Wonderboy is the LEGIT verison of Sage, but receives no hype...

I just think the UFC marketing have become lazy. They invest WAY too much in social media, internet traffic, twitter followers etc. There forgeting to create there own stars and letting children on social media dictate who gets the spotlight.

Maybe all his new fans should start hyping him?

He's getting some well deserved hype now bro, and believe me alot of people will be tuning into his next fight.

Rigth now the wonderboy wpulf murk sage but wonderboy is peaking at 33yo and sage is a teenager who is just starting out at 19yo

He gets plenty of hype from people who actually know jack shit about MMA and striking.

Both have father's in their life, white kids are made fun of that today...as you see per sage, just out of high school and people pick on him??

90% of hype is created by the fans, not the promotion.

90% of hype is created by the fans, not the promotion.
Untrue, if you see his salary, them making this pre-flight preparation documentary thingy, find a fighter on the local circuit thingy and the fact that he was on the main event already says it all. If he would've won the last fight he would co-main or main a FN for sure. Not to mention the hand picked opponents.

Of course fans will take it from there.

Where is the marketing teams head at...

Even Conor has to call them out to get it right....

In the United States and in its companies the norm in the show business ( and many other industries as well) is that you have to be a disrespectful douchebag or have a cheesy look and fake personality to get noticed and get support. Look at Conor Mcdouchebag, Chael Sonnen, Anderson Silva, Bj Penn and all the other trash talkers and obnoxious mofos. If you are quiet , humble, respectful and well mannered no matter how good you are or in this case, no matter how good you are at kicking ass you are gonna be ignored as much as they can make it happen. The wonderboys and Fedors of the world even get hate sometimes for been respectful and quiet. Gringos man...decadent society.

I dont even count them in the same universe. Wonderboy is an elite level proven fighter who should be given a title shot right now. If you thought sage was that before he lost,well....

Untrue, if you see his salary, them making this pre-flight preparation documentary thingy, find a fighter on the local circuit thingy and the fact that he was on the main event already says it all. If he would've won the last fight he would co-main or main a FN for sure. Not to mention the hand picked opponents.

Of course fans will take it from there.

Dude take a second to read the kind of shit people are posting about him, that's the 90% I'm talking about. Yes Dana and the UFC do promote fighters, but it's not nearly as effectI've as the hype generated when the masses latch onto someone

Sounds like you are fixated the kids age.

I don't think the hype was around sage being 19 until AFTER the loss.

What built his hype, was his flashiness, and "Martial arts." More what he did OUTSIDE of the cage.

Wonderboy, does what Sage does outside of the cage, IN the cage, to his opponents.

I agree with most of your post, but his age was definitely a big part of his hype. Surely they wanted to groom him as a young phenom, probably hoping he'd eventually earn a title shot by 21. If his age weren't part of his push, then really what separates him from a Stephen Thompson?

Sage is a former actor and way to hype up Dana Whites new show "looking for the fight". Meanwhile Wonderboy came the old fashioned way and beat good guys like Cote, Ellenberger and Hendricks. The problem is he did it by showcasing his fighting skills instead moving out of the box and hyping himself up. So the hype is with those who did watch the fights and while Hendricks is a world class fighter, casuals cant really understand it.

I honestly do think the legendary "hype machine" could be doing a bit better job then given credit for. Now the interest of the people is up to fighters and creating bit of fake personalities.

I appreciate there being little hype behind Stephen up to this point. His fans are going to come simple due to his talent as a fighter. You're not likely to see too many threads related to his personal life popping up here.

Back