"Winner" taps...

loyalyolayal

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
[YT]RyBZQlJ8VeA[/YT]

yes it's mma content but i think discussions about morality of fighting would be better discussed here.

Need your opinion on this one sherbros.

Was he being a self-righteous prick, trying to be famous?

or was he just genuinely concerned about his opponent's well-being?

Honorable, but don't let Uncle Dana see this!

I can't see the video, how hurt was the other guy? What was the story exactly?

Good for him I guess. He should have just carried the guy for the rest of the round. Sort of humiliating to the guy getting smacked around IMO.

Guy was taking a beating, opponent tapped so guy wouldn't get hurt.

I don't think he was being self righteous or trying to be famous, I just think he realized that he was way better than the other fighter and didn't want to inflict unnecessary punishment. Plus its an amateur MMA bout

Kim Winslow would have restarted the fight and made them fight to the death.

small dude was bringing it, doing all those fancy moves you only see in the movies. while his opponent was doing his best maldonado impression minus the punching. the ref won't stop it. the little guy taps on the mat. said he don't wanna hurt him no more.

It was an admirable act and he should be given props.
As he said, they're not making money and the fight really doesn't count. Props to the guy who got his ass beat for taking it and hanging in there, props to the guy who beat his ass for showing some human decency

He was clearly out matched, I have no issue with it.

It was an admirable act and he should be given props.
As he said, they're not making money and the fight really doesn't count. Props to the guy who got his ass beat for taking it and hanging in there, props to the guy who beat his ass for showing some human decency
I think if this was a professional MMA fight he probably wouldn't have tapped and most likely took it easy on the guy and coasted for the rest of the fight. I've seen some fights where fighter A is beating the ever loving shit out of fighter B and the ref just stands there and doesn't even intervene.

No problem with it. He made a judgement call about his opponent, and by the looks of it, the right one.

Amateur bout are about gaining experience and well, he wasn't going to gain much beating the fuck out of him.

Good for him. He was tagging him. If you get wobbly in a one sided ammy fight, they should probably call it.

Wonder why dude didn't go for a td and sub.

Well, it's a nice sentiment but if he was concerned about hurting someone, why did he take a fight?

Well, it's a nice sentiment but if he was concerned about hurting someone, why did he take a fight?

This is my issue as well.

I mean, it's great that he's being compassionate & shit but you were there to fight.

You should have just choked him out or something. I would rather be choked unconscious rather than be given a pity win in an ammy fight.

This is my issue as well.

I mean, it's great that he's being compassionate & shit but you were there to fight.

That's probably because you two have never competed.
Some people like to compete. It's fun. It's a challenge. It's rewardly when there's mutual respect and you're sharpening one another in amateur competition, which is the entire point. If you go out there to hurt someone for no money, you're kind of a dick. You may be a good fighter, but not someone I admire nor want to see succeed.

What if that kid got a serious concussion? Would it be worth it, just because the two were "There to fight"? An inept referee isn't a free for all to beat someone to death.

Also, what happens if he takes the kid down to choke him, gets reversed and then is beaten into unconsciousness himself? He's then risked injury in an act of pity, as opposed to doing what he did, which is spare himself and his opponent harm.

Admirable. The easy thing to do would be to just kick the kids ass and pump his chest out. He didn't take that route.

I have competed dingleberry, and I would have felt bad if someone let me beat them.

What if he got hurt? If you are that worried about that shit then DONT support fights. IT is a god damned fight. The objective IS to hurt.

Back