Wonderboy ain't all that karate

kickboxing would be more similar to karate than Thompson's style would be and hell that shit looks much similar to Taekwondo ITF than Karate, so unless someone wants to start arguing that Taekwondo fighters can start representing Karate as well, I don't know if we should be quick to associating Thompson with ANY kind of Karate,

Not sure if you know this, but ITF TKD is an offshoot of Japanese karate. Even many of the katas are the same.

Go research the history.

Thing is at the end of the day, Thompson's style is pretty much the style you see in those wierd american kickboxing things that they put which Raymond Daniels and that other black guy from Bellator succesfully competed in, I think
Michael Page?

[yt]

so this is how Stephen Thomson fights

You know nothing of which you talk about, even stated in your first post. I come from a TKD background and have often preferred this stance because of it's options. It's not the only stance, but it is one that is learned. Still going to question me?

yeah TKD

what, you black belt in karate now?

I said I don't know much, I didn't say I know less than you do

You learn a side stance in karate, sorry to bust your bubble.

[yt]

shotokan karate which led to many offshoot variation such as Kyokushin karates and etc and probably taekwondo

Having been good friends with a few JKA Shotokan-ers my whole life I have to say that I agree with TS.

[yt]

Kyokushin Karate in which GSP is the third degree black belt

Having been good friends with a few JKA Shotokan-ers my whole life I have to say that I agree with TS.

Thanks, bunch of blind people in this thread stick together like some dried horseshit

[yt]

ITF Taekwondo which I think anthony Pettis is a third degree black belt in, and which I think most closely resembles Stephen Thompson's style out of traditional martial arts, not some american melting pot exercise

YatzXljQOm57WaxzWUA6_Stairs%20Just%20Wrong.gif

holy shit! what was the fucking goal here?????????? and the 2 people just stand on the stairs there! ZERO response.

TS - you admit to not knowing much about karate so...why should we listen to you? Just saying.

Shotokan is one of many styles of karate. JKA Shotokan is an even more specific designator.

I quit reading at "I like karate a lot. I don't practice it, and I don't know too much about it perhaps."

It's quite obvious that he's not a pure karate fighter and has adapted his game to the game of MMA...not point fighting.

You make a thread about something you are obviously not familiar with and then insult the people that respond. Well done, TS.

It's effective. That's all I care. You have to adapt in MMA or you get you ass kicked. Put any Karate practicioner better in Karate than Wonderboy in cage and Hendricks grinds them againt the fence all night long.

Movement in MMA is much different than in any other combat sport, because you have to take takedowns into the account. You just can't have a rhythm similar to some TMAs, because one can time his double legs much easier when he gets used to your rhythm.

lol....
only one man used perfect Karate in a fight I guess
Ws38Mm0.gif

gT078lq.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back