Will Yas Island arena have Air conditioning

What the fuck they aren’t fighting on the beach in flip flops with tiki torches!?
I was stoked to see PVZ on the beach

fight island is a hoax man

<EdgyBrah><KhabibBS>
The preflight venue arrivals better have dragon boats and fog, that's all I'm saying. And some monks in the "crowd" wouldn't hurt the vibe either.

yeah I heard that. I dunno why they just didn’t do the fights at the Apex
Seems like such a hassle.
Because foreign fighters have difficulty getting here in the pandemic protocols. Apex only works for U.S. based fighters.

Vas island is the remedy for that. Now they can book foreign fighters too, without worrying as much about travel based pull outs.

yeah I heard that. I dunno why they just didn’t do the fights at the Apex
Seems like such a hassle.

For the millionth time, because travel restrictions for international fighters. I take it you didn't notice that nearly everyone at the Apex was someone based in the US.

No, there is no air conditioning in Abu Dhabi. They simply can't afford it/don't have the technology.

LMAO. Having it outside in summer , in one of hottest places on earth. Yeah the other fights in Abu Dabi the arena was hot becasue thats what the people there are used to. When its 120 outside - 90 inside is air conditioned.

You can't expect Dana to sit cageside in 100 degree heat, plus there'll be some local prince's in attendance, I'm guessing AC.

Lol yeah I had my brain hurting thinking about if it’s harder or easier to cool a arena without fans. Probably not a significant difference
Every fan is a load on the air conditioning. Humans give off heat. So yes no fans will make a difference

Lol yeah I had my brain hurting thinking about if it’s harder or easier to cool a arena without fans. Probably not a significant difference
@MadNIghtKing
Average human gives off same heat as 100watt tungsten light bulb.
So 10 people = 1000watts electric heater.

10,000people generate heat equivalent to 1,000,000watts so..... Yes no crowd = a bit easier time for the a/c.

More importantly They need insulation on the walls and run it for 24hours.
It is going to be insanely hot outside for sure. 100F+ in the daytime afternoon and only dropping to about 90F even during the coolest part of the night.

I don't think it was a rumor. Pretty sure it was talked about a lot that it was extremely hot.

Well, at 8am, they're at least going to be fighting at about as cool a time a day as there's ever gonna be. With no fans and early morning card, theoretically it won't be too bad if there is a/c in the building.

It's 90F in the middle of the night over there right now and 100-110ish during the day. That coupled with high humidity and a high dew point. If you've ever worked outside in a 90-100F day with similar conditions, you have a good idea of what that's like. People that are out of shape often visit the hospital for heat exhaustion or heat stroke during those days. Even people that are in shape can have problems if they aren't prepared to work hard in those conditions though. I doubt any fighter will have an issue other than potentially slowing down prematurely...

The logistics of this Yas Island thing is so crazy. What time do you wake up if you have a fight at 6am??? Maybe the best thing to do is go with your jet lag and sleep all day.
They'll likely just stick to their sleep schedules as if they were still in America since thats what time zone the card is being based off of. Might mess with them a bit trying to sleep with the sun up if they're not used to doing so. But is what it is. I know pvz was annoyed at being woken up for things when she was trying to get some zzzz's,

It's 90F in the middle of the night over there right now and 100-110ish during the day. That coupled with high humidity and a high dew point. If you've ever worked outside in a 90-100F day with similar conditions, you have a good idea of what that's like. People that are out of shape often visit the hospital for heat exhaustion or heat stroke during those days. Even people that are in shape can have problems if they aren't prepared to work hard in those conditions though. I doubt any fighter will have an issue other than potentially slowing down prematurely...
Yeah, i'm sure it's blazing hot even at it's coolest.

I was merely saying, at least the fights are at the coolest possible time of day possible, not that it would actually be cool.

Arizona was like that when i visited as a kid. It was still 103f in the middle if the night, midsummer.

I can only imagine over there...

I don’t know if it was a rumor or true but there was a couple people on twitter saying the arena was not air conditioned to a good temperature at UFC 242 Khabib v. Poirier. If it’s hot in there who do you think will benefit in their fights and who will it hurt?

ufc 242 wasnt at the same place this event is. last event held there was big nog vs roy nelson.

I hope so, lol. Should not be amateur hour and have 100 degree heat, plus humidity.

Of course they'd have some sort of ac, would be illegal otherwise.

Back