Will your dog protect you or your home? The intruder challenge!

He's smart as hell, and watches out the window all day. He doesn't bark at the mailman or people passing by, but alerts/is ready for war if someone unknown knocks on the front door/comes up the driveway to the side door. I trust my dog 100% to protect as far as "alerting", but in the end he's a 30 lbs Shiba Inu. He'll let me know..and then it'll be a team effort when myself and Mr. Hellcat Pro respond to the threat to our lives.

You guys remember the dog that knocked down the old lady and immediately dry humped her to submission? Curious if that dog would be good for protection.
🤣 It was hilarious because the old lady appeared that she hadn't been dominated like that in years/ever, and was somewhat into it!

My boston cross is a good watch dog but not a guard dog - too small and friendly.

Ha! Maybe in her prime; but our dog is 15 and deaf. She would probably sleep through a home invasion….

You could even get one of those signs that say, "Doberman on premises" or something similar. That alone would likely serve as a good deterent.

I'm not sure I could do that with Akitas. Not sure they're well known enough.

Here were my Akitas taking this challenge: SOUND UP!

Man, I'm sure glad my dogs didn't react like this one... 🤣

No dogs but the four cats will most certainly scatter. Maybe one of them will be interested enough to come out for some sniffies. My 83 year old neighbor Jackie is a wild woman though and has no problem shooting anyone with her shotgun and I rather think she wants to, so there's that. I've 4 smartcams on the homestead and If I see anyone creeping on my property, best believe they're getting ambushed by me.

My boy has actually done it. Few years back I used to live next door to this dumbfuck speedhead, to put it short he was/is the absolute fucking embodiment of stupid. Apparently he owed money to some other dumbass speedheads and they came to collect. But being dumbass speedheads they got the wrong door. It's summer saturday and noon o'clock, these criminal masterminds spray paint my peephole black and knock the door. I go to the door and try to peek, but can't see shit so I actually think it's this dumbass next door trying to sell me shit weed and/or some mystery pills and keeping his hand over it to be funny. So I open the door and two guys try to force my door open and one of them kept hitting my arm with one of these.
18f0bc77557d7310e6f924ed674317b6.png
Now as a hardened sherbro I was having non of it, just kept hold of the door handle and yelled wtf. At this point my 25kg ball of murder lets out somekind of fucking hellhound warcry and tries to get past me. So I'm there holding the door with one hand and the other trying to keep my dog out of harms way. At this point these two dumbasses snap to reality and probably figure out if they can't get the door open together, I have an angry loyal pupper who will hopefully go for their balls, and their weaponry is not up to par, they might have the wrong door and shit is about to get real bad for them and they bolt out of there like they were on fire. He has gotten extra treats ever since.

My boy has actually done it. Few years back I used to live next door to this dumbfuck speedhead, to put it short he was/is the absolute fucking embodiment of stupid. Apparently he owed money to some other dumbass speedheads and they came to collect. But being dumbass speedheads they got the wrong door. It's summer saturday and noon o'clock, these criminal masterminds spray paint my peephole black and knock the door. I go to the door and try to peek, but can't see shit so I actually think it's this dumbass next door trying to sell me shit weed and/or some mystery pills and keeping his hand over it to be funny. So I open the door and two guys try to force my door open and one of them kept hitting my arm with one of these.
18f0bc77557d7310e6f924ed674317b6.png
Now as a hardened sherbro I was having non of it, just kept hold of the door handle and yelled wtf. At this point my 25kg ball of murder lets out somekind of fucking hellhound warcry and tries to get past me. So I'm there holding the door with one hand and the other trying to keep my dog out of harms way. At this point these two dumbasses snap to reality and probably figure out if they can't get the door open together, I have an angry loyal pupper who will hopefully go for their balls, and their weaponry is not up to par, they might have the wrong door and shit is about to get real bad for them and they bolt out of there like they were on fire. He has gotten extra treats ever since.

The goodest boy!

Pics of the dog?

The dog didn't protect the female, he simply barked. Every dog i've ever had would bark like that if someone was at the door or in the yard. There are videos of people actually breaking into homes that had dogs in them, and from what i've seen most of the dogs either ran away or greeted the intruders.

Also anyone who mutilates a dog's ears, like the ears of that dog in the video, should be heavily fined and banned from having dogs. It should be outlawed in all countries, like it is in mine.
Makes the dogs look ridiculous anyway.
Was about to say this. The video doesn't show the dog protecting anything and, as you say, plenty of dogs do absolutely nothing as soon as someone enters the room. They definitely make a lot of noise though.

Yeah undoubtedly. My Dogs have no issues squaring off with animals nor have much fear of people. Nobody is allowed to yell at me nor stand over me. Those are the basic rules for people. ( and animals)

Even my mates had issues when I lost consciousness once despite knowing him from puppy age he was determined to try keep them away from my body. And he luvs them lol.

Attack me physically? Yeah. You're fucked and I have very very little doubt of that heh

All I can say is don't approach my bed in the middle of the night.
They might not attack you, but they will growl, and that will wake up my wife.....

Then you're fooked.

Back