Wonderboy ain't all that karate

[yt]

ITF Taekwondo which I think anthony Pettis is a third degree black belt in, and which I think most closely resembles Stephen Thompson's style out of traditional martial arts, not some american melting pot exercise

Anthony Pettis did ATA Taekwondo, not ITF.

Thompson does Kempo and competed in the same circuit as Sage Northcutt, Dustin Scoggins, and Michael Paige. It is an American-style Karate circuit (NBL-style) rather than the traditional JKA circuit of Machida or the WKF of Gunnar and Kyoji.

It isn't hard to research this all, read a fucking bio, man.

You make a thread about something you are obviously not familiar with and then insult the people that respond. Well done, TS.

I said I don't know much about it, not that I know less than some folks on sherdog who likely know as much about it as they do about the secrets of the universe though they may feel like they know a bout anything and everything

Tards do stick together. I mean Mustards

YatzXljQOm57WaxzWUA6_Stairs%20Just%20Wrong.gif
This is your best one yet, holy balls that looked like it hurt. Huge fail. Papy Abedi in the UFC level fail.

Pretty apt for the content of the OP.

Thompson does Kempo and competed in the same circuit as Sage Northcutt, Dustin Scoggins, and Michael Paige. It is an American-style Karate circuit (NBL-style) rather than the traditional JKA circuit of Machida or the WKF of Gunnar and Kyoji.

Kinda like Americanized shitty fastfoods that's based on real ethnic foods from other countries.

It is karate. Dude admits never practiced or knows much about it, and says it isn't? Sherdog surprises me every single day.

sorry not a nerd and have all the time in the world to look up little facts online that's not very relevant to the discussion and act like you proved something

American kickboxing brah.

Kinda like Americanized shitty fastfoods that's based on real ethnic foods from other countries.

That Americanized shitty fastfood just earned a title shot. What have you done besides polished off two big macs and made a shitty troll post on Sherdog?

I said I don't know much about it, not that I know less than some folks on sherdog who likely know as much about it as they do about the secrets of the universe though they may feel like they know a bout anything and everything

Tards do stick together. I mean Mustards
The thread was a good one and you're not completely incorrect. But the techniques that Wonderboy uses are taught in karate as well. I'm not trying to be a know it all, you just came across a little terse.

That Americanized shitty fastfood just earned a title shot. What have you done besides polished off two big macs and made a shitty troll post on Sherdog?

oh oh rednecks do love to resort to personal attacks when they got nothing better to stay, here's you two big macs and shove it right up where it came from. Thanks

Flippy floppy though, TS?

Sigh ..

Just for me to understand. The guy that doesn't train Karate tells the guy who, has been doing it all his life and has had great success and who teaches it that he is not really doing Karate.. Only on Sherdog.

Listen, I said I don't know much about it nor practice because it's true.

But, I've been a big fan of the arts for a while, and chances are, I don't know about it any less than someone on this thread.

I was under the impression that Pettis competed in ITF because it was most similar to the video that showed the style of Taekwondo competition Pettis participated in but like I said, Thompson's style is more similar to that than Karate.

You could look up many karate style competition online but I doubt you will find a similar fighting stance and style, unless you go to ITF taekwondo or americanized kickboxing that wierd pointing fighting style.

Apparently Wonderboy did practice in Karate, but just like just because someone practiced in 'taekwondo' somewhere in northamerica it doesn't mean he really practiced in it true way that sticks to the core principle and styles, it holds true here.

Karate fighting style in competition did change over time, if you compare some stuff from now and back then in 70's and stuff.

There maybe exist more than handful of different style of karate that diverged a while back, but there aren't many that I can think of that promotes the physical sparring and regulates the world class competition. Three main ones that I can think of are shotokan, kyokushin and contact karates, none of which exhibits similar style of fighting as Thompson does.

Thompson relies more on his lead leg to kick and sort of uses the explosive motion of blitzing with combination forward while having pronounced side stance and bit staggered. This in my opinion, is what you see in ITF taekwondo. Of course in shotokan you also see that combination with explosive attacks, but I don't think it's the same. Or something like American kickboxing that RDA and MP competes in

I don't really give a fuck at the end, I'm not trying to change the world here, but I just really don't think it represents it well, because it just doesn't.

angry-say-what-again-l-908x1024.png

Say karate again! Say karate again, I dare you, I double dare you mother****** say karate one more god damn time!

Well if it is an Americanized version then I'm proud. It's way more effective than lame Japanese karate.

But, I've been a big fan of the arts for a while, and chances are, I don't know about it any less than someone on this thread.

I was under the impression that Pettis competed in ITF because it was most similar to the video that showed the style of Taekwondo competition Pettis participated in but like I said, Thompson's style is more similar to that than Karate.

You could look up many karate style competition online but I doubt you will find a similar fighting stance and style, unless you go to ITF taekwondo or americanized kickboxing that wierd pointing fighting style.

Apparently Wonderboy did practice in Karate, but just like just because someone practiced in 'taekwondo' somewhere in northamerica it doesn't mean he really practiced in it true way that sticks to the core principle and styles, it holds true here.

Karate fighting style in competition did change over time, if you compare some stuff from now and back then in 70's and stuff.

There maybe exist more than handful of different style of karate that diverged a while back, but there aren't many that I can think of that promotes the physical sparring and regulates the world class competition. Three main ones that I can think of are shotokan, kyokushin and contact karates, none of which exhibits similar style of fighting as Thompson does.

Thompson relies more on his lead leg to kick and sort of uses the explosive motion of blitzing with combination forward while having pronounced side stance and bit staggered. This in my opinion, is what you see in ITF taekwondo. Of course in shotokan you also see that combination with explosive attacks, but I don't think it's the same.

I don't really give a fuck at the end, I'm not trying to change the world here, but I just really don't think it represents it well, because it just doesn't.

You are comparing your knowledge to other people on this site and I fully admit that I know shit about Karate. But I am going to guess that Wonderboy who has been practicing it all his life knows what he is doing and knows what style he practices.

So while you keep pointing out that you know more than people some people on this site I am quite sure you do not more than the International Sport Karate Association Champion. So if he tells me that he is a Karate practitioner I will believe him over you.

Thompson relies more on his lead leg to kick and sort of uses the explosive motion of blitzing with combination forward while having pronounced side stance and bit staggered. This in my opinion, is what you see in ITF taekwondo. Of course in shotokan you also see that combination with explosive attacks, but I don't think it's the same. Or something like American kickboxing that RDA and MP competes in

Holy shit I just explained this to you. Were you born with brain damage or did it happen sometime in your life time?

What could have been an interesting thread turned into a self-righteous failure.

Back