Will we see you Tumorrow...

syct23

...ElipsisBelt...
@Steel
Reaction score
BREAKING

John McCain Will No Longer Be Treated for Brain Cancer, Family Says
The son and grandson of Navy admirals who spent more than five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, Senator John McCain rose to become one of the towering figures in American politics.CreditZach Gibson for The New York Times
By Nicholas Fandos and Jonathan Martin

• Aug. 24, 2018
WASHINGTON — Senator John McCain of Arizona, who has been battling brain cancer for more than a year, will no longer be treated for his condition, his family announced on Friday, a sign that the Republican war hero is most likely entering his final days.

“Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: He had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict,” the family said in a statement. “With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment.”

Mr. McCain had been undergoing treatment since July 2017, and has been absent from Washington since December. Mr. McCain’s family has gathered in Arizona, and people close to him say his death is imminent.

From his ranch in Arizona, Mr. McCain had managed to maintain a voice in key foreign policy and military policy debates, sharply criticizing President Trump after his summit meeting with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, an old adversary of Mr. McCain. At home, he has welcomed close friends to renew ties. But after decades as a fixture in Washington and a larger-than-life character, he had largely retreated from the public eye.

The son and grandson of four-star Navy admirals who spent more than five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, Mr. McCain rose to become one of the towering figures in American politics, twice seeking the presidency and winning the 2008 Republican nomination for president. In the Senate, he has been both revered as an iconoclast and criticized by many, including Mr. Trump, for his willingness to buck his party on issues like campaign finance reform and, last summer, the repeal of the Affordable Care Act.

Was some good times old chap..

While I disagreed with the man on many things, he was one of the few in Washington DC that you could trust they actually believed what they said.

Whether he succeeded is debatable depending upon your disposition, but he was a man who at least tried to leave the world better than he found it.

Never been a huge fan, but he has my respect and I hope he's out of pain soon.

While I disagreed with the man on many things, he was one of the few in Washington DC that you could trust they actually believed what they said.

Whether he succeeded is debatable depending upon your disposition, but he was a man who at least tried to leave the world better than he found it.

Only thing I could add to this excellent post is that I hope the President takes high road or someone else posts on his behalf when McCain passes away.

wow that title is fucked up

dont agree with him on almost anything.... but thats a shit way to go. Best wishes to him and his family at this tough time.

I wouldn't wish cancer, let alone brain cancer on anyone . . . hopefully he's out of pain soon and doesn't suffer much longer.

"Tumorrow"...

Even for a guy like me, that's cold.

Good patriot.

Inb4b scumbags shitting on a dying war hero and arguing against his accomplishments from their armchairs through their Donald Trump thinking filter system

Are you really clowning someone for their service connected disability?

Thought yall supported the troops...

Terrible way to go, hopefully they keep him comfortable on his way out

Didn't agree with much of any of his policies but felt you could actually trust he meant what he said. He tried much over the last year to bring bipartisanship back. Maybe now after his funeral Congress will stop trying to fuck each other over while fucking over the citizens and actually work together

I'll bet Donny Bonespurs won't say anything when John McCain passes, but let's all hope this fat embarrassment of a president can at least let the occasion pass without some petty tweet.

I'll bet Donny Bonespurs won't say anything when John McCain passes, but let's all hope this fat embarrassment of a president can at least let the occasion pass without some petty tweet.

Considering his onslaught history with the sport, I find it sad that McCain gets more support in a time like this on a MMA site than he does from the POTUS and a member of his party

Considering his onslaught history with the sport, I find it sad that McCain gets more support in a time like this on a MMA site than he does from the POTUS and a member of his party
It is. Ffs, McCain has faults but he's a man of principle and loves his country. He shouldn't have to suffer the indignity of stupid idiot Trump saying anything at all, good or ill.

He couldn't keep his foot out of his mouth when Aretha Franklin of all people died, I doubt his tweet will be graceful.

I'll bet Donny Bonespurs won't say anything when John McCain passes

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

"RIP to a true patriot. A real war hero"

Something along those lines, will be said by The President.

He couldn't keep his foot out of his mouth when Aretha Franklin of all people died, I doubt his tweet will be graceful.

And what exactly did he say?

"She worked for me on a few occasions. She was a terrific person."

OMG!!! ORANGE RACIST SLAVE MASTER!!!

You people are insane.

Back