Wonderboy is the LEGIT verison of Sage, but receives no hype...

What do you mean by "legit version of Sage"? Teenager prospect with bodybuilder figure?

Wonderboy was much more experienced in mma and combat fighting when he debuted. Also lost his second fight. Sage is a beginner.

Brah, GTFOH. Sage is not a beginner. UFC is for the cream of the crop. The best of the best.
UFC is not looking for noobs and maybe's, they're looking for the fighters that are foaming at the mouth for a title shot.
Have you seen Sage's front flip? The man is a freak of nature. He was fighting Strep, and had a bad night.

Some people are trying to diminish Bam Bam's accomplishment of demolishing a talented freak fighter.

#BamBambless

LOL @ Verision

Other than that, spot on TS. Dude has legit

giphy.gif

are we all forgetting when wonderboy got destroyed by matt brown, id say he even looked worse than sage did in his loss...

obviously wonderboy has gotten better since then, but if we write sage off from one loss, then wonderboy is already "overhyped" for all eternity i guess

You are right I've been a fan since pride days of mma but genuinely had zero idea who wonderboy was till this week. I suspect a lot of people were in similar situation

he was hyped to infinity when he first came in the UFC because he came in with a karate background, sick KO and trained with GSP

then matt brown absolutely obliterated him, standing and on the ground. then everyone said he was "overhyped". but its been awhile and now everyones forgotten. so they use him as an example of what "sage was supposed to be"

-karate background
-does cool flips
-highlight KO in his first fight
-lost badly and got everyone talking shit

20120421_kdl_sa2_186_extra_large.jpg

OR maybe Sage is the legit version of a 19 year old Stephen Thompson. Think about it...

That's a disrespectful comparison for Wonderboy.

are you completely forgetting when wonderboy was exposed as having 0 cardio or ground game, and got destroyed?

hes obviously much better now and a top contender, but he was in the exact same spot that sage is in now

Wonderboy is shit. Let me know when he gets his gymnastics on point and maybe I'll check out a fight or two.

am i seriously the only person who remembers when thompson first came to the ufc. he did his own "KO an absolute can then do a cool flippy thing" in his debut...
Steven+Thompson+Ninja+Flip+Victory+Celebration+UFC+143.gif

am i seriously the only person who remembers when thompson first came to the ufc. he did his own "KO an absolute can then do a cool flippy thing" in his debut...
Steven+Thompson+Ninja+Flip+Victory+Celebration+UFC+143.gif

Okay. Gymnastics demonstration is acceptable. I'm ready to rank him in the top ten and buy his PPVs.

When did Sage get any help from a 'marketing team'?

Sherdoggers imagine shit. No one hyped Sage. He showed up in an internet show Dana did and a bunch of fight fans grabbed onto him as a guy to love or hate or just troll around with.

You'd think Zuffa was buying Superbowl adspace for Sage and throwing him up on the Times Square Jumbotron the way Sherdoggers talk.
This, as soon Sage showed up on "Looking for a fight" Sherdog forums exploded with Sage threads. Randy brown came from the same show and no one really talks about him.

UFC has been pushing for Wonderboy. He was the main event for The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Finale. Was going to be co main event for Cain vs Werdum. What else you want them to do?

he was hyped to infinity when he first came in the UFC because he came in with a karate background, sick KO and trained with GSP

then matt brown absolutely obliterated him, standing and on the ground. then everyone said he was "overhyped". but its been awhile and now everyones forgotten. so they use him as an example of what "sage was supposed to be"

-karate background
-does cool flips
-highlight KO in his first fight
-lost badly and got everyone talking shit

20120421_kdl_sa2_186_extra_large.jpg

No big deal having 1 loss on your record. Brown was also a much more experienced fighter at the time.
Thompson has racked up some very good wins...I think some of the Hype is deserved.

Wonderboy got A LOT of hype when he signed and after his first KO. It vanished when he lost to Matt Brown.

Now he quietly made his way to the top.

But you're new AND a shit poster, it's understandable.

He has the nickname wonder boy and you say he has no hype lol

actually, he got no love before this last win, now lots of people are on his nuts - just like what always happens - someone wins and he gains fans - would be great if you had said this before he won the fight with hendricks, but that wouldn't make sense

The hype train is starting to roll...

Choo! Choo!

The guys saying Wonderboy reminds him of GSP is .. just because GSP walked into the octagon looking like Karate kid? GSP looks nothing like WOnderboy.

Back