WingChun Vs Boxing or the "Actual Practioner" ? - Discussion Thread

BOXING-

Personally, I recommend 5 years of solid Boxing but its up to you to embrace the whole sport of Boxing and learn in and out of the Gym.

Learn about the various types of systems within boxing, all the footwork in other words the theoretical and the application.

Study it, its very deep and allot of fun.

Don't just take the modern aspect but dive deep to the past study the old techniques and training methods used in past so on.

MUAY THAI-

Then Muay Thai that will now prepare your kicking skills and having done Boxing your fitness and conditioning should be established and have good power.

BJJ

Then as a final art get into BJJ for some ground work study.

That the sequence of study I would advise given your above options.

However, why not take something more direct for defense like Wing Chun or KRAV MAGA or similar type not sport orientation martial art.

Have fun learning either way! ;)

Wing Chun or Krav Maga are not a quicker route to self defense......... You are basically saying that a person that has trained 5 years in boxing would not compare to a person with 5 years of Wing Chun or Krav Maga........ Who is the real Troll, Boxing, Muay Thai and BJJ are proven arts, that actually work ..........

You are just another Wing Chun troll..........

Here have a cuppa on me ...................
i_love_wing_chun_chinese_kung_fu_two_tone_coffee_mug-rd6196fa894724d52bfe33310252e5e80_x7j1l_8byvr_307.jpg
:D<Lmaoo><45>

詠春永遠 ;)
What I mean by "dead" is that it isn't functional in practice because the practice of functional application has been removed.

It is like most TMA's they are dead but they are rich in dead movements and techniques that can be brought back to life with functional training. A lot of these movements may not look the same once they have been adapted because the functional living movement pattern will look different than what has been passed down.

There is a reason Bruce Lee claimed that with 2 years of boxing and wrestling training that a person could beat all the kung fu masters in china and he was a wing chun guy. That is why he had to adapt wing chin into a mixed martial art.

咏春永远。。咏春比拳击比赛。 它们不一样。拳击是最高级的武术。咏春就是一个游戏吧……

咏春永远。。咏春比拳击比赛。 它们不一样。拳击是最高级的武术。咏春就是一个游戏吧……
Wing chun is a dead martial practice that has become the vehicle for a mode of social interaction where the wing chun guys play together then teach each other how to become con men and bypass peoples self defense systems verbally. It is quite perverse really.

Wing chun is a dead martial practice that has become the vehicle for a mode of social interaction where the wing chun guys play together then teach each other how to become con men and bypass peoples self defense systems verbally. It is quite perverse really.
For real do you know what I typed?

For real do you know what I typed?
Look I understood once I realized that wing chun guys knew it was bullshit what it was really about.

I thought maybe that wing chun dude believed it works and had been duped but once I realized that he knew it didn't work that it wasn't about that at all.

Which means it is about actively duping people. That is what con artists do. That is what wing chun is about. Which makes wing chun a cult.

NAILED IT!
<{ByeHomer}>

Last edited:
Look I understood once I realized that wing chun guys knew it was bullshit what it was really about.

I thought maybe that wing chun dude believed it works and had been duped but once I realized that he knew it didn't work that it wasn't about that at all.

Which means it is about actively duping people. That is what con artists do. That is what wing chun is about. Which makes wing chun a cult.

NAILED IT!
<{ByeHomer}>
Calm down you are comin in too hot.
It for future reference just because something is in Chinese doesn’t mean it is pro wing chun

I'm going with a boxer!

@JabToucher, After I did a Forum search seems like so many think Wing Chun is a pathetic system, well I can't force others to like it.

Like I have said many times its up to the practitioner not a system its up to you for me not interested in fighting its a hobby for me a passion and its what I like amongst other stuff like boxing all good lots of fun to have for fitness, personal health and a hobby.

And I guess from what i have read, people are going to say/comment that the above video is all fake because they want to shut down Mr Wongs training.

Where I like the guy I have seen some of his videos and has my vote

I wont post anymore in this thread or similar its pointless to discuss things .......... just pointless :(

@JabToucher, After I did a Forum search seems like so many think Wing Chun is a pathetic system, well I can't force others to like it.

Like I have said many times its up to the practitioner not a system its up to you for me not interested in fighting its a hobby for me a passion and its what I like amongst other stuff like boxing all good lots of fun to have for fitness, personal health and a hobby.

And I guess from what i have read, people are going to say/comment that the above video is all fake because they want to shut down Mr Wongs training.

I wont post anymore in this thread or similar its pointless to discuss things .......... just pointless :(

Do you promise?

If you posted some actual fights or live sparring and not choreographed fight scenes or practising against unresisting "opponents" etc...... People might take you more serious, it doesn't need to be you but it needs to show a person using Wing Chun as their primary art and not a few moves and then calling them a Wing Chun fighter, hand trapping appears in Boxing and Muay Thai.

Last edited:
WING CHUN VS BOXER USING ONLY ONE HAND REAL MATCH UNDER SANDA RULES.

To be fair that looks like Yi Long, he had a pretty good chin back in the day but he is primarily a KB (Wushu/Sanshou) and was actually making a defence against the kicks by turning his knee in and adjusting his stance....... But it does prove the point it turned into a sloppy KB fight.

I'm just going to post with some humor here so if you don't mind you guys got to watch this........

<Lmaoo>................ ;)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3751-1390465224-12.gif

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo>

PS..... Thanks Adam!

Then come the Police.....

535bbdb7b47f2fe678e1660756eea9a8.gif

Last edited:

I used to subscribe to Mr Wrong,
Until I saw his video on knife defence.

And the people in his videos are normally his students. So you don't see his techniques being actually used ever.

check out Roberto Duran he is considered the best infighter ever.

He uses a lot of the wing chun principles like sticking and trapping but he uses powerful punches, head movement and good footwork.

With regular sparing wing chun would end up looking something like this.

Back