Will you act surprised when Conor dominates cowboy?

Till, RDA, Pettis and Masvidal already dominated Cowboy. Why should I be surprised?

Conor's boxing and footwork is so much better, he should control the distance and win the fight.
Sadly his ego will be so inflated by winning, that he will be an asshole again.

If conor comes out and gets a ko in the first 20 seconds like the Aldo fight, is it epic, or is it disappointing?
Disappointing for sure.

I want at least 2 rounds to see if Conor is really Conor or if he's just a shell of who he was. That's really what I'm interested in. I dont like Conor however I like the excitement he brings to the game.

I'm not a hater. Conors antics suck. I guess I'm just more of a enjoyer of his fighting game I suppose.

No but the commentary will and then proclaim the man is back. Sherdog will have his nuts in their mouth afterwards.

Nate Diaz picked Cerrone apart in the stand up, I can't imagine what Conor will do to him.

Depends how he does it. For me it’s more about Conor confirming that he’s...you know...still able to fight like Conor after everything that’s happened. It’s reaffirming that he’s still who we remember. If that’s confirmed? Yeah I’ll be fucking excited
After everything thats happened? He looked in the best shape of his life for the Khabib fight.. What are you trying to find out from this fight? If Conor can beat a past his prime fighter? You might as well ask Conor vs BJ Penn at this point and see if Conor can "shatter" your expectations....

This fight makes no sense...Sure it can be used as a warm up fight for Conor, but when Conor wins, i dont wana hear how he fucking deserves a title shot or this and that like im sure i will see all over sherdog. This is one of the biggest gimmick fights ever, it wouldnt of looked so bad if Cowboy didnt get annihilated by Tony and Gaethje, but imagine facing Conor after those 2....

Disappointing for sure.

I want at least 2 rounds to see if Conor is really Conor or if he's just a shell of who he was. That's really what I'm interested in. I dont like Conor however I like the excitement he brings to the game.

I'm not a hater. Conors antics suck. I guess I'm just more of a enjoyer of his fighting game I suppose.
I’m in the same boat and in total agreement. That’s why I want conor to come out, look strong and get a solid, clean, uncontroversial win. Anything less will just diminish our chances to have some amazing potential fights

No. Cowboy is getting old and has tons of mileage. Conor needs to dominate or it looks bad

Anything can happen. You should never be too confident in the outcome of an unscripted match between 2 experienced fighters. Conor has been very inactive and is the smaller man

After everything thats happened? He looked in the best shape of his life for the Khabib fight.. What are you trying to find out from this fight? If Conor can beat a past his prime fighter? You might as well ask Conor vs BJ Penn at this point and see if Conor can "shatter" your expectations....

This fight makes no sense...Sure it can be used as a warm up fight for Conor, but when Conor wins, i dont wana hear how he fucking deserves a title shot or this and that like im sure i will see all over sherdog. This is one of the biggest gimmick fights ever, it wouldnt of looked so bad if Cowboy didnt get annihilated by Tony and Gaethje, but imagine facing Conor after those 2....
He was in great shape and then he got arrested many times, accused of rape, found partying and clearly has issues with alcohol and drugs. That takes a toll on a person. Not to mention, he retired. So he likely stopped going to the gym. There’s many things in question about Conor. He doesn’t even act the same leading up to this fight, and most of the “countdowns” and other preview programs we watch are just recaps with no new content about Conor. It’s almost entirely unknown how he’ll look right now.

Just wondering if you guys will actually work yourselves up that much to pretend you are surprised when Conor beats past his prime Cowboy and then asks for a title shot as if he did something no man has ever done before.

The only thing better would be if Cowboy retires after this fight making Conors win even more useless.

I predict Conor via KO in the 2nd round.
Why even ask? People that hate Connor will talk about how over the hill cerrone is, (they also want gaethje to fight for a title after getting a win over cerrone) if cerrone wins they will talk about how bad a fighter a former 2 weight champion is. The people that like Connor will act like it's the greatest win ever. And if he loses they will give reasons why he lost (weight, time off, etc) Than like 10 people on the site will objectively look at the fight and get responded to by a bunch of retards trying to shit on Connor if he loses or wins, or a bunch of retards trying to prop him up as a goat if he wins.

Just wondering if you guys will actually work yourselves up that much to pretend you are surprised when Conor beats past his prime Cowboy and then asks for a title shot as if he did something no man has ever done before.

The only thing better would be if Cowboy retires after this fight making Conors win even more useless.

I predict Conor via KO in the 2nd round.
No ...because everybody and they mama knows this fight has a predetermined end in favor of Conor

I’m in the same boat and in total agreement. That’s why I want conor to come out, look strong and get a solid, clean, uncontroversial win. Anything less will just diminish our chances to have some amazing potential fights
I've been sitting here thinking about this whole thing since you brought it up. I hate to say it but the sport needs conors in it. If he doesn't win this fight all excitement goes out the window.

Conor is a polarizing figure. Khabib is the good guy and he needs a bad guy to kind of ying yang with.

Conor kind of needs to win this fight for the sake of balance imo. I know it's a drama based thought but it's a real aspect of the sport that makes us want to watch.

Only surprising end to this fight would be a Connor sub.

Il be honest here. I'm not quite sure.

Cowboy is a serious competitor with serious weapons. His striking is excellent. He starts slow though and Conor is a cannon right out the gate.

I'd be surprised If conor won the fight from the 3 rnd on. That's what would do it.

Subconsciously, Cerrone knows that the UFC will treat him better if he loses. A loss sets Conor up for a title shot and other options. A win destroys Conor and makes him go back to being a plumber. A win leaves the UFC with an aging veteran that likely loses to his next top 170/155 opponent. Cowboy gets a Chuck contract for fun fights and a job after he retires.

Cowboy is brought in to lose but has biggest name recognition among the potential fights. If Mcgregor cannot put him away with ease or at least make it look like a one sided decision; I don't believe in his power or ability to compete at 155.

Figured id bump this thread really quick now that the fight has ended.... So.... who here is going to pretend and act surprised of the outcome? Are we going to say that something special happened? Anyone with a brain predicted a finish, yes maybe not like that, maybe not as fast, but nonetheless a finish.

I dont think Conor should stay at WW, he looked small compared to some of the bigger WW out there, i think he needs to be at LW and i think he needs another tune up fight before he is ready for Khabib. Because of how fast this fight ended, i want to see Conor against a top contender and not a past his prime gate keeper who is out there to make money at this point and drive his dirt bikes and ride his horses.

Great performance, give credit when its deserved, but nothing that was unexpected or anticipated, Cowboy is now like 0-3 in his last 3 by brutal beatings, surprised no1 is calling for him to retire.

Conor vs Justin gaethje next, then who ever wins Tony vs Khabib.

Back