winning gear (gloves, cup, headgear, wraps)

thanks for the info. What do you personally use for the bag? and for the mitts?
A while ago I used the Hayabusa 16 oz gloves for the bag but got rid of them because my knuckles got sore all the time. Now I use the 16 oz Cleto Reyes (did a review on them a couple weeks ago) and I'm thinking about using the Triumph United / IMF Techs on the bag because the Reyes are pretty big and heavy, it's not as fun.

yeah I used to use 16oz gloves but have recently switched to 12oz. They feel a lot better, sharper, and the protection doesn't seem much worse. They feel much more natural on the pads. I'm looking at either the Rival RB20's or the Ringside Gel superbag gloves.

yeah I used to use 16oz gloves but have recently switched to 12oz. They feel a lot better, sharper, and the protection doesn't seem much worse. They feel much more natural on the pads. I'm looking at either the Rival RB20's or the Ringside Gel superbag gloves.
Yeah, it's a big difference to me. When I hit the bag with the Reyes I can't really work on my technique or speed, they are too heavy and too big. When I use 10-12 oz gloves I feel much quicker and better in terms of my technique.

BTW I think the Ringsides for about half the price are a better option.

after reading this thread i decided there are two gloves as my final option.

Ringside IMF tech and windy training gloves.

ringside is about 90 dollars and windy is about 50 dollars.

What glove would you guys prefer based on quality and comfort to price ratio?

Had a pair of Windy gloves, didn't really like them. They were uncomfortable and I just prefer boxing gloves over thai gloves.

Hi guys, sorry to bring up a old thread but I really want to know where to get some gold custom 12oz with embroidery. Does anyone know who I can contact, any help would be greatly appreciated

Just go to the Winning site and put down in your order that you want the gear in gold and with embroidery. Custom color costs 30% extra. Embroidery costs another 30% extra.

Winning is the best gear ever, it will last forever. Its amazing protects your hands forever.

A while ago I used the Hayabusa 16 oz gloves for the bag but got rid of them because my knuckles got sore all the time. Now I use the 16 oz Cleto Reyes (did a review on them a couple weeks ago) and I'm thinking about using the Triumph United / IMF Techs on the bag because the Reyes are pretty big and heavy, it's not as fun.

Hayabusa along with almost all mma brand boxng gloves are just awful. They are not really into quality, more style. I had a pair of hayabusa striking shinguards I hurt my shins so many times.

So you're magicalalan! I was wondering who was always selling great gear on ebay! If it wasn't for the shipping from Canada, I probably would have snagged some of your stuff by now.

I'm so glad I bought my 16 oz Winning gloves before the price hike! They are awesome lol, I would have to say that my Shevlin are just as awesome and they are waaaay cheaper. They may not look as impressive but they are awesome for sparring. I might buy a pair for bag gloves because I don't want to shell out the price for a 10oz pair of Winning.

I'm so glad I bought my 16 oz Winning gloves before the price hike! They are awesome lol, I would have to say that my Shevlin are just as awesome and they are waaaay cheaper. They may not look as impressive but they are awesome for sparring. I might buy a pair for bag gloves because I don't want to shell out the price for a 10oz pair of Winning.

How would you compare them?

It's a shame they've stopped taking orders :(

Last edited:
So, after one year how has the CPS-500 held up. Does it take shots just as good as the Reyes protector. I don't do MMA, just strictyly boxing, so I'm looking for a groin protector that can take shots at the heavyweight division, while sitting in the pocket.
Thanks..

It's better than the Reyes cup, it's much more bulky, offers more/better protection and it's holding up just fine. The gold color in some areas has chipped a tiny bit, there's some cracks (not the leather, just the color) but that's to be expected.

But yeah, in terms of performance it's top notch and offers tremendous protection for every area down there, even the hips. It covers far more area than the Reyes cup. The only thing that might become an issue at some point in the future, maybe in a couple of years or so, is the stretchy material in the back. But it's not something that would make you throw the cup away, it's easy to fix even if it does rip or not work as good anymore. So I don't really mind. The Reyes doesn't have that issue though since it's all leather. I still prefer the Winning cup.

Keep your hands up and move your head, otherwise you'll end up with a bloody nose. Even with a FG 2900. :wink:
Nose didn't break but I'm sure with some other headgear it would have been a different story and I would have had to sit out a couple months or so. Price = Justified. Especially in the long run. But it doesn't make up for poor fundamentals or laziness (which is a good thing of course). :icon_lol:

255ncj6.jpg

Back