Winning the rematch would make AS a greater champion than defending 1st time (?)

The greater champion would be the one who doesn't lose focus and drop his belt due to clowning so no.

exactly this.

that first fight shouldve never went down the way it did. truly ridiculous stuff from a 'champion'.

andy lost almost all my hespect for him after that nonsense.

His last name is spelled Weidman and it really doesn't matter if you think the 1st fight was a fluke. It shows how stupid you are. Actually, spelling Weidman's name wrong numerous times in one post showed your stupidity. You saying if Anderson wins that automatically means 1st fight = fluke seals the deal on your lack of intelligence.

Wow, I don't even know where to start. My post wasn't directed at you, and in no way insulting. I'm not even going to comment on the spelling piece.

1. I'm a borderline Silva hater. I was happy to see him lose, especially in that fashion. He's acted like a tool inside and outside of the ring on so many different occasions and I was glad it caught up to him in such an epic fashion.

2. That doesn't change the fact that Silva was fighting stupid. Silva got KOed because he had his hands down at his side. It's that simple. He wasn't beat up at that point in the fight. He wasn't tired, worn down, gassed, etc. He acted like an idiot and got caught. End of story. It doesn't matter that Weidman won the first round. Silva has been down 4 rounds to 0 before and walked away with the belt. Being up 1 round on Silva doesn't mean very much. Knocking him out when he's toying around with his hands at his side, pretending that he's acting out a scene in the matrix doesn't mean very much.

3. As happy as I was to see Silva lose - I really don't even need to know the result of the rematch. Right now Weidman is champion because Silva is an idiot, not because he is necessairly the better / more skilled fighter. Really, Silva did a disservice to UFC fans, because we really don't know if Weidman is better or not. All we do know is that Weidman can knock a willingly defenseless Silva out.

It means he's gotten better than he was back in July

he's risen up to the challenge of his rivals

His last name is spelled Weidman and it really doesn't matter if you think the 1st fight was a fluke. It shows how stupid you are. Actually, spelling Weidman's name wrong numerous times in one post showed your stupidity. You saying if Anderson wins that automatically means 1st fight = fluke seals the deal on your lack of intelligence.

He is projecting what he 'wants to believe' and hopes other validate him.

it is pretty clear that he is still having trouble dealing with and accepting the loss and hopes to find a reason to dismiss it and write it off like it never happened.

dont try so hard to find grandeur meaning in everything.

if he wins he will have lost the belt and regained it again. it's been happening in combat sports since for fucking ever.

We are arguing over nothing, Weidman is going to beat him again and get more credit this time

I really don't think Silva winning the rematch makes him a better champion. It will just prove that you can't stand in the cage with your arms at your side, pretending you are Neo and dodging bullets / punches from a scene in the Matrix.

Yes, Silva's done it before, but it's simply a dumb thing to do. No matter how quick / fast your reflexes are, you will get clipped eventually. To be fair, Wideman wiffed on a few of those shots before connecting.

Unless it's a 5 round all out war, any win for Silva will likely cheapen Wideman's win for me, and confirm that it was a fluke, and only a result of Anderson dropping his guard and simply acting dumb.

It really puts Wideman in an unfortunate situation. If Silva comes in and doesn't clown around and leaves with the belt, Wideman's win is basically null and void, and fans will simply say "Wideman only won because Silva was clowing".

You have to stop saying this as it is really dumb.

Baiting has been a very legit fight tactic since fight was born. Counter strikers in particular, have used it more then most to make their offense more effective. Not everyone fights 100% conventional and doing something unorthodox is not always bad or wrong.

Just because someone who bait's and drops his arms might get caught and lose eventually does not mean that those same tactics did not help them win many fights, they might not have won if they did not bait to draw the opponent into attacking.

Stop, STOP, acting like everyone is the most effective if everyone fights the same.

Silva did come in and did not clown. GO back and watch the fight again. He did not clown at all in the first round and he found himself on his back eating big GnP and fighting off sub attempts. He did a great job, with clowning to draw the fight into a realm (standup) where he had a better chance to win. He just met a fighter who was able to khtfo once he used that tactic to get it there.

Wow, I don't even know where to start. My post wasn't directed at you, and in no way insulting. I'm not even going to comment on the spelling piece.

1. I'm a borderline Silva hater. I was happy to see him lose, especially in that fashion. He's acted like a tool inside and outside of the ring on so many different occasions and I was glad it caught up to him in such an epic fashion.

2. That doesn't change the fact that Silva was fighting stupid. Silva got KOed because he had his hands down at his side. It's that simple. He wasn't beat up at that point in the fight. He wasn't tired, worn down, gassed, etc. He acted like an idiot and got caught. End of story. It doesn't matter that Weidman won the first round. Silva has been down 4 rounds to 0 before and walked away with the belt. Being up 1 round on Silva doesn't mean very much. Knocking him out when he's toying around with his hands at his side, pretending that he's acting out a scene in the matrix doesn't mean very much.

3. As happy as I was to see Silva lose - I really don't even need to know the result of the rematch. Right now Weidman is champion because Silva is an idiot, not because he is necessairly the better / more skilled fighter. Really, Silva did a disservice to UFC fans, because we really don't know if Weidman is better or not. All we do know is that Weidman can knock a willingly defenseless Silva out.

You don't know what fluke means. End of story. I stand by everything I said. I will say it again, no matter the outcome of the 2nd fight, it doesn't erase any part of that first fight.

By that notion, GSP's 2 losses are flukes and he should otherwise still be undefeated. He's not undefeated. His 2 losses are legit losses and the rematches did not erase that. Doing what no one else has been able to do in the octagon "doesn't mean much". You're so foolish. I'm done giving you serious replies.

You don't know what fluke means. End of story. I stand by everything I said. I will say it again, no matter the outcome of the 2nd fight, it doesn't erase any part of that first fight.

By that notion, GSP's 2 losses are flukes and he should otherwise still be undefeated. He's not undefeated. His 2 losses are legit losses and the rematches did not erase that. Doing what no one else has been able to do in the octagon "doesn't mean much". You're so foolish. I'm done giving you serious replies.

What a terrible parallel you try to draw with the GSP comparison. GSP didn't lose because he chose to fight with his hands down at his sides. He put forth his best efforts in those 2 matches and came up short. Nothing "flukey" about that.

Anderson lost because he didn't take the fight seriously, and put in hardly any effort. He looked like he was putting in about 50% effort and treating it like a light sparring session. Big difference. When Silva comes back and dominates Weidman in the rematch everyone will be saying "Weidman only won because Silva was clowning, and didn't take the first fight seriously" -- which will be the truth. I'll be happy to re-up this December 28th/29th.

I know that may be a tough pill to swallow for Weidman nuthuggers, but it's the truth.

Last edited:
lol Anderson wasn't trying. We'll just pretend Anderson wasn't throwing strikes with the intention of knocking Weidman out.

He wasn't trying because he missed, I guess. Had he hit Weidman with those shots,he would have been trying.

The comedy club that is Anderson Silva's fanbase never fails to deliver.

you are talking to someone with the fight intellect of a child.

When Anderson or RJJ or Ali is clowning or baiting it is a measure of their greatness. How many times have we heard Anderson complimented for 'doing stuff in the cage nobody is doing'? it is that stuff that helped him win his fights.

Now if you beat him doing that stuff, you should get no credit and it is a disservice to us all. lol.

Ya that which makes him great when he wins, makes you someone who deserves no credit if you beat him doing it. :redface:

lol Anderson wasn't trying. We'll just pretend Anderson wasn't throwing strikes with the intention of knocking Weidman out.

He wasn't trying because he missed, I guess. Had he hit Weidman with those shots,he would have been trying.

The comedy club that is Anderson Silva's fanbase never fails to deliver.

lol.

Anderson was trying. He just fought someone who did not bite like Forrest as I just posted in the other thread where he is crying while saying the same dumb stuff.

-----------

no my point is valid regardless.

You need to understand what Anderson was trying to do and how Weidman was not playing his game or falling into his trap if you want to sound less like a na

you are talking to someone with the fight intellect of a child.

When Anderson or RJJ or Ali is clowning or baiting it is a measure of their greatness. How many times have we heard Anderson complimented for 'doing stuff in the cage nobody is doing'? it is that stuff that helped him win his fights.

Now if you beat him doing that stuff, you should get no credit and it is a disservice to us all. lol.

Ya that which makes him great when he wins, makes you someone who deserves no credit if you beat him doing it. :redface:

RJJ is undefeated when trying, by this logic lol

Honestly, RJJ was amazing at doing that stuff. I thought he was more impressive with his showboating than Anderson was. He KO'ed people with big padded gloves while making professional standup fighters look like they were fighting in slow motion. He was awesome. Doesn't get the credit he deserves because he used athleticism and not so much boxing fundamentals.

RJJ, Mike Tyson and De La Hoya were my favourite boxers, while growing up. Absolutely despise Prince Naseem Hamed, though lol

RJJ is undefeated when trying, by this logic lol

Honestly, RJJ was amazing at doing that stuff. I thought he was more impressive with his showboating than Anderson was. He KO'ed people with big padded gloves while making professional standup fighters look like they were fighting in slow motion. He was awesome. Doesn't get the credit he deserves because he used athleticism and not so much boxing fundamentals.

RJJ, Mike Tyson and De La Hoya were my favourite boxers, while growing up. Absolutely despise Prince Naseem Hamed, though lol

Anyone who clowns as part of making their offense more effective suddenly is off the hook when they lose because dummies just say 'well the opponent deserves little or no credit because they were clowning'. :eek:

In the Forrest gif above Anderson using the clowning to get Forrest to run at him so what looks like a fairly weak arm counter punch ends up being a punch that hurts Forrest and breaks him mentally. It is a clear part of Anderson's offensive arsenal and he understands that the trade of is he exposes his chin to get those benefits. but he is a believer that he is fast enough and skilled enough to avoid the harm while exposing his chin and to deliver real harm to those who dare to try and go after his chin. it is strategy and it works...most times.

But every once in a while a fighter who uses clowning to win fights meets someone good enough to beat him while he plays that game. It is the height of absurdity to then say Anderson gets credit for all those he beat while using his clowning, but the one who beat him because he was good enough to avoid the traps and KO Anderson, gets little or no credit.

Why on earth are people still accusing Silva of "clowning"? The guy said it himself it was part of his strategy to bait him into his plan. There was no clowning at all. Anderson also stated in a pre-fight interview he had one chance of winning while Weidman had 2. Silva lost that fucking fight because his own gameplan backfired, not because he was "clowning'. It gets worse for him now because he realizes he's slower, his reflexes aren't good enough to duck Weidman's shots, and he's fucked on the ground. He wont get subbed out, but he will lose on points. It's a wrap for Silva. Let him go, he did enough in this sport.

Beating Silva has obviously legitimized Weidman bigtime, so for Silva to win the rematch would be a lot bigger than having beaten a 9-0 rookie in the first place. Keeping his streak alive would've been huge too though.

exactly this.

that first fight shouldve never went down the way it did. truly ridiculous stuff from a 'champion'.

andy lost almost all my hespect for him after that nonsense.

lol what's respect got to do with it? He fucked up and now is paying the consequences. There's really nothing more to it than that.

In short, no.

If Fedor had instantly rematched Werdum and won, followed by retirement... I can't imagine why anyone would think that his career would be better than if he just won the first fight and retired.

Back