with a Conor win

fightdonttweet

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...he will have done more to earn a title shot in the featherweight division than KZ, Mendes or Frankie did. Just wanted to point that out.

...he will have done more to earn a title shot in the featherweight division than KZ, Mendes or Frankie did. Just wanted to point that out.

wrong.
Frankie was the champ of the LW division.

That alone is 10 times more than what Connor did.
...just wanted to point that out :cool:

If he can beat Siver he will be the first guy EVER to go 5-0 in the UFC, with the exception of all the other guys who did it.

Lol, the McG hype train is so ready to crash. It's gonna be epic.

wrong.

Read more carefully.

"he will have done more to earn a title shot in the featherweight division"

He hadn't done anything at featherweight. Also he wasn't the champ at that time, he was on a two fight losing streak.

I dunno about Frankie, Edgar really should have been the LW champ going into that fight. I agree about KZ and Mendes.

Definitely more deserving than a lot of shots in the last couple years too like Tate, Diaz, and Sonnen.

wrong.

He was coming off of back-to-back losses. He was not the champ at that time.

Previous accomplishments from a diff weight class do not warrant title shots..... No wait I forgot this is the UFC and Jon Jones hasn't even defended his belt against any LHW besides Gus and I will give you Glover who 3 years ago wasn't heard of by nobody.

What about it is flawed? Frankie was coming off of two straight losses, KZ was a replacement, and Chad fought a bunch of tailor-made guys that were largely unranked (best win was Guida who is hardly even top 15 material).

Previous accomplishments from a diff weight class do not warrant title shots..... No wait I forgot this is the UFC and Jon Jones hasn't even defended his belt against any LHW besides Gus and I will give you Glover who 3 years ago wasn't heard of by nobody.

Rampage isn't a LHW?

wrong.

So losing a belt and then making weight is 10x better than winning 5 straight in the division in question?

It's not quantity, it's quality.

You can go 30-0 and be much less impressive than somebody that goes 10-5 against the right guys.

And the quality of opponents Conor has faced, compared with what the UFC COULD offer up?

Not so great. If he wins, Aldo will fucking tear him apart and give him a rude awakening.

Yes I think he will. Also, it's a great marketable fight for the UFC so I'm pretty sure they will make it happen.

He beat 1 top ten fighter... 1.

Lamas beat 3 in a row: Hioki, Swanson, and Koch

Mendes beat 2 top 10 in his 5 fight win streak to get back to the title. 4/5 finishes too.

Zombie beat two in his three fight win streak that included three unbelievable finishes including a 7 second knockout, a fight of the year submission victory, and the 2011 submission win of the year via twister.

Frankie moved down from 155 after losing his title. The title that he defended 3 times, tying the UFC lightweight record. And hey, if that isn't enough, keep in mind that he took that fight as a last minute replacement when the original opponent was injured. He wasn't given gimme fights in his home town and solely promoted.

Get your facts straight TS.

wrong.

He was the former champ, coming off two loses, going down in weight, not up.

His accomplishments at lw are awesome, but they have little to nothing to do with fw matters, especially going DOWN in weight.

Back