Will Yas Island arena have Air conditioning

Lol yeah I had my brain hurting thinking about if it’s harder or easier to cool a arena without fans. Probably not a significant difference

Well the fans create a lot of air circulation so we'll they're probably better than nothing, ac would be best

Lol @ anyone thinking the UFC would put on a multi-million triple-title-fight PPV event on an octagon in the beach with no protection from the elements. Haha. Come on man. They said they were setting it up for fighters to train in and that's it.

I imagine they will have good AC. It would be insane if they spent millions in Covid testing, hotels, village for the fighters, special flights, broadcast, etc, and didn't have something as basic as temp control. In the Khabib fight they had to set up a huge arena to contain all the people attending, so I imagine it was harder. I assume this will be a much smaller space and much easier to control. It would be very bush league if not.

On a side note, I was in Florida recently in the summer and being outside is absolutely brutal. 100F+ every single day and scorching sun. Anyone who trains in Florida should feel at home in Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:
Good thing both guys in the main event are accustomed to humidity and hot weather. Can't say the same for Yan and Aldo, this gives Aldo the advantage.

no fans makes it hotter
I think he meant these fans

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes island will be filled with yes man who agreed to go to such an island

They made the "arena", it's relatively small so it should be easy to regulate the temps. Honestly somewhat impressed with Dana's (the UFC's) work on this, haters can hate but IMO impressive.

The logistics of this Yas Island thing is so crazy. What time do you wake up if you have a fight at 6am??? Maybe the best thing to do is go with your jet lag and sleep all day.
Volkanovski has been maintaining Perth time and waking up 6 hours before his fight time every day

This is one of the funnier threads I have read in a long time. The initial reply to TS was clearly a play on "fan" having dual meaning, which somehow got lost.
It didn't get lost. I'm an asshole and these spiteful creatures won't let me hang out in their cool club.

I don’t know if it was a rumor or true but there was a couple people on twitter saying the arena was not air conditioned to a good temperature at UFC 242 Khabib v. Poirier. If it’s hot in there who do you think will benefit in their fights and who will it hurt?
Well, at 8am, they're at least going to be fighting at about as cool a time a day as there's ever gonna be. With no fans and early morning card, theoretically it won't be too bad if there is a/c in the building.

Who would the heat affect though?

I'll go

Usman, since he's looking at a completely different opponent and gameplan that what he planned for

Tybura, cuz he's a fat can anyways (mildly)

His opponent Maxim because it's his debut and ufc jitters plus excessive heat sounds not fun

Makwan, cuz I bet on Henry

And Aldo, from the excessive weight cut to 135 in the heat.

Side note I don’t know how people live in a city that’s over 100F all summer. It’s 90 where I live today and I couldn’t stand walking anywhere
Just walk slow and wipe your face a lot. You'll be fine.

It's the sleeping that gets me. I can't sleep in hot ass heat. Need a/c at night or at least 2 good fans, one blowing out the window for circulation, and one blasting right on me.

What the fuck they aren’t fighting on the beach in flip flops with tiki torches!?
I was stoked to see PVZ on the beach

fight island is a hoax man

<EdgyBrah><KhabibBS>

Sand-attacks are still game though, right?

It's actually a fair question as I am fairly certain they had an event overseas around there and the building either did not have AC or it was not working at the time and everybody including the fighters themselves were complaining about the heat.

What the fuck they aren’t fighting on the beach in flip flops with tiki torches!?
I was stoked to see PVZ on the beach

fight island is a hoax man

<EdgyBrah><KhabibBS>

Isn't the fight taking place overnight ? They should make it outside. At least the prelims ffs...

Isn't the fight taking place overnight ? They should make it outside. At least the prelims ffs...

yeah I heard that. I dunno why they just didn’t do the fights at the Apex
Seems like such a hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back