• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Will Trump be on the primary and/or general ballot? (SCOTUS says Trump will remain 9-0)

Only a clueless bum would have believed the SC would hold up those shenanigans.

Smarkets is now giving Trump a 48% chance to win the election compared to Biden's 28%.

Oddschecker has Trump at +108 and Biden at +280.

Not looking good for Democrats at all.

Smarkets is now giving Trump a 48% chance to win the election compared to Biden's 28%.

Oddschecker has Trump at +108 and Biden at +280.

Not looking good for Democrats at all.

i guess congress should just vote on a bill to remove Insurrectionist Joe from the ballots.

In the grand scheme of things (i.e. Thomas's inolvement with Trump cases) he deserves criticism because he is not recusing himself.

Please spare us.

The judge Biden appointed should have recused herself as well because this ruling directly effects the opponent of his reelection. Same with the three judges Trump appointed.

So, theoretically, the judgement would have still been a 5-0 decision rather than a 9-0. Or if Thomas recused himseld it'd be 4-0.

The leftists goal of using lawfare to disqualify Trump from being on the ballot was always a pipedream. And thanks to the Supreme Court, 'The Integrity Of Our Democracy Has Not Been Dimenished.'

Deep-State = a group of people that direct and manipulate American domestic and foreign policy behind the scenes, this requires controling the major Gov. and Private institutions. The Supreme Court is one of the most powerful and important insitutions in the US.
No what I say is that the S.C. decision , along with many other decisions favorable to Trump puts holes in the conspiracy theory there is this Deep State that is trying to take Trump down.

No, you say very clearly deep state = ...behind the scenes. The Supreme Court is the opposite of behind the scenes. The Supreme Court is one of the three branches of government. They couldn't be behind the scenes if they wanted to.

idrank did good today. better than expected.

i agree with most of the scotus ruling just because even though its clear what trump did and theres all kinds of factual evidence that has even held up through many courts throughout the states during these whole ballot challenging lawsuits that concludes he was indeed involved in an insurrrection, i dont think that he should be disqualified from the ballots until he actually has his day in a court of law and gets tried for those kind of charges that would be grounds for disqualifying.

i mean sure after the jack smith and georgia rico trials i could easilly see that being grounds to bar him. then he's had his day in court. then it was all proven. but he hasnt been convicted on any of those kinds of crimes. so i still dont think its right that they would disqualify him over it. i mean if they could, just look at the can of worms it would open from both sides of the fence. justice roberts is probably right when he was questioning everything yesterday. if this would be allowed, in todays congress it would make for a very bad precedent. the democrats and republicans would just be throwing each other off the ballots every god damn tuesday over a bunch of shit that was never actually proven in court.

i'm not down for that, which is why i can agree with that part of the scotus ruling. however, congress shouldn't be in controll of the disqualification/. the state and most importantly the state courts should be in charge of that. congress is supposed to write the laws. the courts and justice system are supposed to enforce them. none of the three bodies should get to be the judge, jury, and executioner.

'The Integrity Of Our Democracy Has Not Been Dimenished.'

R.73ab4e925a2985762910be018431ae9b

To them, 'Democracy' is single-party rule of Democrats.
That's why everything that happens not with that goal is an 'Attack On Democracy.'

Back