Will the UFC warm to Askren after the Abbasov fight?

RB777

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If you have been lookin for it all day like me, you can rest now because I found it on Dailymotion. Just search "Askren debiut w ONE FC".

After this performance, do you think the UFC will begin to warm to the idea of him in the octagon?

Total domination (while not always the most exciting) is a science. What do you think?

I hope so. That is his 3rd finish in a row now, and I personally enjoy his fighting style generally. How many fights does he have left with One FC? If he keeps winning I would love to see him debut against the likes of Matt Brown or Carlos Condit, because they would both make it exciting no matter what.

I hope so. That is his 3rd finish in a row now, and I personally enjoy his fighting style generally. How many fights does he have left with One FC? If he keeps winning I would love to see him debut against the likes of Matt Brown or Carlos Condit, because they would both make it exciting no matter what.

He signed a 6 fight/2 year deal.

Sadly I don't think we will see him in the UFC until after that contract is up

He signed a 6 fight/2 year deal.

Sadly I don't think we will see him in the UFC until after that contract is up

Yeah, that would be a long time for them to warm up to him!

Hopefully there is some part of his One FC contract that allows him to be bought out or something.

Dana will probably be a dick about and say he beat another nobody.

He made a mistake not going to WSOF though I understand his reasoning. There's a lot more name value there than ONE. Maybe if he wins the WW title there he might get enough support to be signed.

He would have been perfect for the WW division and all the vs Tristar lingo going one would have been entertaining. :icon_lol: 2 years to go and wait for the "Funk"

I think Dana holds grudges. And the fact the Ben fought and certain other organizations he may never sign him. Seems like he's doing the same thing with Cyborg because of Tito.

Askren has a contract. UFC can't do anything until then.

Dana will probably never sign Askren because he's a strong willed dude who won't bow to Dana's bullshit.

Refusing to sign Askren is just silly at this point.

He is signed somewhere else and it isn't one of his better wins.

He is under contract elsewhere. Sucks for the UFC to miss out on a guy that could win the title and it sucks for Askren that he fades into obscurity. Shit situation. I really hate that the UFC didn't sign him.

Askren IMO has come along way from just getting a UD he seems to be improving every fight and finishing his opponents . I think the main reason he didn't get signed is just Dana didn't want bellator champ hopefully his opinion changes when Askren gets the one fc belt .

To answer your question in a succinct manner....nope

Askren IMO has come along way from just getting a UD he seems to be improving every fight and finishing his opponents . I think the main reason he didn't get signed is just Dana didn't want bellator champ hopefully his opinion changes when Askren gets the one fc belt .

It could be one reason. But Sherdogs article this week says that Bellator did not view their multiple time champion worth keeping either.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Viewpoint-No-Lateral-Move-68077

So the Number 1 and 2 orgs did not want him. And he was a multiple time champion and title holder in the 2 org.

Wish the UFC would have signed him.

Dana will probably be a dick about and say he beat another nobody.

He made a mistake not going to WSOF though I understand his reasoning. There's a lot more name value there than ONE. Maybe if he wins the WW title there he might get enough support to be signed.
Nah. Askren made the right choice. He can build up some name recognition in the East Asian MMA market, where the UFC is looking to expand. He can headline cards in that area and allow the company to break new territory. Askren made the better decision, imo, as long as he keeps winning.

Yeah, it would be nice to see him get smashed.
Eh, I hope you mean "Baroni" when you say "him", otherwise you're going to be disappointed. If Douglas Lima didn't smash Askren, at this point in his career, a plodding, cardio for seconds Baroni won't present a threat to Askren in anything but the first 10 seconds.

He'll def be UFC ready by the time his OneFc stint is up. Sign the man Dana. The world has a right to know how he would do in the big leagues.

Back