Will UFC keep Ronda headlining crap cards?!

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The last two Ronda cards were pretty bad, and had no other title fights as the co-main. It's clear that Ronda is drawing for the UFC despite this so the question is does the UFC keep rolling her out on these weak cards because of that?

I wonder how much PPV points Ronda gets. If I were her I would be pissed, the UFC is costing her lots of money by not putting together good cards to draw more, or promoting them half as much as they did with Conor, who also had Lawler vs Rory for the title as a co-main

I will be interested to see how the UFC uses Ronda moving forward, I know both her and Conor want to be in the same card in Dec, but not sure if the UFC wants to give away that many PPV points on one card

If she can get 190 to do >500k buys, then yes. She can make even a mediocre card sell well, so why waste putting her on a stacked one?

Her fights are the reason the card is crap.

Watching her steam roll over matched bums in 30 second main events has gotten old real quick. I dont even want to see her fight again in life unless its Cyborg.

Or at the least not as a main event.

They'll likely keep making mediocre cards with mostly 2nd tier players filling out the main events.

That said, they're likely to still put at least ONE other decent draw on the card along with Rousey for insurance in case Rousey gets injured. That and I'm sure that Dana's phone is ringing off the hook from the other champs not named Conor begging to be put on Rousey cards.

If you're DJ, Werdum, Dillashaw, etc you're pretty much begging to be put on a card with Rousey for the exposure and PPV buys. By that token expect that pretty much every other champion and major fighter in the UFC is going to be very, VERY nice to Rousey for the foreseeable future.

Nobody will want to be the Champion that Rousey puts on her "not on my card" hit list.

At this point Rousey is the biggest voice in the promotion. She's currently got the best track record in the promotion as a major draw (size and consistency) and Dana is going to try to keep her happy. If that means running main card ideas past her first, then it's a very small price to pay.

There are currently no other champions that have enough clout to force a spot onto a card with Rousey, so it's play nice or enjoy the smaller paycheck.

All I can say is yes please,saves me having to watch that shit

Her fights are the reason the card is crap.

Watching her steam roll over matched bums in 30 second main events has gotten old real quick. I dont even want to see her fight again in life unless its Cyborg.

Or at the least not as a main event.

Then don't watch it, ya goof! Not bothering us at all.

Looks like it. Dana hasn't learned from the UFC 151 fiasco although he accepted zero of the blame for it either.

Explain how you do that with 45-46 events a year?

Subtract the shit cards.
Less events more high profile fights.

mA5SbP1W53Ex.gif

I couldn't stay awake in time for the co-main event. :icon_sad:

The ppv would have been ok minus the two Brazilian no-name fights.

Yes it was them guys who put you to sleep. I didn't care for that either. Its good they gave 7 fights. Its prolly why

Subtract the shit cards.
Less events more high profile fights.

To many fighters to do something like that.

Those shit cards still have fighters that need to make money.

Unless you think they should double the amount of fights on each card..

With as many eyeballs as Ronda brings to the product, you'd think they would stack the card with talented prospects like 189 did with Almeida and Gunnar instead of faded fighters like Shogun and Nog.

With as many eyeballs as Ronda brings to the product, you'd think they would stack the card with talented prospects like 189 did with Almeida and Gunnar instead of faded fighters like Shogun and Nog.

It looks like they're trying to with JJ/Gadelha and Tate/Nunes on 195

Last card was fine for me,

Big Nog
Shogun
Bigfoot

Back