I love Weidman but he will never have that sort of striking, ever.

Every other week there's a new "best striker in all of MMA."

I'm not sure the UFC needs to keep employing Rogan anymore. You guys have already been taught what to say.

I'm been high on wonderboy since the cote fight. i just knew hendicks was legit and should be champ and would probably lnp is way to a victory.

after this destruction, i truely think he is leaps and bounds above everyone in the division on the feet at least, and it's not even close

I don't think Weidman's body has the fluidity to throw those type of kicks. Some people just have more rigid bodies than others. You can even see it when Weidman throws punches. They aren't very fluid. You could teach Weidman to technically throw those kicks perfectly and they still wouldn't be anywhere near the explosive kicks Wonderboy throws.

You gotta grow up with that shit... tough to teach to anyone, let alone a 30something year-old man.

Weidman should never throw another kick again. He needs to stick to what works best for him - wrestling with just a little boxing.

Lebron should teach me how to dunk, and Jay Z should teach me how to dougie.

That's not something you just learn in a few years, that's something he's learned since he was 3 years old and its built into his muscle memory now. I love Weidman but he will never have that sort of striking, ever.
false. i never knew how to kick within a year my left leg is my strongest weapon.

Whoa whoa whoa. Compliments to you sir.
not trying to be a badass. im just saying with proper training a simple kick like that is learn-able. obviously he wont be doing flashy pettis kicks but strong basic kicks.

Chris Weidman shouldn't be throwing spinning kicks.

Spinning kicks like Thompson's aren't learned over night. Weidman isn't a natural kicker. He would need to practice that for hours to get the technique right. And hours on top of that to learn how to time it. It's not an easy kick to pick up and use. This isn't the UFC video game. Wonderboy is good with hit because he's been doing it for more than a decade.

not trying to be a badass. im just saying with proper training a simple kick like that is learn-able. obviously he wont be doing flashy pettis kicks but strong basic kicks.

Of course its learnable, that's not the issue. The issue is using it in a cage fight and throwing it PERFECTLY to get full leverage and know exactly when to throw it so you don't get countered. His movement is also insane. There's a reason why he's as unique as he is. You can't learn that in a year or else everyone would doing it.

I dont think Chris has the agility to be a great kicker.

To be fair, I thought Weidman's leg and body kicks looked a lot better, but obviously he goofed with the spinning kick. Also, I'm pretty sure wonderboy spin kicked out of his mom's vagina; he's been doing it for that long.

When will people understand that just because you train with somebody that's good at something, it doesn't magically level you up to be good at it as well. I mean, wtf?

Of course its learnable, that's not the issue. The issue is using it in a cage fight and throwing it PERFECTLY to get full leverage and know exactly when to throw it so you don't get countered. His movement is also insane. There's a reason why he's as unique as he is. You can't learn that in a year or else everyone would doing it.
its totally possible. especially for full time fighters like weidman. its the flying kicks that are more advance and not practical. place rear leg in front of lead leg. as soon as you place the rear leg in front your lead, bring in the lead leg, and load it up...extend lead lead straight ahead. bam! thats it.

its totally possible. especially for full time fighters like weidman. its the flying kicks that are more advance and not practical. place rear leg in front of lead leg. as soon as you place the rear leg in front your lead, bring in the lead leg, and load it up...extend lead lead straight ahead. bam! thats it.

You're crazy if you think you can learn Wonderboys striking and movement in a year+ like its fucking tae bo. If Wonderboy showed you a kick you can probably get a really good grasp on it in a year or so but that has no bearing on whether you can actually use it in competition with a game plan against the top 5 of the UFC with butterflies and everything else. I can sit outside my house with rollerblades shooting pucks hitting the corner of the net sniping the fuck out of it but I would suck in any sort of competitive environment.

Back