• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will you order UFC 183?

That sucks, do you avoid the results and try to watch the next day?
Nah i usually just read about it as its happening. I work downtown so i usually try and take my break during the main event and catch it if possible.

A fight that won't involve a wrestler or a point fighter vs Nick Diaz . I would be crazy not to order this .

the ufc must be pretty desperate for sales to offer such a deal

I honestly don't care about this fight at all. Neither guy has won a fight in years and Nick is nothing but a sacrificial lamb to Anderson.

I'm going to buy either 184 or 185, not sure yet. Was going to be 184 for sure before Jacare/Romero and Mir/Bigfoot got taken off the card.

So u have to have contenders fighting for it to be a good card?? Gtfo man!!!

From someone who buys all ppv's I really wish they offered a $15-20 main event only option for this one.

How is it not a good card?
It's an OK card, but the main event is Anderson Silva vs. a handpicked WW that is coming out of retirement to fight him. The only way it's a competitive fight is if Silva is completely washed up. I mean I'm looking forward to it, but it's not usually what I'm looking to see in a main event. The co-main event is a good, but not great match-up. I'm excited to see if Kelvin keeps moving up the ladder, but Woodley has put on some stinkers before and I don't particularly enjoy watching him fight, especially in a co-main event. He's not co-main event material on a PPV IMO. And the other 3 fights on the main card could easily be prelim fights. I'll enjoy them, but I'm not exactly counting down the days to see any of those 3 fights. And last but not least, two of the fights I'm looking forward to most(McCall and Tate fights) are free. So the PPV portion just doesn't stand out to me as being a great card, but as I said, I am still looking forward to it and will enjoy it.

nah, i will watch the prelims and then follow the updates for the main card up untill the main event at which point i will pop out to hooters, buy one drink and watch it leaning against something

Are you kidding? The card has some great fighters, and Ed Herman.

Silva - Diaz
Woodley - Gastelum
Lauzon - Iaquinta
Mein - Alves
McCall - Lineker
McMann - Tate

So of course I won't. But I'll definitely watch.

It's an OK card, but the main event is Anderson Silva vs. a handpicked WW that is coming out of retirement to fight him. The only way it's a competitive fight is if Silva is completely washed up. I mean I'm looking forward to it, but it's not usually what I'm looking to see in a main event. The co-main event is a good, but not great match-up. I'm excited to see if Kelvin keeps moving up the ladder, but Woodley has put on some stinkers before and I don't particularly enjoy watching him fight, especially in a co-main event. He's not co-main event material on a PPV IMO. And the other 3 fights on the main card could easily be prelim fights. I'll enjoy them, but I'm not exactly counting down the days to see any of those 3 fights. And last but not least, two of the fights I'm looking forward to most(McCall and Tate fights) are free. So the PPV portion just doesn't stand out to me as being a great card, but as I said, I am still looking forward to it and will enjoy it.

Silva vs Diaz
Kelvin vs Woodley
Lauzon vs Iaquinta
Mein vs Alves
All awesome fights on the PPV.

Yep, we get to see every fight we want, and even legendary fights like this one. Hell we get to see stars of the sport on free cable tv, and we still bitch and complain, it's sickening.

Reminds me when I was a kid and we watched the WWF on the weekends but the superstars never fought each other they would fight no name bums you had to get the PPV to watch the stars fight..Now we get to see stars on free tv! and people complain !?

Silva vs Diaz
Kelvin vs Woodley
Lauzon vs Iaquinta
Mein vs Alves
All awesome fights on the PPV.
I'm over Lauzon and he'll probably get smashed by Iaquinta. As I said I don't think Woodley is co-main event material on a PPV card. And the main event is a complete mismatch unless Anderson is beyond washed up, in which case the main draw on the card is somebody that is beyond washed up, which isn't particularly exciting to me. Alves vs. Mein is a solid fight, but it doesn't make up for everything else. In terms of high quality matchups it's not a great card. In terms of entertainment I'm sure it'll have plenty.

Might just watch the prelims and call it a day. Good fights on the main card but I really care very little about the main event.

I'm over Lauzon and he'll probably get smashed by Iaquinta. As I said I don't think Woodley is co-main event material on a PPV card. And the main event is a complete mismatch unless Anderson is beyond washed up, in which case the main draw on the card is somebody that is beyond washed up, which isn't particularly exciting to me. Alves vs. Mein is a solid fight, but it doesn't make up for everything else. In terms of high quality matchups it's not a great card. In terms of entertainment I'm sure it'll have plenty.

This is today's mma fan, way too much negativity. Try and enjoy the fights for once.

Im on the fence but i know with nothing else to watch ill end up purchasing it

I honestly don't care about this fight at all. Neither guy has won a fight in years and Nick is nothing but a sacrificial lamb to Anderson.

I'm going to buy either 184 or 185, not sure yet. Was going to be 184 for sure before Jacare/Romero and Mir/Bigfoot got taken off the card.

184 getting stripped down like this makes me want to cry. I dropped pretty dang good money on tickets, and they keep taking fights away from me. Next thing you know Weidman-Belfort will be replaced with some bs Miesha Tate fight.

This is today's mma fan, way too much negativity. Try and enjoy the fights for once.
Lol, why are you so defensive over this card? I've already said I'm buying it and looking forward to it. It simply doesn't stand out to me as a particularly great card. If I was being selective with my purchases I would have chosen 181-182 and 184-86 over this card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back