Will TJ have to beat Cruz twice?

B

Bulletproof Acc

He had to beat Barao twice. Cruz was the more dominant champion and hasn't lost.

Real answer: Depends how it sells

How it should be: No, Cruz didn't even get a title shot in his last comeback fight.

No...Because he won't be able to...Not even once.

Dominick fights once in a year and a half, so he'll need to have a title eliminator, win it, lose a title fight, get another title eliminator (instant rematch can't be so instant if it happens a year after initial fight) and than have another title fight. That's like 4 or 5 years in the best of circumstances. Either TJ or Cruz can fall of their game during such a long stretch of time.

No, if Cruz loses anything other than a razer thin decision, he'll have to fight his way back to a shot.

Won't matter because he won't do it once.

That's my point. Everyone thinks Cruz is a better fighter and TJ winning this fight would be nothing short of an upset (not in my eyes) in many peoples eyes. If this were to happen, alot of the focus would be on Dom's knees/inactivity.

Immediate rematch makes sense. #NofucksgivenaboutAssuncao.

That's my point. Everyone thinks Cruz is a better fighter and TJ winning this fight would be nothing short of an upset (not in my eyes) in many peoples eyes. If this were to happen, alot of the focus would be on Dom's knees/inactivity.

TJ is Cruz light. The only way TJ wins is if Cruz' injuries make him a lesser fighter.

People are beginning to disregard Cruz' knees on account of the fact that he came back looking even better than he did before, and winning with ease. Watching the fight back, I think I saw Cruz get hit only once, if that, thanks to that footwork that he should not even be able to pull off.
To answer TS, if Cruz loses, it should hinge on how close the fight was. If there is a clear loser, there should be no rematch.

Putting Cruz in the cage twice would require 4 years minimum

It is likely considering Cruz will beat just about everyone else in the division and work his way back to TJ, if he even loses to Tj in the first place.

People are beginning to disregard Cruz' knees on account of the fact that he came back looking even better than he did before, and winning with ease. Watching the fight back, I think I saw Cruz get hit only once, if that, thanks to that footwork that he should not even be able to pull off.
To answer TS, if Cruz loses, it should hinge on how close the fight was. If there is a clear loser, there should be no rematch.

But if Cruz get's dominated, it would be super weird. If he get's dominated again 2 months later all the questions would be gone.

No...Because he won't be able to...Not even once.

Came to say this.

Basically after he loses to Dom he would have to beat him twice

TJ has done a great job copying Dominic. Cruz invented that style though so as long as he can stay healthy and retain enough of his ability Cruz should reign again.

Cruz was TJ except MUCH harder to hit and he was less predictable and mixed in wrestling much better.

Cruz looked like a monster last fight, if he comes out like that or better he is getting his belt back. (Which he never actually lost, though with 1 fight in 4 years it had to be done. )

And I say all this as a mma fan who really enjoys watching TJ fight since TJ has a skill level and fluidity that is at the top of the MMA world right now.

But people forget how dominant Dom was (even if it may have been a tad bit boring at times)

Came to say this.

Basically after he loses to Dom he would have to beat him twice

TJ has done a great job copying Dominic. Cruz invented that style though so as long as he can stay healthy and retain enough of his ability Cruz should reign again.

Cruz was TJ except MUCH harder to hit and he was less predictable and mixed in wrestling much better.

Cruz looked like a monster last fight, if he comes out like that or better he is getting his belt back. (Which he never actually lost, though with 1 fight in 4 years it had to be done. )

And I say all this as a mma fan who really enjoys watching TJ fight since TJ has a skill level and fluidity that is at the top of the MMA world right now.

But people forget how dominant Dom was (even if it may have been a tad bit boring at times)

Cruz did absolutely NOT invent that style lol.

I see some similarities in their movement (which TJ probably applied from Dom) but that's where it stops. Everything else they do is completely different.

Uh nope. If he beats him the first time, assuming it's in a dominant manner, that's it for the time being. And no, Cruz was never anywhere near as dominant as Barao, let's be honest here. He just ran into Dillashaw pretty early in his title defence, that hardly negates being unbeaten for 32 straight fights and 9 years.

Blows my mind how many of you think Cruz is going to starch TJ, especially after that last masterful performance.

Uh nope. If he beats him the first time, assuming it's in a dominant manner, that's it for the time being. And no, Cruz was never anywhere near as dominant as Barao, let's be honest here. He just ran into Dillashaw pretty early in his title defence, that hardly negates being unbeaten for 32 straight fights and 9 years.

I said Cruz was the more dominant CHAMPION not fighter. You can't say Barao had a better title run than Cruz with a straight face on. Barao's unbeaten streak was impressive but did he beat better comp than Cruz? Hecks naw

I said Cruz was the more dominant CHAMPION not fighter. You can't say Barao had a better title run than Cruz with a straight face on. Barao's unbeaten streak was impressive but did he beat better comp than Cruz? Hecks naw

Yeah I'd say 4 decision wins, one being a _split_ decision, is not as dominant as 2 TKO's and 1 submission. With a straight face. Especially considering two of Cruz's wins were against the same opponent, aka someone he had already beaten once, via decision.

I'll admit Cruz is an excellent point fighter though.

Last edited:
Back