• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will the fact that he was always a paper champ haunt DC?

notori0us1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The champion is supposed to be #1 but I don't think there is a person out there who thinks DC is #1 above Jones or that he is the true undisputed champion of that division.

DC has lost to Jones twice and has only retained the belt because Jones has fucked up. Has he performed his championship duties well? Absolutely. He has defended the belt and walks and talks like a champion but ultimately I think even DC knows that he is just taking care of another man's belt, a man whom he lost to twice.

This is why DC is so adamant in wanting to beat Stipe. I don't think DC took this fight for the money at all. He took this fight because he knew if he beats Stipe and becomes the first ever unified Heavyeweight champion people will forget about the Jones saga which will continue to haunt his legacy.

Thoughts?

Fighting Stipe was the only play DC had. Fans don’t care if he beats everyone else
In the division not named Jon Jones. Until he beats Jones he will have to live in another division.

Well Jones popped hot, so DC is the real champ.

He's the true champion for sure.

However he isn't the best lhw, that's Jon Jones.

It's like Bonds, there will always be the asterisks next to his name, but nobody forgets how dominant he was. Those losses to Jones aren't on the record, but I sure as fuck am never going to forget about Jones kicking the shit out of him...twice.

Jones getting popping (twice) gave DC's reign legitimacy but like someone else mentioned everyone saw shin to temple and the aftermath that followed.

The fact that Juicehead Jones has continually cheated & self-destructed has no bearing on what a great fighter and representative of the sport DC has been.

The real question I think is, will the fact that Jones popped twice for peds haunt his fans forever? D.C has moved on from that chum bucket and so have his fans.

Jon Jones was the paper champ, not DC.

He needed steroids to beat DC
giphy.gif

The real question I think is, will the fact that Jones popped twice for peds haunt his fans forever? D.C has moved on from that chum bucket and so have his fans.
Moved on? Come on now. He still mentions Jones all the time. DC probably doesn't go a day without the thought of Jones invading his head.

Not sure what this has to do with Conor? I think last time I checked Conor beat the actual champion something DC has failed to do.
A real champion defends... I don't mean in a court of law either.

DC is an emotional dude, I think the fact that he didnt beat Jones is gonna get to him till the day he dies

A real champion defends... I don't mean in a court of law either.
But a real champion first has to beat the champion which DC has failed to do twice. DC may defend but he's not defending the real undisputed belt which he never won.

Must suck for DC.

Ben Johnson easily beat Carl Lewis in the Olympics while Ben was juicing; which is considered the real Olympic champ and sports legend. <Moves>

Jones has been busted for substance multiple times so really I think it makes him more of a paper champ than anyone, takes away any credibility he had not knowing if he was juiced during the victories or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back