Will Shogun fans start to gain faith again after he demolish Lil Nog?

Beating any Nogs nowadays isn't very relevant to rankings. If u were to say he beat guys like Gus, Rumble , Jones..sure

Lol I understand

Why? His record is around top 10.

Lil Nog:
Got LnP'd by Bader and Davis
Got KO'd by Rumble in the 1st
Top win is Rashad

Gus:
Got finished by Davis
Got KO'd by Rumble in the first
Top win is Shogun
2nd notable win is Manuwa

If Nog beats Shogun, he will not be far away from Gus record-wise.

It will take a bigger win for me to have faith in him having another run in him

If you look closely you can see the resurgence of Shogun. He looked on point against Hendo and was beating the hell out of him, but he just got caught with a hail mary punch that would never happen again. Then the OSP fight, i mean what can you say? He got caught. It happens to everyone. If they had a rematch Shogun would take his head off. Before that he destroyed Te Huna whose actually really underated. He's a tough Light Heavy but Shogun made it look easy.

The point is that Shogun could be on a three fight win streak right now. 4 really if you go back to the Sonnen fight where he just got caught in a fluke submission. That was a winnable fight and i'd still favor him to win if they rematched; espessially now that Sonnen is off steroids (oh i'm sorry i mean TRT).

Add Nogueria to all of the above and you have a potential contender. Lil Nog is actually a really good win. He's been underated since he beat top contender Rashad Evans. Some may point to Nogueria being old as a reason for him not being a legit win, but really Shogun is even older in mma years due to all the wars and surgeries.

Have some GODDAMN RESPECT MAN. That was NO mere hail mary punch. That I will have you know was THE H-Bomb.

Sheesh@You!

/Sarcasm

Unfortunately Shogun is too battle worn. He will retire soon and hopefully cap off an awesome career with a final sweet win.

I would love him to try a MW run, his chin is too shot for LHW with killers like humble and gus IMO.

War Shogun/fuck the haters

He loves his family too much (hespect) to train all the time at Kings MMA, who knows what his ceiling is if he stayed.

I'll reserve all judgments until after the fight but I'm hoping going back to a full camp with Cordeiro will bring about some positive changes/reversion.

Faith in what? It depends on that, to be a champ? title contender? or stay relevant as a top 10 LHW?

For guys in Shoguns position you cant count them out but you cant say "he's back" based off one win. As a huge Shogun fan I dont really consider either one of those scenarios but rather just take it fight by fight without any consideration towards him being "done" or "back" Its easy for Shogun fans to claim he's back or get excited after a win, but its also unrealistic at this point considering he's lost shortly after.

I take it fight by fight and thats the smart way as a fan in this case. Guys like Andrei were never considered title contenders, neither was Lawler. Even after one.....two wins they were still doubted. And slowly they made it back and fans started to believe in them as contenders, but they are still not sold on Andrei. Same with a guy like Frank Mir, lost 4 in a row now has two wins but no one considers him a threat and think he will lose to AA. But if he wins? He's moving up inch by inch.

Thats they best way to consider Shogun now, one fight at a time.

1237363745_old_people_fighting.gif

shogun vs. little nog is just a fight old school fans want to see. neither guy is going to contend--it's just a way to get big names on a card. the outcome is practically meaningless in terms of the division.

I hope Shogun beats Lil Nog and the UFC feeds Shogun to Rampage.

If you look closely you can see the resurgence of Shogun. He looked on point against Hendo and was beating the hell out of him, but he just got caught with a hail mary punch that would never happen again. Then the OSP fight, i mean what can you say? He got caught. It happens to everyone. If they had a rematch Shogun would take his head off. Before that he destroyed Te Huna whose actually really underated. He's a tough Light Heavy but Shogun made it look easy.

The point is that Shogun could be on a three fight win streak right now. 4 really if you go back to the Sonnen fight where he just got caught in a fluke submission. That was a winnable fight and i'd still favor him to win if they rematched; espessially now that Sonnen is off steroids (oh i'm sorry i mean TRT).

Add Nogueria to all of the above and you have a potential contender. Lil Nog is actually a really good win. He's been underated since he beat top contender Rashad Evans. Some may point to Nogueria being old as a reason for him not being a legit win, but really Shogun is even older in mma years due to all the wars and surgeries.

Please don't stop at just those 3 fights. I want to know your excuses for all of his losses.

No lil Nog hardly shows up to fights anymore demolishing him isn't really that impressive with all due respect

Shogun is done, he can give us some good fights but hes not a contender anymore.

Back