With teachers on strike, LAUSD schools turn into movie theaters — and parents aren't thrilled

LA, actually all of California historically has produced millions of functional illiterates over literally decades. Get the fuck back to work they don’t deserve any of their demands.

LA, actually all of California historically has produced millions of functional illiterates over literally decades. Get the fuck back to work they don’t deserve any of their demands.

For years, they would just let the child progress to the next grade without doing shit.

“We won’t be sending her back to school during the strike, because it’s detrimental to her education,” said Joe Utsler of Valley Village, after his 15-year-old came home from Van Nuys High and said she’d been stuck in an overcrowded gym, where she watched the movie “Lincoln.”

“And not even the good one with the vampire hunting,” her father said.

Joe Utsler, everybody! Joe Utsler!

For years, they would just let the child progress to the next grade without doing shit.

That's a pretty widespread philosophy, unfortunately.

How do you minimize complaints?
By giving the customer whatever they want (ie, passing grades for nothing).
Sure, it undermines the entire system, but people rage less about that, because the direct personal impact is less.
Much easier than standing up to the shits and saying "no, you're not getting it, because they didn't earn it".

source: former teacher

Any time I hear about a union strike.

"Fuck em, hire all new"
-Me​

I recently quit teaching and this is correct. This is one of the main reasons why I left, along with the Marxist groupthink. Teachers are overpaid babysitters. Their benefits package is far higher than the average wage. It is a cushy gig because the unions are like attack dogs, and the teachers themselves are too stupid to understand how useless they are, so they strike at will. Teachers themselves are mostly 'diverse' and Marxist, while pushing anti-white, Marxist propaganda. I feel sorry for any white child in public school now. The public school system is institutionalized child abuse now.

Sounds like the parents are still getting their publicly-funded babysitting, so there's that.

I recently quit teaching and this is correct. This is one of the main reasons why I left, along with the Marxist groupthink. Teachers are overpaid babysitters. Their benefits package is far higher than the average wage. It is a cushy gig because the unions are like attack dogs, and the teachers themselves are too stupid to understand how useless they are, so they strike at will. Teachers themselves are mostly 'diverse' and Marxist, while pushing anti-white, Marxist propaganda. I feel sorry for any white child in public school now. The public school system is institutionalized child abuse now.

I have been a high school teacher for the past 8 years. This school year will be my last. I have my masters in counseling and I’m planning to transfer over to that position next school year because Im dying to leave the classroom. Still like working with the kids though and I’ve done 600 hours as a school counselor intern and I like that position within the school. I can actually help my students lmao.

But you hit everything right on the money. My entire career has been literally doing what I know is right which has formed a reputation amongst my pea brain coteachers. But fuck em they’re all fat lazy and tenured. I started out with a cohort of 6 other young teachers and and I’m the ONLY one who’s still here, go figure. If you don’t mind me asking, what field did you move onto? I’ve thought about the Air Force or the business sector.

I have been a high school teacher for the past 8 years. This school year will be my last. I have my masters in counseling and I’m planning to transfer over to that position next school year because Im dying to leave the classroom. Still like working with the kids though and I’ve done 600 hours as a school counselor intern and I like that position within the school. I can actually help my students lmao.

But you hit everything right on the money. My entire career has been literally doing what I know is right which has formed a reputation amongst my pea brain coteachers. But fuck em they’re all fat lazy and tenured. I started out with a cohort of 6 other young teachers and and I’m the ONLY one who’s still here, go figure. If you don’t mind me asking, what field did you move onto? I’ve thought about the Air Force or the business sector.
I have previous licenses I can fall back on, and I am working on another certification while I invest the capital I have for a return. I am lucky to be financially literate and savvy.

Fuck LA teachers union.
Several stories of teachers molesting kids, and teacher's union goes to bat for them. Even delayed a few cases so tge teachers can put in retirement paperwork and retire while under investigation.
One kindergarten teacher blindfolded kids and fed them cookies with sperm ontop. Union delayed investigation and let him retire

I'm curious, why are you dying to leave the classroom? Does it have to do with the students who don't give a crap or the entire system?

You an LAUSD teacher?

Sounds fine as long as they don't have to watch The Last Jedi.

I'm curious, why are you dying to leave the classroom? Does it have to do with the students who don't give a crap or the entire system?

Both those reasons lol. Lethargic, unmotivated teenagers are hard to deal with. I love the good ones but they’re few. And there are too many issues in the system that I just can’t invest any more of my efforts.

Back