"Winner" taps...

I would have been cool with it, but seeing him play to the crowd afterwards and hold the guy's hand up totally changed my mind. If your opponent is so below you that after 3 minutes of completely embarrassing him, you're going to bow out just for his safety alone, you shouldn't be holding his hand up like he means shit. Clearly the guy didn't belong in there and if anything, should have been an offense. Tapout, and walk out of the ring to prepare for an actual challenge by a serious competitor. That's false humility. He thought it would look cool, save him time, and not show up on his record.

What if his opponent is a stud on the ground?

The guy in the OP was not a stud on the ground. He made no attempts to get it there, the "winner" was throwing kicks that would have made a takedown easy by even the most novice of grapplers. That guy had trained 1 month, tops, and as a hobby at that.

Yeah, lets hurt someone to a potentially serious extent because people paid 15$
brb, gonna go feed some of those silly christians to my pet lion.

Dude, if you have a problem with that then you have a problem with fighting as a sport. When people go to those things, they aren't waxing philosophical about the spirit of competition and seeing who the best is out of 2 unknown guys the will probably never see again. I know it isn't the pretty karate kid martial arts spirit you're preaching, but I think you might have to come to grips with a different reality here. You're right it's not for self defense, but you're wrong if you think it's all about the competition, it's as much about the entertainment.

Again, my problem isn't so much with him doing it as everyone just applauding it. Do you guys want to see a bunch of half finished fights? And it might have been the right thing to do, maybe the promoter did put him in there overmatching his opponent or whatever speculation everyone else has come up with. But again, I would ask the same question; why did he get in there to fight if he has qualms about hurting someone? To me, it indicates that he might need to do some soul searching and question if he really wants to fight.

And you are greatly exaggerating the risk these guys are taking in these fights. It's quite a bit less dangerous getting knocked out than it is fighting a lion though

Also, you know what I want to hear how you have been in dozens of street fights. It seems kind of ironic that you have this "don't unnecessarily hurt each other, respect the martial arts" attitude and have found your way into "dozens" of street fights.

And yet, you accuse me of being a "just bleed" douche, but I don't go around getting in street fights...

You know, i thought this may be the one Mayberry thread that didn't have an inane simpsons or seinfeld reference. I underestimate this place sometimes.

Sir, did you ever defend your hip hop rap Title vs. Bay Area in the most overrated rap stars thread? I haven't had the chance to check out that thread yet.

Sir, did you ever defend your hip hop rap Title vs. Bay Area in the most overrated rap stars thread? I haven't had the chance to check out that thread yet.

yes

This is my issue as well.

I mean, it's great that he's being compassionate & shit but you were there to fight.

You should have just choked him out or something. I would rather be choked unconscious rather than be given a pity win in an ammy fight.

If anything, this guy is getting more notoriety and camera time / 15 minutes of fame from this, than KOing some nobody in a fight that nobody would have otherwise saw. If it lands him a pro bout, then mission accomplished.

He was clearly the better fighter, it doesn't go against any future pro record... this guy is probably wiser than 99% of Sherdoggers.

Also, you know what I want to hear how you have been in dozens of street fights. It seems kind of ironic that you have this "don't unnecessarily hurt each other, respect the martial arts" attitude and have found your way into "dozens" of street fights.

And yet, you accuse me of being a "just bleed" douche, but I don't go around getting in street fights...

I was a fat kid who got bullied and tricked myself into thinking that fighting would make me cool. I never called you a "Just bleed douche", that's your own projection

Dude, if you have a problem with that then you have a problem with fighting as a sport. When people go to those things, they aren't waxing philosophical about the spirit of competition and seeing who the best is out of 2 unknown guys the will probably never see again. I know it isn't the pretty karate kid martial arts spirit you're preaching, but I think you might have to come to grips with a different reality here. You're right it's not for self defense, but you're wrong if you think it's all about the competition, it's as much about the entertainment.

Again, my problem isn't so much with him doing it as everyone just applauding it. Do you guys want to see a bunch of half finished fights? And it might have been the right thing to do, maybe the promoter did put him in there overmatching his opponent or whatever speculation everyone else has come up with. But again, I would ask the same question; why did he get in there to fight if he has qualms about hurting someone? To me, it indicates that he might need to do some soul searching and question if he really wants to fight.

And you are greatly exaggerating the risk these guys are taking in these fights. It's quite a bit less dangerous getting knocked out than it is fighting a lion though

This post is a mess and your whole opinion is all over the place.

OBVIOUSLY he had a problem hurting this kid if he did what he did. He explained it himself. Is that not clear enough? Do you need a speak and spell to comprehend this?

The guy in the OP was not a stud on the ground. He made no attempts to get it there, the "winner" was throwing kicks that would have made a takedown easy by even the most novice of grapplers. That guy had trained 1 month, tops, and as a hobby at that.

I'm just speaking in theoretical here, dude. Taking him down and possibly putting yourself in a harmful position when you're doing a perfect job of kicking his ass is stupid. What if you don't mind your P's and Q's, get reversed and get pounded? Not worth the risk in comparison to just tapping.

AND EITHER WAY IT'S A FIGHT BRO WHO FUCKING CARES WHAT HE APPRECIATES.
IN.TO.PIECES
ARGGGGHHHHH

Yeah, lets hurt someone to a potentially serious extent because people paid 15$
brb, gonna go feed some of those silly christians to my pet lion.

I never called you a "Just bleed douche", that's your own projection

You didn't say those words exactly, but I think we can draw that conclusion pretty easily

You didn't say those words exactly, but I think we can draw that conclusion pretty easily

which is what i just said.
if you're coming to that conclusion from my mockery of your laughable, erratic attempts at a semi-lucid thought, maybe you're coming off a little silly here.

He's a better man than me. I would have gone for the high light reel knockout.

I'm just speaking in theoretical here, dude. Taking him down and possibly putting yourself in a harmful position when you're doing a perfect job of kicking his ass is stupid. What if you don't mind your P's and Q's, get reversed and get pounded? Not worth the risk in comparison to just tapping.

If you can't knock them out, and there's a chance that they could outgrapple and finish you, then you shouldn't end the fight early because you feel so much more superior that you don't wish to hurt them. You finish them. Whether you're better by an inch or a mile, finishing them will end with the same results, you should be prepared for that and not accept fights with guys that are so below you.

which is what i just said.
if you're coming to that conclusion from my mockery of your laughable, erratic attempts at a semi-lucid thought, maybe you're coming off a little silly here.

I put it in a package, you have been implying it all along.

If you can't knock them out, and there's a chance that they could outgrapple and finish you, then you shouldn't end the fight early because you feel so much more superior that you don't wish to hurt them. You finish them. Whether you're better by an inch or a mile, finishing them will end with the same results, you should be prepared for that and not accept fights with guys that are so below you.

Dude, these are amateur fights; they don't know who is where, that's literally the point of amateur fights, is to see where you're at.

Your first point makes no sense. The idea of the guy who tapped taking him down to submit him when he's already winning by a vast margin is so ridiculous an expectation that is not sufficiently stifled by "Well if he COULD lose, then he should keep fighting!" So he should risk losing control of a fist fight and continue said fight, just because he there's a possibility he could lose?

And that's just in my hypothetical; the reality of it is that he was beating this guy to a pulp and wanted to end it without harming him further and causing himself any harm. That's what happened, and I commend him for it.

Dude, these are amateur fights; they don't know who is where, that's literally the point of amateur fights, is to see where you're at.

Your first point makes no sense. The idea of the guy who tapped taking him down to submit him when he's already winning by a vast margin is so ridiculous an expectation that is not sufficiently stifled by "Well if he COULD lose, then he should keep fighting!" So he should risk losing control of a fist fight and continue said fight, just because he there's a possibility he could lose?

And that's just in my hypothetical; the reality of it is that he was beating this guy to a pulp and wanted to end it without harming him further and causing himself any harm. That's what happened, and I commend him for it.

You can find out how experienced your opponent is in amateur fights.

Yes, he should be prepared to finish the fight or take it very lightly and coast to a decision. Now that's my opinion, and if I believed he truly acted out of concern for the other guy's health, I would completely understand and respect his decision. But I don't believe that was the case, you do, only he knows. There's not a ton to discuss here.

You're right daspeit I was being a little erratic so i will clear it up here. I was trying to be a little understanding, but frankly it was a fight in front of a crowd that he took. It might have been a nice thing to do, but he doesn't deserve any extra applause for bowing out in the middle of a show. Next time, he just shouldn't take a fight like that if he doesn't want to finish it.

I know you say there was no reason to endanger each others health, but seeing as how you are the former fat king of fight club and a "part time" fighter I am pretty sure you are aware that the risks are fairly minimal and anyone taking a fight accepted those risks.

Back