• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wisconsin high school photo shoot turns into a gathering of f**king idiots

Yeah but trying to litigate and throw them in Jail for EXPRESSING THEMSELVES(which is a fundamental right in this country) is not stupid?
Who is trying to put them in jail for the photo?
And lol at "expressing themselves"
If a racist calls me the N word, isn't he just expressing himself? He has the right to say what he wants. These kids have the right to do the same. But the freedom to speak doesnt mean freedom from consequences. If someone doesn't want to hire them, if society wants to shame them, if the school wants to punish themfor breaking some sort of decency code, then those are the consequences.
Say and do all the dumb, hateful shit that you want, but don't bitch about the consequences.

The School should have done something when the students were calling minorities slurs and other profanities on school property.

They should and some of the students should be suspended at least. The photo did one good thing in bringing to light the racism that is going on in that school

But they didn't and that's on them.

Trying to get them THIS WAY through litigation is only going to blow up in their faces.

It's not a non-story. The kids did not just take a silly picture, it's a sign of a larger issue at that school where the white kids harass minority kids.

No decent person would ever say that should just be ignored. No decent person would ever claim there's no reason to be angered by a bunch of half-wit high school kids picking on kids because of their race, calling them dirty Mexicans, shouting "white power" in the halls, and doing Nazi salutes in class photos.

Some of you guys really need to take a step back from your politics and just think about decency.
So as a child and a teenager you never did or said anything that was insensitive, rude, racist, or put down others?

If a racist calls me the N word, isn't he just expressing himself? He has the right to say what he wants. These kids have the right to do the same. But the freedom to speak doesnt mean freedom from consequences. If someone doesn't want to hire them, if society wants to shame them, if the school wants to punish themfor breaking some sort of decency code, then those are the consequences.
Say and do all the dumb, hateful shit that you want, but don't bitch about the consequences.

Some posters should just be ignored.

Why not a little Clockwork Orange? Force them to keep their eyes open and have them watch on repeat videos of the Nazi's killing civilians

Meh.

How about forcing them to watch a 24hr marathon of Rosie O'Donnell doing Stand-up? Now THAT'S torture. <Moves>

5be9ac31cee2a.image.jpg

The one kid on the far right of the picture is laughing his butt off and he is a person of color.

I still don't think it was a good idea to do a picture like this joke or not. It has more to do with the hyper-PC culture being thrust on everyone than anything else.

The one kid on the far right of the picture is laughing his butt off and he is a person of color.

I still don't think it was a good idea to do a picture like this joke or not. It has more to do with the hyper-PC culture being thrust on everyone than anyone else.
I blame liberals for this.
Liberals call everyone a Nazi today, if you voted Trump, you're a Nazi, so the term is watered down. So kids today don't know what a real Nazi was.

I remember telling people that internet culture was spilling over in to real life.. and we kind of... created this internet culture. So we've only got ourselves to blame. We ought to try cleaning our act up!

Really? You mean you don't know?

Baraboo School District weighing legal action after students purportedly photographed doing Nazi salute | Fox News

<LikeReally5>

What other "legal action" are they looking to do? I doubt they're planning on suing the students.

Their issue is that they can't suspend them 'cause this was done OFF-CAMPUS. So now they're going to try to get them prosecuted for exercising their 1st Amendment rights?

Good luck convincing a Judge, clowns.

So as a child and a teenager you never did or said anything that was insensitive, rude, racist, or put down others?

Straw man and deflection.

We are talking about a specific school with a specific set of issues, and we are debating how to address the issues. Try to stay on topic if you're going to respond to me.

Read some of the other stories from the school. It's not just a silly picture of a bunch of fun loving goofy kids. The school has tons of issues with racial harassment.

Are the kids actual Nazis? Of course not, and nobody is saying they are. Are there serious racial issues at the school whereby white kids ridicule minority kids? It appears that there are.

I'm pretty tired of people playing dumb and making excuses for kids like this (not talking about you). You have to be willfully ignorant to continuously ignore signs that there is a serious problem. That school appears to have some serious problems, but this thread is full of, "Boys will be boys, they are just offending da librul snowflakes" and other nonsense.

Ridicule is not a serious problem. I would punish my children for doing so, and I think it is a character problem with the individuals involved. I can see the need for the principal to crack down and perhaps issue a few suspensions. If that's what you mean by serious, then we agree, but I don't see much here beyond young men behaving like assholes. No crime, no harm beyond hurt feelings.

Those kids aren't being hateful. They're just messing around and joking. Look at them laughing.

They just don't know what the true nazi's were about.

Today, in today's terms, a "Nazi" is the Trump voters and people like the "Proud Boys."

I blame liberals for this.
Liberals call everyone a Nazi today, if you voted Trump, you're a Nazi, so the term is watered down. So kids today don't know what a real Nazi was.

I agree.

Ridicule is not a serious problem. I would punish my children for doing so, and I think it is a character problem with the individuals involved. I can see the need for the principal to crack down and perhaps issue a few suspensions. If that's what you mean by serious, then we agree, but I don't see much here beyond young men behaving like assholes. No crime, no harm beyond hurt feelings.

Racial ridicule in a school is not a serious problem? I absolutely disagree.

Do you have children, and if so, are they minorities? I have a really hard time any mother with a child being ridiculed at school for their race would take such a nonchalant approach.

didnt the right cry for a weekj about a soyboy digging at a one-eyed nra shill? Didnt the right cry about Nike when theu supported a guy they also cried over because he took a knee at football games?

not really .. I don't recall anyone calling for pete davidson's life to be ruined .. of course in this thread that's what's being implied that could happen to these knuckleheads .. and I'm pretty sure you all would applaud it if it happened

Perfect dump material post...nothing burger with a side of cold fries.

People especially kids will always do stupid shit. That will never change instead of trying to ruin all these kids lives for being dumb kids they should just be ignored. Everyone just looks for things to be outraged about nowadays. This would be a nonstory but society needs to be outraged and offended so these kids will be paraded around as today’s sacrificial lambs.
Ignoring problems doesnt solve problems. Just throwing up your hands and saying 'eh, fuck it' is not what people should settle for.

You guys keep acting like this is such a difficult thing to follow and keep track of. There really isn't a laundry list of things to remember here. This isn't rocket science.

Don't do shit that glorifies Nazis...they killed millions of Jews....people in your own community. Don't say the N word. Don't do blackface. This is all common fucking sense. I don't understand what is so hard about this. This has nothing to do with people"looking to be offended". This shit is offensive.
You don't care about this because it doesn't have anything to do with you.

People are still being morons about social media. Kids and adults need to learn how to use social media correctly. If you do and say things publicly, you will thenbe judged publicly.

I didnt believe this crap was real until I heard high school age white kids talking about "it's ok to be white" and other such nonsense that we all think of as memes or dumb shit only spoken about on the internet. Kids communicate through social media more than we even know. This is real life

Racial ridicule in a school is not a serious problem? I absolutely disagree.

What about fat ridicule? Or nerd ridicule? Or ugly ridicule? Or poor ridicule?

Is all ridicule serious, or only the hot button ones the media focuses on?

(1) Would be a great point, except we don't care about any of the atrocities we do.

(2) I don't have any reason to believe they are nazis either. However, I'd still box them proper.

(3) The kids suck and they should punished for the crime of being stupid, shitty, insensitive pricks... which isn't a legal punishment but instead a good black eye and some bruised ribs.

1. This seems a non-sequitur to me. If you want to compare atrocities, let's start another thread.

2 and 3. Yes, if your point is that these kids could use a whipping of some kind, then you and I are on the same page. I see a teenage disciplinary problem here, nothing more. If this were my son, I'd be furious with him. But I'm not losing any sleep knowing that somewhere out there there's some kids behaving like little jerks.

Back