With teachers on strike, LAUSD schools turn into movie theaters — and parents aren't thrilled

Both those reasons lol. Lethargic, unmotivated teenagers are hard to deal with. I love the good ones but they’re few. And there are too many issues in the system that I just can’t invest any more of my efforts.

I see. The public school system is really messed up. I was a LAUSD product from K-12. During my senior year, I was a bit fed up and I homeschooled. Homeschooling was practically like college. I would go 2-3 times a week, where I would turn in my assigned work and they would give me an exam, where I had to pass. I graduated months ahead of my graduating glass and it helped me get ready for college. I relied on myself, and if I had questions, the teachers there were willing to help.

i'm just in education til my bills paid, then im moving on.

They should ask for more vacation time while they're at it

Both those reasons lol. Lethargic, unmotivated teenagers are hard to deal with. I love the good ones but they’re few. And there are too many issues in the system that I just can’t invest any more of my efforts.
Uhh I hate dealing with unmotivated learners. It sucks that education outside of school is not a profitable industry in the USA like it is in other places around the world.

Who is reporter, goddamm?

Lauren Sivan.

Can't be a Boise Dime and be an anchor in LA.

EnchantingForkedAkitainu-max-1mb.gif

SpanishSadCentipede-size_restricted.gif

Uhh I hate dealing with unmotivated learners. It sucks that education outside of school is not a profitable industry in the USA like it is in other places around the world.

Profitable how so? I’ve thought about an idea for apps to help teachers since school districts are willing to spend millions for their teachers to use them lol. There was a cool app that scanned papers and graded them instantly.

The irony of holding educational institutions hostage for political and economic demands in California is that their likely spending their off time criticizing Trump for holding the federal government hostage for political and economic demands. The hypocrisy of America right now would piss me off a lot more if it wasn’t so damn funny.

Profitable how so? I’ve thought about an idea for apps to help teachers since school districts are willing to spend millions for their teachers to use them lol. There was a cool app that scanned papers and graded them instantly.
Well apps are great.
But I also meant doing education outside of school. For example tutoring, test prep, etc..
we have all those in the USA but it’s not the same as it is in other places around the world as far the amount of money you can make. Also that helps because most of the students who show up to outside of school learning are more motivated than the students in school making the job much more satisfying.
For example I live in China and I have a friend whose wife is the owner of a language school and they guy is the head manager. They live in a swanky place in one of the best cities in the world.

Well apps are great.
But I also meant doing education outside of school. For example tutoring, test prep, etc..
we have all those in the USA but it’s not the same as it is in other places around the world as far the amount of money you can make. Also that helps because most of the students who show up to outside of school learning are more motivated than the students in school making the job much more satisfying.
For example I live in China and I have a friend whose wife is the owner of a language school and they guy is the head manager. They live in a swanky place in one of the best cities in the world.

I see. Yeah man I love to teach, don’t get me wrong. If my hands weren’t so tied to Marxist indoctrination in America I’d have a fulfilling career as a school teacher.

Sadly, you know what’s profitable for services outside of school? Credit recovery for high school students who are behind on their credits. Go figure.

I see. Yeah man I love to teach, don’t get me wrong. If my hands weren’t so tied to Marxist indoctrination in America I’d have a fulfilling career as a school teacher.

Sadly, you know what’s profitable for services outside of school? Credit recovery for high school students who are behind on their credits. Go figure.
Well I don’t know about this Marxist stuff I usually just see that be8ng thrown around by salty white dudes that are angry that we aren’t teaching “white is right”anymore.

But yea the second part I agree with it’s a shame.

America's education system is so fucked, along with so many other systems. Source: Two parents who retired from teaching.

The irony of holding educational institutions hostage for political and economic demands in California is that their likely spending their off time criticizing Trump for holding the federal government hostage for political and economic demands. The hypocrisy of America right now would piss me off a lot more if it wasn’t so damn funny.

Except Trump's reason for shutting down the government is that fat orange cunt is throwing a temper tantrum? Not even remotely similar but nice try.

No fucks given by me.

Charter school master race checking in.

But seriously, everything they’re asking for seems like the best thing for the students. Too bad LAUSD is way too fucking big and consistently terrible to make any changes.

Teachers in LA make like $70k and get off months each year. Seems pretty decent.

Back