Will Shogun fans start to gain faith again after he demolish Lil Nog?

I expect him to win but I still hope he retires after.

As much as I'd love to, no. It would take a very special prime-Shogun-esque performance to even make me stop hiding behind a pillow, waiting for him to be KO'd again, in the fight after. (That is, if he doesn't retire after this one.)

Beating Little Nog isn't enough to gain faith in anyone these days. Shogun still has some good performances in him but days near the top are done. Would love to see both guys retire infront of their fans in this one.

If you look closely you can see the resurgence of Shogun. He looked on point against Hendo and was beating the hell out of him, but he just got caught with a hail mary punch that would never happen again. Then the OSP fight, i mean what can you say? He got caught. It happens to everyone. If they had a rematch Shogun would take his head off. Before that he destroyed Te Huna whose actually really underated. He's a tough Light Heavy but Shogun made it look easy.

The point is that Shogun could be on a three fight win streak right now. 4 really if you go back to the Sonnen fight where he just got caught in a fluke submission. That was a winnable fight and i'd still favor him to win if they rematched; espessially now that Sonnen is off steroids (oh i'm sorry i mean TRT).

Add Nogueria to all of the above and you have a potential contender. Lil Nog is actually a really good win. He's been underated since he beat top contender Rashad Evans. Some may point to Nogueria being old as a reason for him not being a legit win, but really Shogun is even older in mma years due to all the wars and surgeries.

No. Shogun has been done for years now.

Shogun fans? Yes. Sane people? No.

This. Beating a fighter well on his way out is no confidence-builder for rational people. He won't be building up to a title fight. This fight means nothing in terms of divisional rankings - or, at least, in a real sport it should not.

And I'm a super fan

Would be funny if Shogun wins this fight and the next then has to face Jones in his return fight.

Nope. He's done. He's had a great career but like Machida, all you can do at this point is just support him and hope for the best. Don't get your hopes up.

I never lost faith.

Shogun is an awesome fighter with an awesome fighting style and his fights are always spectacular to watch.

If you look closely you can see the resurgence of Shogun. He looked on point against Hendo and was beating the hell out of him, but he just got caught with a hail mary punch that would never happen again. Then the OSP fight, i mean what can you say? He got caught. It happens to everyone. If they had a rematch Shogun would take his head off. Before that he destroyed Te Huna whose actually really underated. He's a tough Light Heavy but Shogun made it look easy.

The point is that Shogun could be on a three fight win streak right now. 4 really if you go back to the Sonnen fight where he just got caught in a fluke submission. That was a winnable fight and i'd still favor him to win if they rematched; espessially now that Sonnen is off steroids (oh i'm sorry i mean TRT).

Add Nogueria to all of the above and you have a potential contender. Lil Nog is actually a really good win. He's been underated since he beat top contender Rashad Evans. Some may point to Nogueria being old as a reason for him not being a legit win, but really Shogun is even older in mma years due to all the wars and surgeries.
Shogun fucked Dan up in the rematch, and that was the definition of a Hail-Mary punch. Didn't see enough of him against OSP to make a judgement. I think Shogun should retire, but he isn't the bumbling, old, punch-drunk oaf people make him out to be, his hands are still potent, and the power never left him.

I never lost faith.

Shogun is an awesome fighter with an awesome fighting style and his fights are always spectacular to watch.

Yes, and nobody disputes that. The argument here is whether he should be believed in as any sort of contender. My heart says a resounding "YES". My mind? Fuck to the nope. Like a huge-ass, monolithic-size nope.

Just no.

Back