Wladamir Klitchko v Dereck Chisora

who the fuck is dereck chisnora

He's a good prospect.

Is far, FAR, too early for him to face a Klitchko, though. Will probably ruin him..........

He also got a suspension a couple of years ago for biting, make of that what you will.

He'll probably end up biting him around round 4

yeah deffo to early for him, i really wish it was haye fighting klitchko instead of fighting harrison

Like I said no one out there to come close to wlad..he should retire for 2 yrs go on dancing with the stars ...let Vitali unify...then come back!!!!! Seriously!!

Like I said no one out there to come close to wlad..he should retire for 2 yrs go on dancing with the stars ...let Vitali unify...then come back!!!!! Seriously!!

The only fight which makes any sense for him (apart from fighting his , brother, obviously) is Haye.

If Haye keeps 'avoiding' the fight, maybe you are right.........

He can't be that good of a prospect because I've never heard of him. Best win is against Williams I guess, but Williams came into that fight 10-15 pounds heavier than in his immediately previous fights where he lost to Baker & Sosnowski and I guess got life & death with mf'in McDermott twice?

There are other obvious interesting fights out there that people want to see Vlad in, but those opponents have publically expressed that they don't believe they can beat him (yet, blah blah blah). So I guess, we'll watch him wipe out prospects willing to take a beating for some cheese. Dude is dominant beyond belief- he and his bro are responsible for a HUGE chunk of the boost in popularity that boxing has seen overseas over the last decade or so.

I'd rather see him fight Adamek or Povetkin, hopefully one of those fights happens within the next year because we all know Haye is never going to take the fight, unless he waits three more years for Vitali's last fight before he retires and hopes that he has any chance.

I'd rather see him fight Adamek or Povetkin, hopefully one of those fights happens within the next year because we all know Haye is never going to take the fight, unless he waits three more years for Vitali's last fight before he retires and hopes that he has any chance.

Povetkin will never fight Wlad. He was Wlad's IBF mandatory challenger for 30 months and either got out of it by taking step aside money from other challengers or "injuries" (Povetkin was originally scheduled in a signed contracted fight to take on Wlad in late 2008), the IBF finally forced him to take the fight or get stripped, came up with a litany of things to dodge the fight, all failed (my favorite was after the Mayweather-Pacquiao hullabaloo, Povetkin said he wanted steroid testing as part of the agreement to fight, and Wlad without hesitation said "sure" :D ), fight signed for this past month September, press conference hyping the fight in Germany where the fight would take place, Povetkin is a no show, tells Wlad's camp the night before he can't fly due to a sinus infection, and within a week Povetkin's camp pull Povetkin out of the fight, and the IBF #2 Sam Peter becomes the replacement challenger. Teddy Atlas is instrumental in all this and said on ESPN "Povetkin isn't ready" after he'd been running Povetkin's training for two years while saying on ESPN television in commentary the Klitschkos were overrated bums, and while running Povetkin's training in New Jersey the toughest opponent he gave him after Povetkin got mandatory status was Taurus Sykes.

If Povetkin's not ready after 3 years, when will he ever be? They know he'll lose so the only way he'll ever fight Wlad is when Wlad is old and past it if ever.

And how is Povetkin getting ready for Wlad as Atlas claims, he's fighting the 14-2-1 Teke Oruh this coming Saturday from the Olimpyskiy Sports Palace in Chekhov, Russia. Oruh lost his last 2 fights and the last time he fought was November 2008. And 2 weeks later on October 30th Povetkin's going to have another sanctioned match against "TBA" in Germany.

Povetkin being in the discussion as championship material is done and finished. He is not a top heavyweight contender.

Adamek could happen.

I think part of the reason he's taking on Chisora is for him to take on a British fighter to get the British boxing public watching en masse so he can use that against Haye.

Last edited:
Povetkin will never fight Wlad. He was Wlad's IBF mandatory challenger for 30 months and either got out of it by taking step aside money from other challengers or "injuries" (Povetkin was originally scheduled in a signed contracted fight to take on Wlad in late 2008), the IBF finally forced him to take the fight or get stripped, came up with a litany of things to dodge the fight, all failed (my favorite was after the Mayweather-Pacquiao hullabaloo, Povetkin said he wanted steroid testing as part of the agreement to fight, and Wlad without hesitation said "sure" :D ), fight signed for this past month September, press conference hyping the fight in Germany where the fight would take place, Povetkin is a no show, tells Wlad's camp the night before he can't fly due to a sinus infection, and within a week Povetkin's camp pull Povetkin out of the fight, and the IBF #2 Sam Peter becomes the replacement challenger. Teddy Atlas is instrumental in all this and said on ESPN "Povetkin isn't ready" after he'd been running Povetkin's training for two years while saying on ESPN television in commentary the Klitschkos were overrated bums, and while running Povetkin's training in New Jersey the toughest opponent he gave him after Povetkin got mandatory status was Taurus Sykes.

If Povetkin's not ready after 3 years, when will he ever be? They know he'll lose so the only way he'll ever fight Wlad is when Wlad is old and past it if ever.

And how is Povetkin getting ready for Wlad as Atlas claims, he's fighting the 14-2-1 Teke Oruh this coming Saturday from the Olimpyskiy Sports Palace in Chekhov, Russia. Oruh lost his last 2 fights and the last time he fought was November 2008. And 2 weeks later on October 30th Povetkin's going to have another sanctioned match against "TBA" in Germany.

Povetkin being in the discussion as championship material is done and finished. He is not a top heavyweight contender.

Adamek could happen.

I think part of the reason he's taking on Chisora is for him to take on a British fighter to get the British boxing public watching en masse so he can use that against Haye.

Good post. I still think a Povetkin fight is at least marginally interesting considering all the hoopla you just described. On most lists he is still a top 5 contender. #3 according to Ring and in the same spot on ESPN.com, it's unfortunate that it's the case but what can you do. Maybe Tarver goes on a tear and has enough balls to challenge one of the Klits.

He's a good prospect.

Is far, FAR, too early for him to face a Klitchko, though. Will probably ruin him..........

He also got a suspension a couple of years ago for biting, make of that what you will.

was Chisora the guy who talked about being Tyson's biggest fan, and then went and bit that fella's face?

Chisora has nothing to lose, he will actually give the Klitchsko's a fight. Why not?

Chisora has nothing to lose, he will actually give the Klitchsko's a fight. Why not?

I agree fully I think people are underestimating del boy just a bit... He finished danny williams pretty easily and so I don't think it will just be a walk in the park for wlad

He can't be that good of a prospect because I've never heard of him. Best win is against Williams I guess, but Williams came into that fight 10-15 pounds heavier than in his immediately previous fights where he lost to Baker & Sosnowski and I guess got life & death with mf'in McDermott twice?

While Williams is the "name" opponent on his record his two best wins are his pair of finishes against fellow UK prospect Sam Sexton (who in turn beat Martin Rogan twice... the Martin Rogan who beat Skelton and Harrison previously).

Yeah... it's not great is it?

I put my thoughts on this in another thread... it's too early for Chisora and there's better fights out there for Wlad.

he's good at bobbing & weaving and leaping in with hooks, that could be just what is needed to get past wlad's jab.

he's good at bobbing & weaving and leaping in with hooks, that could be just what is needed to get past wlad's jab.

He's also 5 inches shorter and at a 7 inch reach disadvantage - I would say I seriously doubt he has the technical ability to get in close enough to do anything (especially since he tends to get a good bit from what I've seen).

As I said in an earlier thread, Chisora will get manhandled, but at least he will go in game and have a go, unlike some of the more recent opponents who appeared to be there for a cheque.

As I said in an earlier thread, Chisora will get manhandled, but at least he will go in game and have a go, unlike some of the more recent opponents who appeared to be there for a cheque.

"Cheque" lol, you fucking Brits

Back